New Freaking Flash: Your Grand Am GT is NOT a Sports Car. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on New Freaking Flash: Your Grand Am GT is NOT a Sports Car. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My woman has a GAGT with the SC/T apparence package (The new non-functional hood with scoops and the new spoiler). ...

My woman has a GAGT with the SC/T apparence package (The new non-functional hood with scoops and the new spoiler). But she has all the goodies (remote start[which I will never be able to get with the manual], custom leather seats, amp/sub, and she even has her mirrors painted to match the body color which they stopped in 03). Its a real nice ride and probably more comfortable for the long haul. my $.02
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Actually MoP has a point, I'm surprised to see so many guys pop up that drive other cars (Acura, Prelude, Vette, etc.). Haven't really seen this on other boards before.

T.

OMG! Eat something! A doughnut, a cupcake, sheesh!

ROFL
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

I Support ClubWRX
    Actually I way 192lbs. I way almost 200lbs on my 'fat days'

2010 SSM STI

I buy "other" cars because I work for the automobile industry and my dad retired from GM.... and my wifes dad retired from Chrysler, and as such get a bunch of discounts on different manufacturers.

ie- Chevrolet, Pontiac, Olds, Buick, Cadi, Hummer, GMC, Saab, Saturn, Ford, Mazda, Dodge, Chrysler, etc etc... I cant think of them all!

Anyway... for example, the retail for my '00 Grand Am GT was $23,500... it was fully loaded (minus engine block heater) and was a special order... I got it for $19,500... financed $18,000 @ 2.9%. Pretty good deal... I could have got a GTP that retailed for 27 for about 23-24k.... Trans Am @ 32k... for 26-27k.... etc...

I looked into getting a Mustang GT before as well... retail was 24k, I could have got it for 21k....

Now if only GM would buy more into Subaru than they already have and give me a discount... I would be a happy camper!

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

once grand am owner

i used to own a 1999 grand am gt until my dumbass totalled it. the grand am isnt the fastest car but let me tell you that it does have alot of torque from the factory(205lbs). i got the car brand new and never had problems with it and then at about 34,000 miles i bought a pre-production magnuson sc and had 272hp at the flywheel, ill try to find the dyno run and post, well about 2 weeks later i totalled the ****ing car. with the sc and other mods that car hauled ass but the only problem was that with 280lbs of torque the 3400 tranny wouldnt hold for long but man it was fast. i was smoking gtp and gtxs left and right till that horrible night. anyways i love the wrx but damn its allittle small compared to the grand am. me and my friend were able to get the sc out and sold it to some guy in new york and i think hes running high 13s. so with supercharger cars pretty quick but must know how to launch it just right(extreme wheel spinning). ill post pics of my car before and after the accident peace out.

Good Job. Its very enjoyable showing up worthless cars that should never have been created.

last encounter With gtp 03 me 13.77 him 14.22. 14.22 w/ les than 1000 miles on it already modded he says the new ones are to heavy. his older one runs low 13s .

My big beef with the grandam is this. Its a freaking automatic(they now offer tiptronic) its gay. Give the world a MT none of this auto crap.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

I have drivin both the wrx and GTP. The GTP does freakin move and would keep up with a wrx imho from a roll or be very close as long as some good tires were on it.

GTP = Get's tha *****.

Right

Originally posted by Knertified
    I have drivin both the wrx and GTP. The GTP does freakin move and would keep up with a wrx imho from a roll or be very close as long as some good tires were on it.
    I'd just like to point out that the shear mass of the GTP is why I'd never own one. I like going around corners too much.

-Jim

You are completely right PP, there are many things that I love about my GTP, but one reason why I wouldn't buy another one is that it feels like a tank going round the corners. But hey, the torque is awesome along with the ammenties it has.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

Oh yeah. It's a sweet straight line cruiser. I was pretty impressed when I rode in one.

-Jim

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234