04 STi vs The Neighborhood.... ??

This is a discussion on 04 STi vs The Neighborhood.... ?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just recently bought my STi and I haven't yet had a chance to run it against anyone. I know ...

04 STi vs The Neighborhood.... ??

I just recently bought my STi and I haven't yet had a chance to run it against anyone. I know it'll hold it's own against alot out there, but there are a few around here I'm not so sure about....

I've got: Deadbolt vf39, drop in filter, up pipe, down pipe, Turbo XS catless, and a reflash puttin down around 287 at the wheels (so im told), along with a slew of suspension work.

Had an early 90's Mustang 5.0 roll up next to me last night and proceed to burn out for a sec and roll on in front of me and flash his brakes. As much as I could tell he was running exhaust and who knows what else... Outcome?

Had an 04 ish Mustang Cobra teasin me on the highway yesterday and after he passed saw a Pontiac GTO roll by with him. I know these guys are puttin down some serious numbers, but how bad would I get spanked?

The last thing I want is to go up against some guy thinkin I've got him and then get killed. Tell me the cars to stay away from, and I'll be all set
    FLY NAVY

Deadbolt VF39 Ported/Coated:Helix Uppipe:TurboXS TBE + DownPipe:K&N Typhoon
    ACT HD Street Clutch:Lightened Flywheel:'05 Helical Front Diff
    H&R Coilovers:Swaybars:Tiebars:Endlinks:Mounts:Bushing s:Perrin PSRS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MumblinAviator
    Tell me the cars to stay away from, and I'll be all set
    why are you afraid to race and find out? You win, you win, You lose, you lose. Race them and you will be surprised. I ran against a bike on the highway to mess around and he only got me by 1-2 cars. We stopped at 135 mph and he gave me the thumbs up.
    Last edited by scotts05; 06-24-2006 at 03:26 PM.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

dude it's hard to tell with mustangs... some only have exhaust and are no threat, while others will gobble up a quarter mile in like 8 seconds... in reverse.
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

Quote Originally Posted by friedricer
    dude it's hard to tell with mustangs... some only have exhaust and are no threat, while others will gobble up a quarter mile in like 8 seconds... in reverse.
    True... buddy of mine had a 'stang GT that would damn near break your neck from the acceleration whiplash if you weren't paying attention . Looked stock from the outside except for the exhaust... but could easily run low 10s.

He ended up having all kinds of mechanical problems with it and traded it in for a BMW .

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    why are you afraid to race and find out? You win, you win, You lose, you lose. Race them and you will be surprised. I ran against a bike on the highway to mess around and he only got me by 1-2 cars. We stopped at 135 mph and he gave me the thumbs up.
    true, what the use of having the mods if you never use em???? if you lose it only makes you mod more.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Well an 03/04 Cobra will murder you from a roll, unless the dude sucks at driving. The GTO will also if it is the 6.0 L, if it is the 5.7L and unmodded you would most likely take him. Like said before, the 5.0 could be anything from a 15 sec rat to a 10 sec monster. Next time just go for it and either win and be proud or take your beating like a man and add more mods to avoid it next time.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I hear ya... thanks for the input
    FLY NAVY

Deadbolt VF39 Ported/Coated:Helix Uppipe:TurboXS TBE + DownPipe:K&N Typhoon
    ACT HD Street Clutch:Lightened Flywheel:'05 Helical Front Diff
    H&R Coilovers:Swaybars:Tiebars:Endlinks:Mounts:Bushing s:Perrin PSRS

Or race from a dig. with your mods you would take out a stock 04 Cobra or stock GTO. just not from a roll.