Honda CBR 600 F4 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65

This is a discussion on Honda CBR 600 F4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 06-wrx The guy on the bike must not have been racing, there is no chance the car ...

  1. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by 06-wrx
    The guy on the bike must not have been racing, there is no chance the car would beat it or keep up with the bike. I have owned numerous sport bikes and currently own a 2001 suzuki gsxr 750. Bikes are damn fast! Think about it, modern 600 CC 375 lb. sportbikes are putting down around 140HP!

    Your #'s for a modern 600 are a bit off. There 375 ish dry, most mag's I've seen put them at 425 wet, and dyno about 108 whp, not 140.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    You guys that are saying that a 600cc race rep can't hold it's own at higher speeds are crazy. I was on an R6 and a friend of mine in a MKII GTI with VR6t pushing about 280-320whp was racing a turbo civic. They took off and I was pacing the guy in the GTI on a 3 lane highway. at about 80mph I dropped it to 2nd took off. I was at about 140-150 before I stopped and I was still pulling on the GTI. I put about 6-7 -car- lengths on him in that time. If bikes were as bad as you say, then I would have gotten pulled on by a 300hp car at those speeds...

    If a bike was so horrible at accelerating in the triple digits, then there would be no way that people would be topping these things out. I had the r6 to about 172 indicated(probably about 155-162mph actual) and was still accelerating. The bike's accelleration didn't start crawling until about 150 some mph.

    Theres no way that an 11 second car will out accelerate an 11 second bike in the higher speeds. Mainly because the limiting factor on the launch is traction and the fact that pretty much all race reps cannot use the full power of the engine until atleast 3rd gear without worrying about the front of the bike coming up.

    Liter bikes have restrictions of 186 mph and they can do that.
    You raced a GTI, that should explain it all right there.

    It is going to take a pretty fast car to beat a 600 I'll give you that. But people seem to think there unstoppable. And from a roll there not, it's funny how you biker boys get your panties in a bunch over it.

    If I got a good pass out of my car on street tires, I'd hope for a low 13 sec 1/4. Yet earlier today, I race a friends 06 GSXR-600, from a 60 mph roll and we were dead even. And I had a passanger with me. I'll give you a hint, it's called traction. And a 3k lbs car with 400ish whp doesn't have any. In my mind there's no way a 11 sec bike will out accel a 11 sec car from a roll due to areo, and traction both are now in the car's favor, and the faster you go the less your weight advantage really maters.

    And I'm not buying any of the speeds you posted, as bike's speedo's are way off. Hell the GSXR I raced said his speedo read 148 during the race. I'm pretty sure we only went up to about 120 or so, but I never looked at the speedo.

  4. #48
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    You raced a GTI, that should explain it all right there.

    It is going to take a pretty fast car to beat a 600 I'll give you that. But people seem to think there unstoppable. And from a roll there not, it's funny how you biker boys get your panties in a bunch over it.

    If I got a good pass out of my car on street tires, I'd hope for a low 13 sec 1/4. Yet earlier today, I race a friends 06 GSXR-600, from a 60 mph roll and we were dead even. And I had a passanger with me. I'll give you a hint, it's called traction. And a 3k lbs car with 400ish whp doesn't have any. In my mind there's no way a 11 sec bike will out accel a 11 sec car from a roll due to areo, and traction both are now in the car's favor, and the faster you go the less your weight advantage really maters.

    And I'm not buying any of the speeds you posted, as bike's speedo's are way off. Hell the GSXR I raced said his speedo read 148 during the race. I'm pretty sure we only went up to about 120 or so, but I never looked at the speedo.


    you need to listen to this man he knows what up. one of the few. bikes are uberfast for the cash but arnt unstopable.

    check out my thread on kawiforums.com when i was first getting my bike. every site even bike have there fan boys that think there unbeatable. till i posted the link up.

    http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topi...TOPIC_ID=43097

    http://videos.streetfire.net/player....1-2FD9FA76915D
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  5. #49
    Registered User dcpatters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,174
    As a bike owner, ZX-7R, I do not claim or even acknowledge my bike is unbeatable. To most stock or modified cars, yeah probably. 2004NeonSRT4, if your 1/4 times are indeed true, and I have no reason to believe they are not, we would probably be crossing the 1/4 mile stripe within the same proximity of each other. This applies to any low 11 second car.

    In my opinion, this thread has kind of grown out of proportion. My doubt was that a CBR 600 got beat by a Stage2 STi. BrianH posted some good videos that say otherwise.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

  6. #50
    Registered User wrxinfx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    house
    Posts
    1,303
    http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...5c2d76f5f6.htm

    click this. this proves all bikes are slow. I don't care what everybody says. This is coming from a bike owner myself. heehee

  7. #51
    Registered User adam3482p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    2,553
    I have to agree that after 130 my bike really slows on the acceleration. I think a fast car can beat my R6.......but who starts a race at 130 My R6 did a 10.1 on the dyno drags.
    2009 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L Belize Blue Pearl

    2000 Yamaha R6
    10.123 At 131.9mph (Dyno Drags)
    111.1hp@wheel

    2002 Aspen White 5MT WRX - Sold

  8. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    You raced a GTI, that should explain it all right there.

    It is going to take a pretty fast car to beat a 600 I'll give you that. But people seem to think there unstoppable. And from a roll there not, it's funny how you biker boys get your panties in a bunch over it.

    If I got a good pass out of my car on street tires, I'd hope for a low 13 sec 1/4. Yet earlier today, I race a friends 06 GSXR-600, from a 60 mph roll and we were dead even. And I had a passanger with me. I'll give you a hint, it's called traction. And a 3k lbs car with 400ish whp doesn't have any. In my mind there's no way a 11 sec bike will out accel a 11 sec car from a roll due to areo, and traction both are now in the car's favor, and the faster you go the less your weight advantage really maters.

    And I'm not buying any of the speeds you posted, as bike's speedo's are way off. Hell the GSXR I raced said his speedo read 148 during the race. I'm pretty sure we only went up to about 120 or so, but I never looked at the speedo.
    A mark 2 gti that weighs practically nothing with a 6 cylinder turbo motor putting out around 300whp. He beat a new supercharged gto because of the huge weight difference.

    A bike's speedometer will be off by about 10-15mph at speeds over 130mph.

    Power can be a limiting factor for bikes. Just like a 500whp car can't put down all 500 hp on a launch without roasting the tires, a 130whp bike cannot put down all 130hp at launch without worrying about flipping it....and even in 2nd and 3rd gear....160whp bike even more so. So take an 11 second bike and put a stretched swing arm on it for a longer wheelbase and you could essentially drop a whole second if not more because of power.

    the new zx-14r has been reported to do low 9's stock. Set it up to really run at a drag strip with a stretched swing arm and a long wheelbase so it can actually use it's power and you're looking at an 8 second bike with no motor modifications....there's no way a 9 second ferrari will even come close to touching a zx-14r...and definately no way it's going to get it at over 150mph.

    bikes aren't untouchable, but it would take about 500whp to take a 600 because of weight difference. And as far as the aerodynamics are concerened, a bike has a whole lot less frontal area to push through the wind compared to a car....like 75% less...
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

  9. #53
    Registered User dcpatters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxinfx
    http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...5c2d76f5f6.htm

    click this. this proves all bikes are slow. I don't care what everybody says. This is coming from a bike owner myself. heehee
    Great video.....
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

  10. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    13,128
    Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    even some of the slowest sports bikes are faster than many of the fasted streetable cars.
    I've been the passenger in an 02 WRX that smoked an YZF600 from a stop and from a 20mph roll.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

  11. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    51
    I dont care what 600 bike it is. those are quick at any speed. You would have a better chance at taking him from a dig because of your AWD takes advantage there and all your torque you have. From a roll would be hard esp. at 80 MPH because A.) you dont have your AWD to help you and B.) you are relying on your HP more than torque. at 80 miles an hour he would kick it into 2nd gear if he had balls and take off.
    FS: 05 350Z Touring. PM for price and pics.

