04 WRX vs Mustang GT? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs Mustang GT? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by blarg you can say that about ANY car. with drivers of equal skill, a GT will smoke ...

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    you can say that about ANY car.

with drivers of equal skill, a GT will smoke you.

2005+ GT - 0-60 5.1 sec, 1/4 - 13.2@99.9

add CAI and ECU re-map: 0-60 ~4.7 sec, 1/4 - ~12.9@104 (depends on brand).

320 lb/ft of torque > WRX

see... the big problem with your logic is that the VAST majority of gt stangs were produced BEFORE 2005

up untill the late 90's, mustang gt's were lucky to be running high 14's stock.. so yes, an 04 wrx will be faster than the majority of mustang gt's on the road as long as the wrx has a decent driver and it's a manual
    Last edited by $lick Rick; 06-28-2006 at 12:17 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick
    see... the big problem with your logic is that the VAST majority of gt stangs were produced BEFORE 2005

up untill the late 90's, mustang gt's were lucky to be running high 14's stock.. so yes, an 04 wrx will be faster than the majority of mustang gt's on the road as long as the wrx has a decent driver and it's a manual
    I automatically assumed he was talking about the current model. Otherwise he probably would have specified a model year or range of years.

Still not sure I agree with your statement, though. A stockish WRX will have a hard time from a roll when competing against most any V8-powered Mustang, Camaro, etc.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 06-28-2006 at 12:52 PM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

just race one

and dump in 3rd and you will find out what you need to do to your car to make it faster. do about 120-130 kph and dump in 3rd and hope nothing brakes

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I automatically assumed he was talking about the current model. Otherwise he probably would have specified a model year or range of years.

Still not sure I agree with your statement, though. A stockish WRX will have a hard time from a roll when competing against most any V8-powered Mustang, Camaro, etc.
    yeah, its from a roll where a large displacement motor has the biggest advantage. You might get ahead from a dig because of AWD and lighter car, but I'd say from a roll, it would be even at best.

also remember that a lot of those older cars are gonna have mods too...and a GT can take 400-500 WHP on a stock tranny without worrying about breaking.
    Last edited by blarg; 06-28-2006 at 01:17 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

94-98 Mustang GT 5spd = very low 15's @ 91/92mph. A stock wrx will take these easily.

Same gen, but Cobra = high 13's @ 100mph. A stock wrx will lose to these. If you go stage2 (tbe and cobb ap) you can beat them from a dig, and run close from a roll.

99-04 Mustang GT 5spd = low 14's @ 99mph. A stock wrx will get edged out from a dig, and beaten from a roll. With stage2 you will easily win from a dig and beat them from a roll.

05/06 Mustang GT = mid-high 13's @ 100mph. A stock wrx will get taken pretty easily from both dig and roll. Stage2 will be close from both a dig and a roll.

Do not forget that stangs take really well to mods though. You basic intake, header, x/h pipe, ecu and catback will get the 94-98 GT in the mid-lower 14's @ 96, and will get the same gen cobra's into the 12's, will get the 99-04 GT's into the lower 13's and new mustang's into the 12's.

The wrx is not a drag car and does not easily compete with many of the V8's. The stangs are easier to compete with, but do not expect to be regularly beating LS1's (Z28, SS, WS6, etc...) unless you plan to go pretty heavy with mods.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

...and forget about the supercharged 5.4L GT500.
    go f*** yourself

Haha thats a given. My buddy at work is looking into buying one.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WRX88
    Haha thats a given. My buddy at work is looking into buying one.
    Meh, it's quick, but they made it too heavy for my tastes. I suppose I might change my mind if I drove one, but many of the write-ups about it have said that it's a handful in the corners.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Meh, it's quick, but they made it too heavy for my tastes. I suppose I might change my mind if I drove one, but many of the write-ups about it have said that it's a handful in the corners.
    So are Porsches Ferarris and Vipers.
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    ...GT500.
    If I give up STi, that'll be why...
    500hp... mmmmmmmm... yummy
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

before i bought my wrx i had a gsr... but before that i had a gorgeous 95 mustang gt 5spd.
    30k miles, black with black leather, and torque for days.
    stock vs stock the wrx would walk all over that mustang

i do agree that v8 stangs respond very well to mods, and the newer gen mustangs would take a stock wrx in almost any kind of fair-weather race, but when i read his question i assumed that since he didnt specify a generation then he meant that he wanted to know if he was faster than the majority of the overall number of mustang gt's on the road, and to that my answer would still be yes

Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick
    before i bought my wrx i had a gsr... but before that i had a gorgeous 95 mustang gt 5spd.
    30k miles, black with black leather, and torque for days.
    stock vs stock the wrx would walk all over that mustang

i do agree that v8 stangs respond very well to mods, and the newer gen mustangs would take a stock wrx in almost any kind of fair-weather race, but when i read his question i assumed that since he didnt specify a generation then he meant that he wanted to know if he was faster than the majority of the overall number of mustang gt's on the road, and to that my answer would still be yes
    I guess if you're looking at it that way....there's 40 years' worth of Mustangs out there...most of them are not V-8's...in fact most of them are scrap, so yeah, you're right.
    go f*** yourself

I guess if you're looking at it that way....there's 40 years' worth of Mustangs out there...most of them are not V-8's...in fact most of them are scrap, so yeah, you're right.

glad you're seeing it my way

I Support ClubWRX
    So are Porsches Ferarris and Vipers.
    Having driven a late-model 911 through some twisties, I'd have to disagree with that statement. I have heard that the Carrera GT is a beast, but there's no imminent danger of me owning one.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Ford now claims 0-60 in 4.9 sec. for the 2007 GT.
    go f*** yourself

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast