04 WRX vs Mustang GT?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs Mustang GT? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im thinking about getting an 04-05 WRX here soon will this gen rex beat most GT stangs? Because I really ...

04 WRX vs Mustang GT?

Im thinking about getting an 04-05 WRX here soon will this gen rex beat most GT stangs? Because I really hate them...anyone raced them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rpence99
    Im thinking about getting an 04-05 WRX here soon will this gen rex beat most GT stangs?
    no.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

will hang with one.

it also depends on the drivers

Quote Originally Posted by long5152
    it also depends on the drivers
    you can say that about ANY car.

with drivers of equal skill, a GT will smoke you.

2005+ GT - 0-60 5.1 sec, 1/4 - 13.2@99.9

add CAI and ECU re-map: 0-60 ~4.7 sec, 1/4 - ~12.9@104 (depends on brand).

320 lb/ft of torque > WRX
    Last edited by blarg; 06-28-2006 at 10:42 AM.
    go f*** yourself

What about the older gen of GTs you see around that all the high school kids drive that they think are sooo damn fast.

Older GT's are pretty damn slow, like low 15 second cars, but you'd better watch out for the new ones until you at least have a turboback exhaust and engine management.
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

What about the older gen of GTs you see around that all the high school kids drive that they think are sooo damn fast.
    depends on the year, but with equal driver skill, but an older stock GT should beat you by about 1/2 a car length, or you will beat it by 1/2 a car lenght depending on the year. The newer the model, the faster it is....since the 80's they've made improvements on EVERY model year. A large-displacement V8 will ALWAYS own you at the top end. The rear suspension on the older mustangs isn't that great so you'll hook up better, but in the RPM range where your turbo runs out of breath, the GT just gains more and more power.

the current-gen mustangs with a CAI and ECU remap are sub-13 second cars. There are also a bunch of supercharger kits that run about $5000 that will put them squarely into the 11's.

if you compare a WRX and a new Mustang, with equal drivers and equal money spent on mods, you just won't keep up.

The WRX is not a drag car. You would own a mustang on dirt, auto-x, and rally-x, but if you go to a drag strip or a track, you're in big displacement motor country.
    Last edited by blarg; 06-28-2006 at 10:55 AM.
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg

add CAI and ECU re-map: 0-60 ~4.7 sec, 1/4 - ~12.9@104 (depends on brand).

blarg definitely knows what he's talking about. Also, throw in a set of 4.10's and it just gets worse. Regardless of what others say, the new GT's and the previous years are stout performers. Years 96 - 98 were a bit underpowered when the 4.6 first went into service. There are a plothera of aftermarket parts as well. But in the end, just accept there is going to be someone faster than you. Get your WRX and enjoy it for the car it is.
    Last edited by dcpatters; 06-28-2006 at 11:29 AM.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Thanks for the info guys, I was really just wondering, now I know those v6 kids out there will be dominated I just wanted to know what it was going to be aganist the v8s with all the trq. I will be putting turbo back and cobb stage 1, will that make much difference aganist the older modles?

Thanks for the info guys, I was really just wondering, now I know those v6 kids out there will be dominated I just wanted to know what it was going to be aganist the v8s with all the trq. I will be putting turbo back and cobb stage 1, will that make much difference aganist the older modles?
    sure...against a stock mustang...but in the 60+ MPH range you will lose. period. Subaru's are sports cars, but they're made for sports where you mostly use the mid-range of the motor. They're best in the 20-60 MPH range.
    go f*** yourself

60+

i dunno i was racing a stang i kept up with him!! could it be because i dumped in 3rd??
    but that could also be the reason for my tranny messing up on my now. i know iknow im not supposed to do that , but when it does go out on me, its an excuse to get a 6sp.

Quote Originally Posted by blarg

add CAI and ECU re-map: 0-60 ~4.7 sec, 1/4 - ~12.9@104 (depends on brand). without breaking your tranny

fixed.
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    I will be putting turbo back and cobb stage 1,
    Wrong map if you have a TBE, btw.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

People are running 13.2's in the 1/4 with a stock GT? Magazines are 13.8's or so ...still a quick time though. i'm guessing drag radials?

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    People are running 13.2's in the 1/4 with a stock GT? Magazines are 13.8's or so ...still a quick time though. i'm guessing drag radials?
    that's the SAE-verified number from Ford on a 100% stock GT. I'm sure they have an excellent driver for the 0-60 tests.
    go f*** yourself

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast