Drove the new Mustang GT - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Drove the new Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; looks like my schedule moved up. My parents offered to loan me the k I'm going to get for selling ...

looks like my schedule moved up. My parents offered to loan me the $10k I'm going to get for selling my car so I can buy the new one, and pay them back when I sell the WRX, so I don't have to worry about coming up with all that money right away and still get the car.(I think they're just trying to cheer me up because I just broke up with my girlfriend). So...de-modding party is probably 2 weekends from today, then I have to sell the mods (I don't have to sell the car, but I DO need to sell the mods to have enough cash)....I'm guessing in the 30-60 day range.

...i thought the topic was someone's impressions after test-driving a GT?
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...i thought the topic was someone's impressions after test-driving a GT?
    I lost the plot then. I know you have been looking and contemplating a purchase. Hope it works out.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Yeah, I was also not impressed with the GT I drove.

However, as many have said, with a set of springs, full exhaust and tune you can see good power... so perhaps with those mods it would be more enjoyable.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Nothing the aftermarket would not cure.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters
    I lost the plot then. I know you have been looking and contemplating a purchase. Hope it works out.
    so far, its working out! just sold the stage 3 parts that I never installed...and I'm starting in on the stage 2 stuff and other odds and ends. Should see the car in the 30-60 day range.
    go f*** yourself

The new GTs are nice, but I like the new roushes more. They look sick, but are way overpriced.
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid-X
    The new GTs are nice, but I like the new roushes more. They look sick, but are way overpriced.
    yeah, they look nice, but you're paying almost $10k for an appearance package. The Roush Edition doesn't even come with the Roush supercharger for the $10k premium...not even sure if it comes with the Roush suspension.
    go f*** yourself

Hey blarg:

Here are the '07 Mustang updates;

A few changes for 07'

Colors deleted: Screaming Yellow, Legend Lime
    Colors added: Grabber Orange, Alloy Metallic (darker than DSG)

GT App. Pkg
    Chrome tips, hood scoop (not functional), and engine cover

GT/CS Edition
    California Special, different front and rear bumper covers, two toned interior, side scoops, chrome tips

3.31 is now standard axle and 3.55 is optional.

Anyway, that is about it for the differences.

Hey blarg:

Here are the '07 Mustang updates;

A few changes for 07'

Colors deleted: Screaming Yellow, Legend Lime
    Colors added: Grabber Orange, Alloy Metallic (darker than DSG)

GT App. Pkg
    Chrome tips, hood scoop (not functional), and engine cover

GT/CS Edition
    California Special, different front and rear bumper covers, two toned interior, side scoops, chrome tips

3.31 is now standard axle and 3.55 is optional.

Anyway, that is about it for the differences.

yeah that and the ~$1500 price hike.

just checked with my insurance company...its only going to raise my rates by about $20 a month....not bad at all.

I'm looking at leasing vs. buying options right now. Since ultimately, I'd like to get a GT500, leasing for 3 years until I can afford one and banking the $10k I'll get from selling the WRX might not be so bad....I just have a real problem getting into a situation where I KNOW I'm getting screwed...even though I pay less, I lose more. Bleah.

I really want a yellow one, so I'll be looking for an 06 first. Its the color I want, and its about $1500 cheaper. If I can't find a yellow one, I'll just have an 07 ordered from the factory with exactly what I want, and nothing I don't want (since there are no incentives to buy from dealer's stock). Probably that new alloy metallic or black with red interor.

I've already put $1000 aside for the CAI, remap, and short shifter...those will be my ONLY mods.
    go f*** yourself

The nice thing about the new mustang is you can buy a Roush S/C and not void your warrenty..

For $5600.00 thats not that bad..
    http://www.lmperformance.com/6265/73.html
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    The nice thing about the new mustang is you can buy a Roush S/C and not void your warrenty..

For $5600.00 thats not that bad..
    http://www.lmperformance.com/6265/73.html
    actually you DO void the warranty, but Roush covers you under THEIR warranty, which is the same as Ford's.
    go f*** yourself

I've already put $1000 aside for the CAI, remap, and short shifter...those will be my ONLY mods.
    Yeah sure. That's how it all starts. Just kidding by the way.

In regard to a lease, if you were to purchase the car and want to get out of it in 3 years, you would lose just as much. With a lease, you walk into the dealership, hand over your keys and look for another car. I have leased many cars in the past, and it's not a bad option.

If I am not mistaken, the Roush blower is not yet CARB certified. The last time I visted the subject with my brother, Stage 3 Roush's were shipped, sans the blower. Saleen as a twin-screw out. I rode in an '06 auto with 4.10's and a tune, the power was so linear and strong throughout the rev range.

Yeah sure. That's how it all starts. Just kidding by the way.

In regard to a lease, if you were to purchase the car and want to get out of it in 3 years, you would lose just as much. With a lease, you walk into the dealership, hand over your keys and look for another car. I have leased many cars in the past, and it's not a bad option.

If I am not mistaken, the Roush blower is not yet CARB certified. The last time I visted the subject with my brother, Stage 3 Roush's were shipped, sans the blower. Saleen as a twin-screw out. I rode in an '06 auto with 4.10's and a tune, the power was so linear and strong throughout the rev range.
    I haven't ridden in one, but i've seen dyno plots and they look fantastic. I believe the Vortec supercharger/intercooler IS CARB certified and 50-state legal.

I've heard horror stories about fees you end up having to pay to get in and out of a lease...that's why I'm scared. I've also heard that when you lease, the dealer will not negotiate selling price with you, so you end up paying for depreciation based on MSRP, and you can also get screwed on the "money factor" which they use instead of interest to confuse the issue...

I was also considering several options like leasing from a lease company rather than the dealer, and (I don't know if this is even possible) taking the money I would have spent on the downpayment, and just paying for the whole lease upfront and having no monthly payments for the next 3 years if that saves me any money.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Cheap? The Impreza interior sceams cheap.
    Really? I like the WRX interior. Doesn't seem at all cheap in my opinion. Much nicer than any of my previous cars. On par, if not better than my old Camry.

The GT's are nice looking outside, but I'm not a big fan of the interior. Seems like they tried too hard to be retro, and it came off as just looking kinda bad. Really don't like the gauges.

You don't intend to do any exhaust work?

Does that do much for the new stangs? I know with most of the previous generations doing a headers, xpipe/hpipe, catback make some pretty decent power. However, that would be expensive, especially the headers.

The stock stang exhaust is nothing to write home about though... so I would def. add a catback to that just for the pure sex sounds that is associated with a Mustang.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.