Subaru WRX Forum banner

Honda CBR 600 F4

19K views 64 replies 23 participants last post by  TMSHNKS 
#1 ·
So I am doing my normal drive to work driving spiritedly at around 80mph when I pass a Honda CBR F4 (who must have been doing the speed limit of 65mph or maybe 70). After I pass him I look in my rear view and I don't see him anywhere because he got on his throttle and got in my blind spot. A second later he gets next to me (still doing 80mph) and guns it so I down shift and hit it. By the time we hit around 120 I am still ahead of him but at 130 he started inching by me so I decided to get off the throttle and so did he, I gave him a thumbs up which he he kinda gave me this head shake like "yeah right" so I was like OKKKKKKKKK. Anyway I have a Stage 2 STi but I am untuned and having some top end issues so my question is has anyone ever ran these bikes or know what times they run? I just wanted to know because if I was to run him in the quarter I probably would have beat him by 2 cars or so.

P.S.:The freeway was totally empty other wise I would not have even tried.

#52 ·
racinready300ex said:
You raced a GTI, that should explain it all right there.:rotfl:

It is going to take a pretty fast car to beat a 600 I'll give you that. But people seem to think there unstoppable. And from a roll there not, it's funny how you biker boys get your panties in a bunch over it.

If I got a good pass out of my car on street tires, I'd hope for a low 13 sec 1/4. Yet earlier today, I race a friends 06 GSXR-600, from a 60 mph roll and we were dead even. And I had a passanger with me. I'll give you a hint, it's called traction. And a 3k lbs car with 400ish whp doesn't have any. In my mind there's no way a 11 sec bike will out accel a 11 sec car from a roll due to areo, and traction both are now in the car's favor, and the faster you go the less your weight advantage really maters.

And I'm not buying any of the speeds you posted, as bike's speedo's are way off. Hell the GSXR I raced said his speedo read 148 during the race. I'm pretty sure we only went up to about 120 or so, but I never looked at the speedo.
A mark 2 gti that weighs practically nothing with a 6 cylinder turbo motor putting out around 300whp. He beat a new supercharged gto because of the huge weight difference.

A bike's speedometer will be off by about 10-15mph at speeds over 130mph.

Power can be a limiting factor for bikes. Just like a 500whp car can't put down all 500 hp on a launch without roasting the tires, a 130whp bike cannot put down all 130hp at launch without worrying about flipping it....and even in 2nd and 3rd gear....160whp bike even more so. So take an 11 second bike and put a stretched swing arm on it for a longer wheelbase and you could essentially drop a whole second if not more because of power.

the new zx-14r has been reported to do low 9's stock. Set it up to really run at a drag strip with a stretched swing arm and a long wheelbase so it can actually use it's power and you're looking at an 8 second bike with no motor modifications....there's no way a 9 second ferrari will even come close to touching a zx-14r...and definately no way it's going to get it at over 150mph.

bikes aren't untouchable, but it would take about 500whp to take a 600 because of weight difference. And as far as the aerodynamics are concerened, a bike has a whole lot less frontal area to push through the wind compared to a car....like 75% less...

#55 ·
I dont care what 600 bike it is. those are quick at any speed. You would have a better chance at taking him from a dig because of your AWD takes advantage there and all your torque you have. From a roll would be hard esp. at 80 MPH because A.) you dont have your AWD to help you and B.) you are relying on your HP more than torque. at 80 miles an hour he would kick it into 2nd gear if he had balls and take off.

#56 ·
It allcomes down to the starting speed. how many videos have u seen where the starting speed is 80mph? very few because racing from 80 to 130 or more is way more dangerous and takes long than 40 to 120 or somthing similar. check out supraforums.com. those guys race a lottt of bikes and, from a roll, they say to beat a 600 u need about 500+ hp, 750 u need 7 or 800 and to beat a liter bike u need 900 or more. There is a vieo on street fire of a guy with a zx-10 with some mods putting out 170 at the wheel. he races a supercharged vette with 650rwhp from what looks like a 50 or 60 roll. the guy on the bike does an intentional clutch up wheelie and slowly passes the vette, as soon as his wheel is back down he takes the f off. Its just a power to weight issue until aero takes over. so bikes are not unstoppable, but not many stock cars can beat them, esp from a dig or a slower roll. lets just all agree bikes are fast, they make u say "wheeee" but there are cars that will make u want to upgrade to a turbo busa by the rapeage theyll hand you.

#57 ·
YZFWV said:
A mark 2 gti that weighs practically nothing with a 6 cylinder turbo motor putting out around 300whp. He beat a new supercharged gto because of the huge weight difference.

A bike's speedometer will be off by about 10-15mph at speeds over 130mph.

Power can be a limiting factor for bikes. Just like a 500whp car can't put down all 500 hp on a launch without roasting the tires, a 130whp bike cannot put down all 130hp at launch without worrying about flipping it....and even in 2nd and 3rd gear....160whp bike even more so. So take an 11 second bike and put a stretched swing arm on it for a longer wheelbase and you could essentially drop a whole second if not more because of power.

the new zx-14r has been reported to do low 9's stock. Set it up to really run at a drag strip with a stretched swing arm and a long wheelbase so it can actually use it's power and you're looking at an 8 second bike with no motor modifications....there's no way a 9 second ferrari will even come close to touching a zx-14r...and definately no way it's going to get it at over 150mph.

bikes aren't untouchable, but it would take about 500whp to take a 600 because of weight difference. And as far as the aerodynamics are concerened, a bike has a whole lot less frontal area to push through the wind compared to a car....like 75% less...
For the most part your right, but keep in mind I'm talking 600cc bike's they have around 90-110 hp, not the 160 your referring to. It would take a hell of a machine to keep up with a 160 hp liter bike.

