04 WRX vs Mustang GT? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs Mustang GT? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dcpatters I will talk to my brother. He works for Ford. If there are changes, he will ...

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters
    I will talk to my brother. He works for Ford. If there are changes, he will know. He has a '06 Roush and I know for sure they do not have the color instrument lighting because they come equipped with white face guages.
    those are nice!

looks like my new car schedule just moved up. I totally wasn't expecting this but my dad just offered to lend me $10k so I can just go buy the car now, and pay him back when I sell my WRX

it totally came out of left field. Maybe he just feels bad for me because I just dumped my girlfriend and wants me to have a hot chick magnet car.

now I just have to wait for Ford to start offering some incentives that doen't say "Except Mustang GT" in small print.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by turbo_bxr
    people heavily mis-informed me . i hope they burn. now i have a diffrent view on the idiots that (cant) drive them
    They might have been talking about throttle lag, which is present in the drive-by-wire system, (put in by Ford, the numbskulls) to (I guess) increase the lifespan of the engine, since it is harder to go WOT instantly. THAT you have to get a tune to get rid of, (and most tunes reduce/remove it). But since you need to retune with pretty much any mod, it is sorta a moot point, unless you are talking purely stock performance...

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    wait...so they discontinued the color dash, made the 3.55 rear axle EXTRA, raised the price of the IUP, and STILL charge $2000 more for the car? That's just BS. So what color is the dash now?

I don't think they actually improved anything on the car...so maybe I'll have to hope that I can still get a 2006 with all the options I want in November.

-edit-

according to KBB, Intellichioce, and Edmunds, MyColor is still available in 2007...not that its a huge deal.
    Entirely possible you are right, I was operating on barely remembered knowledge. Very likely I am mistaken, (and it won't be the last time!). I mean, I did use the "AFAIK: thingy right???

You want an 06 anyway if you want yellow right? Not to mention getting the 3.55 stock. Plus getting the "I gotta get this 06 off the lot" price...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

those are nice!

looks like my new car schedule just moved up. I totally wasn't expecting this but my dad just offered to lend me $10k so I can just go buy the car now, and pay him back when I sell my WRX

it totally came out of left field. Maybe he just feels bad for me because I just dumped my girlfriend and wants me to have a hot chick magnet car.

now I just have to wait for Ford to start offering some incentives that doen't say "Except Mustang GT" in small print.
    Congratz!

Although, I think it will be a long wait for an incentive on the GT... But, with 10k cash to wave around, I bet you can get someone to deal...
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

those are nice!

Run, don't walk to your nearest Ford Dealer and get your new car. What color?
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    They might have been talking about throttle lag, which is present in the drive-by-wire system, (put in by Ford, the numbskulls) to (I guess) increase the lifespan of the engine, since it is harder to go WOT instantly. THAT you have to get a tune to get rid of, (and most tunes reduce/remove it). But since you need to retune with pretty much any mod, it is sorta a moot point, unless you are talking purely stock performance...
    that might have been what they speak of but that isnt what they explained. which brings up another point.......... DBW

that might have been what they speak of but that isnt what they explained. which brings up another point.......... DBW
    What is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    What is the point?
    is there something to be gained from DBW or is it something the automotive industry did for no reason?

is there something to be gained from DBW or is it something the automotive industry did for no reason?
    I honestly don't know. From a tuning standpoint it is more difficult with all the extra computer stuff you have to do on these cars...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.