06 tr vs. integra type-r

This is a discussion on 06 tr vs. integra type-r within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; mods on the type-r: CAI, header, racepipe, exhaust, dyno tuned with an apexi "VTAK" controller. TR: Stock with muffler removed. ...

06 tr vs. integra type-r

mods on the type-r: CAI, header, racepipe, exhaust, dyno tuned with an apexi "VTAK" controller.
    TR: Stock with muffler removed.

Thought i was going to get completly destroyed, but ended up getting him by about 4 cars up to 90. after getting killed he wants to run from a roll, so we run from a 25 mph roll, and he still got owned.

i thought these cars were a lot faster, are they that overated?
    Last edited by DTFH3030; 07-07-2006 at 01:32 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nope, they are not over rated.
    type-Rs were meant to be track cars and not drag cars.

i have a friend that had a type-R (before i got jacked and burned) and he would kill me on the twisties but i would kill him from a drag.
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

i like those things. they look nice with the big wing on the back.

Type R's are just integras with half the work of hooking them up done already.

It's not worth it to get one unless you are going to turbocharge it and then lock it in Fort Knox everynight.

2.5L torque > type r
    Car-less

They are pretty quick cars. They are certainly not drag cars.. made more for the twisties.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 07-08-2006 at 02:58 AM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlas66
    It's not worth it to get one unless you are going to turbocharge it and then lock it in Fort Knox everynight.

the c5 is the single worst b series motor for boost. the compression is too high and the gearing is way too short

they are very very very nice for n/a track cars... but they are really not designed for drag racing

a stock itr will run high 14's, bad thing is those mods MIGHT put him into the mid/high 14's

the c5's are great motors, but it takes more than boltons and vafc to get any decent gains....
    and the vafc is a joke for tuning those motors also, he should be running a chipped ecu with uberdata or chrome... as a matter of fact, since he's wealthy enough to buy the overhyped-R, then he should be able to afford hondata
    Last edited by $lick Rick; 07-07-2006 at 09:49 PM.