Drove the new Mustang GT - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Drove the new Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dcpatters Oh, I understand now. If I had to choose between the Domestic's though, I would say ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters
    Oh, I understand now. If I had to choose between the Domestic's though, I would say Ford has the edge. No matter what GM I have been in, I know it's GM, same for Chrysler.
    Agreed. I grew up with a decided GM bias, but Ford has simply been building the better car for some time IMO.

Domestics? Your location says the UK.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Agreed. I grew up with a decided GM bias, but Ford has simply been building the better car for some time IMO.

Domestics? Your location says the UK.
    Yeah, I have been living here for almost 2 years. My home is the US. It's nice to see the occasional Vette, Mustang, and Camaro around, rare over here. I damn near sh1t myself when I saw an 06 Saleen last week. Man did it stand out.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I have been living here for almost 2 years. My home is the US. It's nice to see the occasional Vette, Mustang, and Camaro around, rare over here. I damn near sh1t myself when I saw an 06 Saleen last week. Man did it stand out.
    So you are from here? How was it getting used to driving on the other side of the road? It seems like someone from the US would have a natural tendency to drive on the right.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    Mods & Pics

American cars are lagged a bit behind others when it comes on interiors and ergonomics. I've also noticed that in the last few years, a lot of auto manufacturers are getting away from the wrap-around figher-plane type interiors and back to the roomy old-school straight dash.

Honestly, I was never really impressed with the WRX interior...it was nice, its well layed out, but the materials are cheap. I really don't mind the New Mustang interior. I also like how if you crank the seat all the way up, you can see over the edge of the hood and know where your car ends. One of the things I really hate about Corvettes/Camaros and even the new Chrysler 300's, is that the windows/seating position are arranged in a way that makes you GUESS where your car ends.

The upgraded interior in the Mustangs is a HUGE improvement over the standard plastic, but there are a few things I sitll don't like....for example, why does the E-brake lever have to be on the driver's side of the gear shift? and why does it have to be in the way when its up?

I think Infiniti Lexus and BMW do great interiors, but I'm just not a fan of the cars.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    One of the things I really hate about Corvettes/Camaros and even the new Chrysler 300's, is that the windows/seating position are arranged in a way that makes you GUESS where your car ends.

The upgraded interior in the Mustangs is a HUGE improvement over the standard plastic
    I had a Z-28 a few years ago, what a pain in the arse it was to pull into the garage. I finally hung a index line / ball from the celing because I could never tell how far up to pull in. Aside from the Mustang's upgraded interior, the insulation is much better too. Road and wind noise have greatly improved (decreased). Oh, and the sound of the 3 valve head V8 is superb.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I also like how if you crank the seat all the way up, you can see over the edge of the hood and know where your car ends. One of the things I really hate about Corvettes/Camaros and even the new Chrysler 300's, is that the windows/seating position are arranged in a way that makes you GUESS where your car ends.
    We've been shopping around for a new car for my grandma, and she's probably going to end up with an '06 civic (coupe or sedan). The only real issue that we are worried about with it is that you do have to guess w/ the front end b/c is slopes so much, but I guess after enough time it shouldn't be an issue.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I Support ClubWRX
    The visibility out of the WRX was a big factor in my getting one. I looked at a 350Z before the WRX - absolutely awful visibility, especially to the rear.
    Mods & Pics

I had a Z-28 a few years ago, what a pain in the arse it was to pull into the garage. I finally hung a index line / ball from the celing because I could never tell how far up to pull in. Aside from the Mustang's upgraded interior, the insulation is much better too. Road and wind noise have greatly improved (decreased). Oh, and the sound of the 3 valve head V8 is superb.
    My buddy and I rented a Camaro to drive to Vegas. When I parked at his place to load up, I tapped the back of his RX-7, and because the nose comes to a point, it left a mark that had to be fixed at the body shop. We were both REALL pissed...I just don't understand why they keep making cars like that.

The father of my old girlfriend had an old 1983 Vette, he wanted to let me drive it, and I was so scared I'd hit something, I made him park and pull out because I did NOT want to put a scratch on his car.
    go f*** yourself

So you are from here? How was it getting used to driving on the other side of the road? It seems like someone from the US would have a natural tendency to drive on the right.
    Yes, I am from Miami, Fl. I found it more difficult driving a right-hand drive car then a lef-hand drive car over here. Just feels odd shifting with the left and steering with the right. Although I am, what we would consider, driving on the wrong side of the road here. It can be a hassle when pulling into a drive-thru or worse, a parking garage. If none one is with me, I have to get out, grab the ticket, and get back in the car.

It gets interesting when I visit the US. I think I need to be on the other side of the road (wrong side).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    We've been shopping around for a new car for my grandma, and she's probably going to end up with an '06 civic (coupe or sedan). The only real issue that we are worried about with it is that you do have to guess w/ the front end b/c is slopes so much, but I guess after enough time it shouldn't be an issue.
    I just saw a coupe earlier today - it is a great looking car. I know what you mean by slope ... a friend of mine had an RSX-S. As tall as I am (barely fit into the car) I could see nothing past the windshield wipers. That was a bit unnerving.
    Mods & Pics

I suppose one of the better cars to pull up in would be a 911. Those were a no-brainer to park.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, I am from Miami, Fl. I found it more difficult driving a right-hand drive car then a lef-hand drive car over here. Just feels odd shifting with the left and steering with the right. Although I am, what we would consider, driving on the wrong side of the road here. It can be a hassle when pulling into a drive-thru or worse, a parking garage. If none one is with me, I have to get out, grab the ticket, and get back in the car.

It gets interesting when I visit the US. I think I need to be on the other side of the road (wrong side).
    Way off topic (sorry)

20 years ago I worked for the US Mail for one summer as a letter carrier. Driving a right hand drive vehicle was really weird at first. I had to take a special driving test - one of the obstacles was a serpentine steering test, in reverse using only the rear view mirrors. I screwed the pooch on the first run, but nailed it the second time.

Going back and forth from left to right during the day felt really odd.
    Mods & Pics

I screwed the pooch
    sig'd

j/k
    go f*** yourself

Way off topic (sorry)

Going back and forth from left to right during the day felt really odd.
    That would be tough. Ok, back on topic, blarg; when are you getting your new GT.

I Support ClubWRX
    sig'd

j/k
    I would not mind ... I have only been sig'd a few times.
    Mods & Pics

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast