Honda CBR 600 F4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Honda CBR 600 F4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I now have a 2005 zx6r, prev a 1998 zx9r, and i have raced several STI's, WRX's, ricers, etc on ...

I now have a 2005 zx6r, prev a 1998 zx9r, and i have raced several STI's, WRX's, ricers, etc on the bike. They have never even been close. Even from a roll, a quick downshift or two on the bike and they are well behind. even some of the slowest sports bikes are faster than many of the fasted streetable cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a carb'd zx-6 600.
    Its slow by new bike standards but wont be beat by either one of my cars. New 600cc bikes hit 60 under 4 sec!

The bike was ridden my a newb like me
    See ya on the Parkway
    MODS

schoolloans
    Yes, bikes are very quick...

People don't realize however how much their acceleration trails off into the triple digits....

At 120, an older 600's acceleration isn't all that much faster than say an STi like car.

If you've ever run into the HIGH speeds with a bike, youll kow that the more the speed rises, the closer its going to be.

I've gone more than once with a cousins F3 well into the triple digits, he pulls TONS before 110,

Start te pull at 100+ he harldly gets away, and gets pulled by more serious sports cars...up there...

schoolloans
    Yes, they run the 1/4 at 120+ but are drag limited to around 150 for an older 600...

Fomr the top speed, you can get a sense of the aero wall they hit up high...its carxy to see/feel. And if you ride, you CAN feel it...

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans

People don't realize however how much their acceleration trails off into the triple digits....

At 120, an older 600's acceleration isn't all that much faster than say an STi like car.

If you've ever run into the HIGH speeds with a bike, youll kow that the more the speed rises, the closer its going to be.

I've gone more than once with a cousins F3 well into the triple digits, he pulls TONS before 110,

Start te pull at 100+ he harldly gets away, and gets pulled by more serious sports cars...up there...

i dont run my car..or bike over 120mph...that is suicide and unsafe, but puts not only you but anyone else on the road in danger. even at 100mph, there is a huge risk...maybe even more so on a bike because even the smallest road change or irregularity can move the bike in way that can not be corrected.

so i only know how it is compared to initial acceleration and normal highway speed acceleration.
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 07-05-2006 at 12:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans

At least someone get's it.

They started at 80mph, that bike is already hurting at that speed. Someone mentioned the 0-60 is less than 4 sec. That's probably true, unfortunatly they didn't race from 0-60, witch is the bike's strongest point.

At 80 MPH, you most likely would be at the top of 3rd in a 600. If you twist the throttle open, bye-bye. With a power to weight ratio of 4:1 or 5:1, even with bad aerodynamics the bike has the advantage at that speed.

I dug up an article that tested the popular 600's from 02-03. Of all 4 bikes, they averaged about 16.5 fseconds from 40-120 MPH.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters
    At 80 MPH, you most likely would be at the top of 3rd in a 600. If you twist the throttle open, bye-bye. With a power to weight ratio of 4:1 or 5:1, even with bad aerodynamics the bike has the advantage at that speed.

I dug up an article that tested the popular 600's from 02-03. Of all 4 bikes, they averaged about 16.5 fseconds from 40-120 MPH.

More like 6-7:1. That's about a 90-95 hp bike and probably weights about 610-620 lbs with rider. (assuming 430 wet, and 180 rider)

So they run high 10's at 125, and take 16.5 sec. to go from 40-120 mph? I think your making my point, the smaller bike's are weaker from a roll. There light weight helps them get off the line fast as ****, but the faster you go the less wieght matters and the more areodynamic's matter.

Quote Originally Posted by racinready300ex
    More like 6-7:1. That's about a 90-95 hp bike and probably weights about 610-620 lbs with rider. (assuming 430 wet, and 180 rider)

So they run high 10's at 125, and take 16.5 sec. to go from 40-120 mph? I think your making my point, the smaller bike's are weaker from a roll. There light weight helps them get off the line fast as ****, but the faster you go the less wieght matters and the more areodynamic's matter.
    you are very correct sir, but isn't the coefficient of friction lower on a bike as compared to a car? I was just wondering about that. Someone can answer that one.

schoolloans
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxinfx
    you are very correct sir, but isn't the coefficient of friction lower on a bike as compared to a car? I was just wondering about that. Someone can answer that one.
    Not at all...bikes have horrible aero...as expected...

Typical drag coefficient for a sport bike is what .55-.65 ish...give or take a little depending on the bike.

Compare that to .29-.31 for a good car...you can see how the bike hits the wall...

Typically its about double for a bike what a typical car in the same league is...
    Last edited by schoolloans; 07-05-2006 at 07:29 PM.

http://www.public.asu.edu/~nicolasd/videos/nicvsf4i.wmv 2000 Z28 w/ HCI, gears, and 100 shot vs F4i.

http://www.turbomustangs.com/carsvsbikes/dougvsf4i.wmv 2000 SS, HCI, 175 shot vs F4i. The cars nitrous wasn't hitting properly in 4th.

http://www.turbomustangs.com/carsvsbikes/dougvsf4i.wmv - mods in the beginning

http://www.turbomustangs.com/carsvsb...sfastangaz.wmv - mods in the title.

The F4i in these videos is an 01 and has some crumby slip-on pipe and is geared one tooth down. It only runs 11.9 @ 118 and put down 101rwhp just like all the other modern 600's.

stgII sti.

The bike looked old to me, not like 80's old but maybe mide to late 90's. I am guessing the year cause I don't know about honda bikes but the style and colors looked like something from around that time (purple and green). The bike was screaming when he started to inch by me though so I thought he was on it but maybe not. I own a DRZ400S so I have a general idea of what bikes feel like at higher speeds but I have never ridin a sports bike.
    Last edited by TheReaper; 07-05-2006 at 10:35 PM.
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

heres some info for the people thinking "older" carbed bikes are slow.

hp- 110@12000 rpm
    374 lbs
    tops out at 161
    from bikez.com http://bikez.com/motorcycles/honda_cbr_600_f4_2000.php

best site on the net for bike info btw!

say your sti is making 340 cuz its stage 2. so 340hp and 3000+ lbs vs 110 and 400 lbs wet.

it weighs like 1/8th the weight and only a third the power.

if he was in 6th and hit it, that would totally explain. because 80mph on a bike still leaves lots of room before air resistance takes over air resistance. i had a 2003 sv650s and road witha friend who races 600rr, an older F4, older gsxr, etc. the acceleration is like nothing u will ever feel. any bike just pulls so hard. new 600s like the r6 have 130 hp and run fast 1/4s. long story he prob didnt downshift as far as he could have.

after watching the vids... I gotta give props to the cars. Helluva lot of power. That was an 01 up F4i.... I had an 02 and to be honest... It was dog slow in the upper gears. The 0-100 was fast then after that .... ugghh. Then I got the 954rr. I raced that one a lot and alls I can say is that I will not get a 600 after that... well maybe a 600RR i'll take. If i'm geared wrong on an F4i...... an auto chevy cavalier will eat me. Nice vids by the way

Quote Originally Posted by wrxinfx
    a... well maybe a 600RR i'll take
    600RR and F4i share the same bottom end. The RR just has a different head and transmission.

IMHO the 600's have plenty of power in the range where sane people drive.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast