New Freaking Flash: Your Grand Am GT is NOT a Sports Car. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Freaking Flash: Your Grand Am GT is NOT a Sports Car. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; but hey i'm just a troll.......

but hey i'm just a troll....
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Fully loaded w/Appreance Package.
    Wizaired CAI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by Master Of Pain
    Who DOSEN'T troll these boards!

Speak ill of a Pinto and you will have 10 of them on here a-*****en.
    easy
    Totally stock...yep uh huh :P

Caaaaaalm down, Boys and Girls!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

I'm calm, guys i'm sorry I went against the Rex....I will just take my mullet and go crawl back in my double wide....
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Wizaired CAI

Well, here's a newsflash. Me and my friend were cruising in his mom's GTP and we took a stock wrx at a light. He didnt know how to drive, but believe it or not, the GTP does have nice torque. We did race until 70. It's a drivers race really. Anyways, just thought I'd chime in. BTW, I have a WRX too so uh yeah.

Sorry Scooby, sorry Gator...at least about the troll stuff. I gotta quit surfing when I'm drinking. That wasn't KJ talking, that was Jack Daniels...

Anyway, what I was getting at in my rant there was that I seriously doubt a GTP would beat a Rexxie stock for stock. Unless the Rexxie driver sucked or was asleep. Drivers being equal, the Rexxie wins that one. Not that much skill in any way is involved in the race from a roll scenario. Not that I want to hijack this thread and make it a race from a roll vs. real racing discussion or anything.

Anyway, sorry about the Schwinn thing...I just know a few people with GTP's and I never found them to be fast in any way. Quick for an American mid-size sedan, sure, but not really fast. I am sure there may be some that are (money can do anything), but within the constraints of our stock vs. stock discussion, they are better suited to hunting stock Civic SI's (like there are any of those), or, say, v6 Mustangs or Camaros. Different class...
    I own various Miatas and RX-7's in race trim
    One or two of them actually run now :-)
    Soon to posess a Scooby...

They're pretty torquey. I know a stock GTP can beat a stock WRX. I witnessed it first hand. Anyways, it's all dependent on drivers. I've seen a semi-fast civic hatch beat a supra before. He must have been sleeping or just a really bad driver.

and a stock metro can beat a WRX is the driver misses enough gears though. I looked at getting a GTP, but they only come in auto right.
    -Andrew

LOL. Yes, I think they only come in auto.

The other day i was driving home from work when these two kids in a BMW 330i thought they could hang. By the time i shifted into third i was about 6 or 7 car lengths ahead. He thought he was fast because he had racing stickers and exhaust.

how much HP does a 330i have? I'm not even sure what it looks like is that there 4 door sports coupe thing?
    Purple GS UB, HID Retrofit Conversion |Stock Rims, BF Goodrich G-Force A/T KDWS, ACT 2600, VR4 Fuel Pump (Need someone to Install still) 8mm Spark/NGK plugs | Suspension - Rollhard Performance front strut bar, RMDSM Rear Sway Bar, RRE Rear Strut Bar | Intake - MBC(17psi), 2.5" Dejon UICP, 2.5" Dejon Intake Pipe, BR 16G Outlet Elbow |

Apology accepted KJ, a perfect launch in a Rex will beat a stock GTP anyday. But when you race from a roll you take out the advantage of AWD, as I witnessed first hand. As for saying they don't belong in the same speed class I disagree. They can run 13's all day with minimum investestment. Look at these times with the mods they have,
    http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/qtrmile.asp
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Wizaired CAI

but they only come in auto right
    Yes they only come in auto
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Wizaired CAI

Racing from a roll?

When you guys race from a roll is there a pace car in front of you that pulls into some predetermined pit area? In my mind to race from a roll suggests that one would be racing around some predetermind circuit back to a finish line. Not a straight line race as in drag racing. Maybe I have just been missing this new form of drag racing on TV hmmmm? So how do the GTPs and Grand Ams of the world handle the curves? I see a pontiac piling head long into the outside of the first turn because he thought he could take it like the WRX that just made it before him.

I hate "lets race from a roll". Why not "lets race from a 20 mph roll in reverse" or "Lets race across farmer browns corn field with square tires" or lets race at night with our lights off into oncoming traffic on the interstate! Its just silly.

Now having said that and looking very silly in the process. I hope I have impressed upon someone just how silly the Idea of drag racing from a roll is. The next time you hear it simply agree and suggest doing it on the next curvy dirt road you come to! Don't forget to race to the end of the road.

I would never say to someone we can only race from a roll, it just happens that way sometimes.
    2004 Grand Prix CompG
    Wizaired CAI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.