Drove the new Mustang GT - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Drove the new Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so then why not just go for a camaro? yes, you get the ls2, but a used camaro is cheap ...

so then why not just go for a camaro?

yes, you get the ls2, but a used camaro is cheap and the potential more than makes up for any advantages the gto would have, IMHO.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by friedricer
    so then why not just go for a camaro?

yes, you get the ls2, but a used camaro is cheap and the potential more than makes up for any advantages the gto would have, IMHO.
    Because I don't want a used car.

if it were my project car, sure, but since this will be my primary "get to work" car, I don't want someone else's headaches. I want something new, and under warranty.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg

if it were my project car, sure, but since this will be my primary "get to work" car, I don't want someone else's headaches. I want something new, and under warranty.

touche.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

If I didn't think like you, I would've ended up in a Supra or something lol, but alas having a new car with a warranty is very nice...although I'm not sure if my warranty is still even intact yet lol.
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

So do they still have plastic intake manifolds?
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid-X
    So do they still have plastic intake manifolds?
    most cars do...unless they have forced induction.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

they're not "nearly" the same price as a Mustang GT, they run about $5000 more. that's a good 20% higher. My problems with it:

1) its an import posing as an American muscle car.
    2) bland styling
    3) The GTO attracts boys (same problem as the WRX), the Mustang attracts girls.
    4) looks nothing like the original GTO, yet drives almost exactly like one...in other words, decent for a car that was built 30 years ago, but unacceptable for a car build today.
    5) out of the showroom, they're appear to be set up to run 13's, but only in straight lines...they just don't turn.
    6) the chasis/technology goes all the way back to the Cadillac Catera.
    7) its an otherwise mediocre car with an LS2 motor.
    1. Yes, but that is a good thing for the americans. its the first american car with good fit and finish and a decent looking interior.
    2. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. me, i think that the orange 2006's with the hood scoops look awesome!
    3. Not from my expiriences, girls love my friends GTO, and one of those girls actually convinced her dad to buy one!
    4. A lot of people don't like retro, they like they're styling to go forward, not backwards. ford is gonna be screwed in a couple years because, oops, the retro thing got old. you can't keep reinventing the same design. as for the handling, the car is very refined handles wonderfully and has a better ride than all the impreza i have ridden in. and believe it or not, the thing is pretty good around corners...plus it does some sweet drifting. that's why the world's best drifter (tryes millen) uses a gto in all his competitons.
    5. again, i think they turn great.
    6. that is true, but what is wrong with that?
    7. your summary is just a generalization. they are great cars for the money, and you can't get any other car with 400hp for 30 grand.
    My Car: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT spec. B #371

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345