03 WRX vs. 04 GLI - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 03 WRX vs. 04 GLI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; you go catless like that brother and you will regret it. the **** will sound like crap and you will ...

you go catless like that brother and you will regret it. the **** will sound like crap and you will puke from it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

$1100 for chip, CAI, 3in cat back, and short throw shifter. 185whp/240ft/lbs tq.

Not that expensive and some decent power number. FMIC and 3in dp and you're looking at 200-210whp(depending on the chip) and 250-265 ft/lbs tq( the same...)
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Yes, the VW's that are factory boosted respond very well to mods.... particularly ecu upgrades. If all he was running was a REVO tuned for CAI, he should really consider getting a full exhaust and freeing everything up and THEN getting it re-tuned. With the exhaust and re-tune he would pull you pretty well from a roll.
    Nobody does real "tuning" for 1.8ts. Its all just base map programs. Some of the newer progams let you tweak things but nothing you can call real tuning. I had a 1.8t with APR reflash. When I added the turboback it doesnt make a huge difference. Beyond the chip, everything else is a waste of you money with the stock turbo power modding wise on the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzman
    Nobody does real "tuning" for 1.8ts. Its all just base map programs. Some of the newer progams let you tweak things but nothing you can call real tuning. I had a 1.8t with APR reflash. When I added the turboback it doesnt make a huge difference. Beyond the chip, everything else is a waste of you money with the stock turbo power modding wise on the cars.
    not really. I had a 3in cat back, and I bought the 3in dp for $100. With the DP it boosted 2 psi higher and that's like another 10whp. not bad for $100. An intake is a waste of money though. It doesn't do much for most turbo cars with simple mods. It was just something I wanted.

And if you want real tuning, check out ngp and eip. Two north east tuners near Baltimore city that will do stand alones and anything else you want....
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12