Your wrong on the areodynamic's thing too, unfortantly I'm not good enough with that stuff to explain it. I had a book that went into it a little, but I let someone barrow it.

Speaking of fast motorcycle's, have you guys seen "the worlds fastest indian"? What that guy did is just amazing. To fabricate his own pistons, rods, flywheel etc to make a 1923 indian run over 200 mph. He's my new hero.

#58 ·
the one legit video i saw is from vision boy production. The guy with the Lexus IS300 dynod close to 719 at the wheels without his 75 shot nos and the guys supra that dynos at 689. They raced a 1000 and it was a close race but they won. not by much though. Website is sick if you guys wanna check it out. www.visionboy.com

#59 ·
1flySTI said:
the one legit video i saw is from vision boy production. The guy with the Lexus IS300 dynod close to 719 at the wheels without his 75 shot nos and the guys supra that dynos at 689. They raced a 1000 and it was a close race but they won. not by much though. Website is sick if you guys wanna check it out. www.visionboy.com
I saw a local guy run a 1000cc bike with his supra and beat him. I think the supra was making around 750 at the time. I don't know what it make's now, but, I've seen video of it running 10.0's at 140.:eek: And that's his slow car.

That's one hell of a car.

#60 ·
racinready300ex said:
I saw a local guy run a 1000cc bike with his supra and beat him. I think the supra was making around 750 at the time. I don't know what it make's now, but, I've seen video of it running 10.0's at 140.:eek: And that's his slow car.

That's one hell of a car.
if he is dynod at 750 he should be faster than 10.0. that supra with 689 HP is 9.91 in the 1/4 mile. hes got video of it. he does have an unlocked tranny though

#61 ·
ScstealthVR6 said:
It allcomes down to the starting speed. how many videos have u seen where the starting speed is 80mph? very few because racing from 80 to 130 or more is way more dangerous and takes long than 40 to 120 or somthing similar. check out supraforums.com. those guys race a lottt of bikes and, from a roll, they say to beat a 600 u need about 500+ hp, 750 u need 7 or 800 and to beat a liter bike u need 900 or more. There is a vieo on street fire of a guy with a zx-10 with some mods putting out 170 at the wheel. he races a supercharged vette with 650rwhp from what looks like a 50 or 60 roll. the guy on the bike does an intentional clutch up wheelie and slowly passes the vette, as soon as his wheel is back down he takes the f off. Its just a power to weight issue until aero takes over. so bikes are not unstoppable, but not many stock cars can beat them, esp from a dig or a slower roll. lets just all agree bikes are fast, they make u say "wheeee" but there are cars that will make u want to upgrade to a turbo busa by the rapeage theyll hand you.
http://videos.streetfire.net/hottest...5c2d76f5f6.htm
uhhhh.... couple posts up from you

#62 ·
1flySTI said:
if he is dynod at 750 he should be faster than 10.0. that supra with 689 HP is 9.91 in the 1/4 mile. hes got video of it. he does have an unlocked tranny though

I think it come's down to traction, and alot of driving skill at that point. Not just hp, beside's that a street car, what do you expect. Last I saw it, he didn't even have a cage, and I doubt it ever will.

I also saw him run a 13 some thing at like 136 mph, lol.

How's that saying go? What's the diff between a 500 hp supra and a 700 hp supra?

They both run 11's :rotfl:

#63 ·
racinready300ex said:
I think it come's down to traction, and alot of driving skill at that point. Not just hp, beside's that a street car, what do you expect. Last I saw it, he didn't even have a cage, and I doubt it ever will.

I also saw him run a 13 some thing at like 136 mph, lol.

How's that saying go? What's the diff between a 500 hp supra and a 700 hp supra?

They both run 11's :rotfl:
HAHA Very True! :rotfl:

#64 ·
02nighthawksi said:
+1 those bikes are in the mid to low 11's stock

Yeo I used to race them, He would have owned you in the quarter..

#65 ·
Bike race??

I have a TVR chimera 500 320 bhp and 1000kg and a straight line will leave any standard scooby simple power to weight being 320bhp per ton.

I also have recently got a cbr 600f 4i upto the 120mph I have had the nuts to get too so far, the bike is faster than the TVR and so much faster than a scooby. again simple power to weight 200kg bike plus 100kg rider so top side 300kg and 100 bhp minimum means 330bhp per ton. In reality the bike is slightly more powerful and most people are lighter than 100kg so you looking at 350bhp per ton.
As someone else said for rough number you would need 500bhp in the scooby to match.

however that is all a bit of nonsense. the scooby being 4WD will have a lot of confidence in its grip to happy to throw it in bends making you much faster than most bike riders. You also have less fear of a bit of diesel, gravel on the road etc etc so you can go harder when the biker will back off.
The other thing to note is torque your turbo scooby will have plenty the bike hardly any, in the wrong gear they are slow so a good chance the rider didnt bother to change down and just twisted the throttle to see how quick you would go. He was sitting on your arse end so he could see you and what you where doing again remember he is not bothered about you at that speed only his own life so sitting on your quarter probably means he can see you in the mirror and react to what your doing in the car without being killed to death.

In all straight line drag strip scooby gets left dead. public road twisty and with other cars, bad roads and junctions the scooby will probably be the faster mode of transport

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.