  12. #56
    Registered User ScstealthVR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Currently CO (CA orig.)
    Posts
    935
    It allcomes down to the starting speed. how many videos have u seen where the starting speed is 80mph? very few because racing from 80 to 130 or more is way more dangerous and takes long than 40 to 120 or somthing similar. check out supraforums.com. those guys race a lottt of bikes and, from a roll, they say to beat a 600 u need about 500+ hp, 750 u need 7 or 800 and to beat a liter bike u need 900 or more. There is a vieo on street fire of a guy with a zx-10 with some mods putting out 170 at the wheel. he races a supercharged vette with 650rwhp from what looks like a 50 or 60 roll. the guy on the bike does an intentional clutch up wheelie and slowly passes the vette, as soon as his wheel is back down he takes the f off. Its just a power to weight issue until aero takes over. so bikes are not unstoppable, but not many stock cars can beat them, esp from a dig or a slower roll. lets just all agree bikes are fast, they make u say "wheeee" but there are cars that will make u want to upgrade to a turbo busa by the rapeage theyll hand you.

  13. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFWV
    A mark 2 gti that weighs practically nothing with a 6 cylinder turbo motor putting out around 300whp. He beat a new supercharged gto because of the huge weight difference.

    A bike's speedometer will be off by about 10-15mph at speeds over 130mph.

    Power can be a limiting factor for bikes. Just like a 500whp car can't put down all 500 hp on a launch without roasting the tires, a 130whp bike cannot put down all 130hp at launch without worrying about flipping it....and even in 2nd and 3rd gear....160whp bike even more so. So take an 11 second bike and put a stretched swing arm on it for a longer wheelbase and you could essentially drop a whole second if not more because of power.

    the new zx-14r has been reported to do low 9's stock. Set it up to really run at a drag strip with a stretched swing arm and a long wheelbase so it can actually use it's power and you're looking at an 8 second bike with no motor modifications....there's no way a 9 second ferrari will even come close to touching a zx-14r...and definately no way it's going to get it at over 150mph.

    bikes aren't untouchable, but it would take about 500whp to take a 600 because of weight difference. And as far as the aerodynamics are concerened, a bike has a whole lot less frontal area to push through the wind compared to a car....like 75% less...
    For the most part your right, but keep in mind I'm talking 600cc bike's they have around 90-110 hp, not the 160 your referring to. It would take a hell of a machine to keep up with a 160 hp liter bike.

    Your wrong on the areodynamic's thing too, unfortantly I'm not good enough with that stuff to explain it. I had a book that went into it a little, but I let someone barrow it.

    Speaking of fast motorcycle's, have you guys seen "the worlds fastest indian"? What that guy did is just amazing. To fabricate his own pistons, rods, flywheel etc to make a 1923 indian run over 200 mph. He's my new hero.

  14. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    51
    the one legit video i saw is from vision boy production. The guy with the Lexus IS300 dynod close to 719 at the wheels without his 75 shot nos and the guys supra that dynos at 689. They raced a 1000 and it was a close race but they won. not by much though. Website is sick if you guys wanna check it out. www.visionboy.com
    FS: 05 350Z Touring. PM for price and pics.

  15. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    266
    Quote Originally Posted by 1flySTI
    the one legit video i saw is from vision boy production. The guy with the Lexus IS300 dynod close to 719 at the wheels without his 75 shot nos and the guys supra that dynos at 689. They raced a 1000 and it was a close race but they won. not by much though. Website is sick if you guys wanna check it out. www.visionboy.com
    I saw a local guy run a 1000cc bike with his supra and beat him. I think the supra was making around 750 at the time. I don't know what it make's now, but, I've seen video of it running 10.0's at 140. And that's his slow car.

    That's one hell of a car.

  16. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    I saw a local guy run a 1000cc bike with his supra and beat him. I think the supra was making around 750 at the time. I don't know what it make's now, but, I've seen video of it running 10.0's at 140. And that's his slow car.

    That's one hell of a car.
    if he is dynod at 750 he should be faster than 10.0. that supra with 689 HP is 9.91 in the 1/4 mile. hes got video of it. he does have an unlocked tranny though
    FS: 05 350Z Touring. PM for price and pics.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •