05' WRX vs 2002 Camaro Z28
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05' WRX vs 2002 Camaro Z28 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My mods: -- IHI VF34 Turbocharger -- STi Pink Injectors -- Walbaro Fuel Pump -- Gruppe-S coated header -- Turbo ...

05' WRX vs 2002 Camaro Z28

My mods:
    -- IHI VF34 Turbocharger
    -- STi Pink Injectors
    -- Walbaro Fuel Pump
    -- Gruppe-S coated header
    -- Turbo XS TMIC
    -- ACT Clutch/Flywheel
    -- Protune 260whp/230tq 91 oct. (mustang dyno)
    -- 3 ppl in my car during this run… he was by himself.

Hah, this is my first encounter with a z28. I was sitting at an red-light black z28 pulls up and leans over..." hey man, you wanna run? your an sti? I smoke stis for lunch and dinner.." I told him nope, just a wrx and then he starts revving. it was on! I setup my launch @ 5500 RPMS, and launched it like no tomorrow, while he was still spinning his tires I had about a 2 car lead and counting up till about 85mph and I shutdown cause there were cars in front of us… He then pulls up… “WTF you got in that thing? Nitrous?” and my friend busted up laughing… We pulled into a parking lot and found out it was a z28, his mods were:

-- RAM air kit?
    -- Pacesetter Header
    -- Magnaflow Catback
    -- 350rwhp/350tq

Anyway my friend with an SS told me the guy probably didn’t know how to drive, and was just tryna put it down for the domestics but it was fun laying the smack down on him and he felt pretty stupid after we smashed his ego.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's sweet, nice job man!
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

prolly used to stepping on it while on a roll on the freeway...

wheelspin = noob
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

sounds like a case of winner by way of launch

Def. sounds like he couldn't drive.

Either way though, you were the better driver today and you won the race.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

awdOWNED!
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

The LS-1's a strong performers. Their MPH in the 1/4 mile is impressive. Just proof the more powerful car doesn't always win.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters
    Just proof the more powerful car doesn't always win.
    or proof that the worse driver doesn't always win
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    or proof that the worse driver doesn't always win
    That too!
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I would of rubbed it in and told him that you werent even a STI... just to make things worrse for him.
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters
    The LS-1's a strong performers. Their MPH in the 1/4 mile is impressive. Just proof the more powerful car doesn't always win.
    Aren't the Z28s the LT1s and didn't the LS1s turn into the SS's? I could be totally wrong.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Aren't the Z28s the LT1s and didn't the LS1s turn into the SS's? I could be totally wrong.
    In summary, the last generation Camaro Z-28 saw the LT-1 from 1993 - 1997, rated @ 275 HP / 325 LB FT.

1998 - 2002 introduced the LS-1, New Roller Cam, different Heads, Intake and so on.. rated @ 305 HP / 345 LB FT.

Both versions offered an SS option, Ram Air hood and exhaust. The LS-1's were much quicker and more reliable than the LT-1's.

Quote Originally Posted by elohdaeh78
    Yeah, you are bit off.

The LT1 were available from 1993 - 1997 for F-Bodys, that includes Z28/SS/Formula/TA/WS6/Firehawk.

The LS1 were in from 1998 - 2002 for F-Bodys, that includes Z28/SS/Formula/TA/WS6/Firehawk.

Also, for LS1, don't take factory rating of 305 bhp to the heart, many have dyno'ed in the ranges of 290 - 320 rwhp (my 2000 SS dyno'ed 315 rwhp). The 305 bhp factory rating was mainly to appease Vette owners, making them think that Vettes have the highest hp car in the GM lineup.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

Quote Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
    Yeah, you are bit off.

The LT1 were available from 1993 - 1997 for F-Bodys, that includes Z28/SS/Formula/TA/WS6/Firehawk.

The LS1 were in from 1998 - 2002 for F-Bodys, that includes Z28/SS/Formula/TA/WS6/Firehawk.

Also, for LS1, don't take factory rating of 305 bhp to the heart, many have dyno'ed in the ranges of 290 - 320 rwhp (my 2000 SS dyno'ed 315 rwhp). The 305 bhp factory rating was mainly to appease Vette owners, making them think that Vettes have the highest hp car in the GM lineup.
    Absolutely, the LS-1's turned the dyno's close to their factory HP claims. It's ashame they stopped making them. I thought they were great cars.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Well of course your going to beat him way bad with AWD especially with him spinning his wheels like that, most RWD people can't race because they all just spins rubber and by that time the other car is gone. (not saying there isn't any but most of them are like that)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast