Stage 2 WRX vs. Best Friends 350z Repeatedwhoopin
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stage 2 WRX vs. Best Friends 350z Repeatedwhoopin within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So my best friend has had a 350z for awhile now - its bone stock except for some 265 35 ...

Talking Stage 2 WRX vs. Best Friends 350z Repeatedwhoopin

So my best friend has had a 350z for awhile now - its bone stock except for some 265 35 18 tires he mounted to the factory rims. Last night I dropped him off at his car, and for the first time in awhile, we were running home together in separate cars - (usually one of us drives and the other rides) this was a rare treat to finally see what I've got against him
    We first started playing on the highway while running about 40mph - we were both in 2nd gear and did a 3 horn honk - on the third honk, we both layed into the gas and took off, I immediately started walking him consistently - (my shifts were a lot better than his too).

Next we were running about 65 - 70 mph where he starts to have the aero advantage, I was ready to get walked this time, but suprisingly he pulled for the first two seconds, but then once I got spooled up, i started gaining back on him till about 100, when we decided to call it quits.

Now I knew I would own him from a dig, but was quite impressed to walk him like that at higher speeds. Now, just one last piece: We ran once before starting at 90 mph - about 130, he pulled on me slightly, but now by much - his torque comes in a lot faster than mine -

so: for the record, unless I have some sort of "cherry" car that makes more power than normal, everyone who says you have to have an STI to beat a Z is quite incorrect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 WR Blue WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 - 93 oct
    APS Turboback 3" Single outlet
    Turbo XS Cast Iron Uppipe
    Perrin Rear Sway

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dowright82
    So my best friend has had a 350z for awhile now - its bone stock except for some 265 35 18 tires he mounted to the factory rims. Last night I dropped him off at his car, and for the first time in awhile, we were running home together in separate cars - (usually one of us drives and the other rides) this was a rare treat to finally see what I've got against him
    We first started playing on the highway while running about 40mph - we were both in 2nd gear and did a 3 horn honk - on the third honk, we both layed into the gas and took off, I immediately started walking him consistently - (my shifts were a lot better than his too).

Next we were running about 65 - 70 mph where he starts to have the aero advantage, I was ready to get walked this time, but suprisingly he pulled for the first two seconds, but then once I got spooled up, i started gaining back on him till about 100, when we decided to call it quits.

Now I knew I would own him from a dig, but was quite impressed to walk him like that at higher speeds. Now, just one last piece: We ran once before starting at 90 mph - about 130, he pulled on me slightly, but now by much - his torque comes in a lot faster than mine -

so: for the record, unless I have some sort of "cherry" car that makes more power than normal, everyone who says you have to have an STI to beat a Z is quite incorrect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2004 WR Blue WRX
    Cobb Stage 2 - 93 oct
    APS Turboback 3" Single outlet
    Turbo XS Cast Iron Uppipe
    Perrin Rear Sway
    I have a stock 2005 350Z (on the stock 17's with OEM tires) and my Stage II WRX. From driving both I believe that my WRX is faster below 80. Honestly, it's the real world faster car and that's why it's my daily driver. I'm currently waiting for Gruppe S to get me my suspension and engine components so I can start the summer upgrades.
    ( vf34/ pinks/ walbro/ tein SS + edfc/ rear sway+endlinks/ boost + egt gauges/perrin pod )

I'm pretty sure that when I'm done the WRX will be faster and better handling than my Z.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

thats how I feel

Looks like you're planning exactly the same upgrades as me, except I already have the swaybar, and honestly, I was gonna get the PERRIN pod, but I think I like this one better:

Can be found @ Subydude.com - good to hear you love your REX.
    SOLD: 2004 WR Blue WRX
    SOLD:2006 WR Blue Wrx - Perrin 25mm Front Sway + 22mm Rear Adjustable Sway and Kartboy Endlinks - Nitto Invo 225/45/17 - Opensource STG One.
    CURRENT: 2006 Legacy GT Limited - STOCK (for now)

dowright82: what pod is that one? what size gauges do you have?
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

the pod

52mm Gauges

see here

like it a lot!!
    SOLD: 2004 WR Blue WRX
    SOLD:2006 WR Blue Wrx - Perrin 25mm Front Sway + 22mm Rear Adjustable Sway and Kartboy Endlinks - Nitto Invo 225/45/17 - Opensource STG One.
    CURRENT: 2006 Legacy GT Limited - STOCK (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by Micah
    ( vf34/ pinks/ walbro/ tein SS + edfc/ rear sway+endlinks/ boost + egt gauges/perrin pod )

I'm pretty sure that when I'm done the WRX will be faster and better handling than my Z.
    No question.. My setup is vf34.pinks.walbro.catless Scoobysport TBE.uppipe all parts uppipe, turbo, TBE are thermaltec wrapped to the axel back. I can pull away from 350Z at 100 mph easily..
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.