06 Stage 2 WRX vs Evo IX - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 Stage 2 WRX vs Evo IX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Ike Considering Evo IXs can trap 105-106 stock and dyno about 30-40whp more than a stage 2'06 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    Considering Evo IXs can trap 105-106 stock and dyno about 30-40whp more than a stage 2'06 would this doesn't seem quite right. Maybe your car is stronger than most or your friend's Evo is weaker than most <shrugs>
    The guy put a blow off valve which hurts performance. BTW if you didn't notice, the Evo9 still won, I too thought the WRX won lol.
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well dang....

I didnt know that about DSM's....interesting

I have a full bolt on 06 with a stage 2 cobb. I ran an 06 MR the other night from a 40. Neither of us brake boosted, and he only pulled me about a car and a half. Once we hit 4th he stopped pulling me and we stuck there. I was impressed, considering I ran an 06 sti 3 times and put about 2 cars on him all 3 times (him brake boosting, me not.), he had a full turboback. I have a vf39 and a boost controller on the way so im excited to see the diff. its going to make.
    Last edited by w00dst0ck; 06-26-2006 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by w00dst0ck
    I have a full bolt on 06 with a stage 2 cobb. I ran an 06 MR the other night from a 40. Neither of us brake boosted, and he only pulled me about a car and a half. Once we hit 4th he stopped pulling me and we stuck there. I was impressed, considering I ran an 06 sti 3 times and put about 2 cars on him all 3 times (him brake boosting, me not.), he had a full turboback. I have a vf39 and a boost controller on the way so im excited to see the diff. its going to make.

But yea those Mrs are quicccck.
    You have an 06 WRX with Stage 2 or an STi? Nice death though, but MR or not, the 06 Evo's pull the same. MR's aren't any more powerful than the regular counterparts.
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

Doesn't the MR have a 6 speed? Wouldn't that help with acceleration?

Quote Originally Posted by BoostJunkie21
    Very true, but Evo's aren't DSM's.
    Very true, but the 4G63(T) engines are the SAME Mitsubishi engines that went in those DSM Eclipses and Talons back in the 90s. They may have come a little ways with that engine since then, and I have never doubted the capability of the Evo, but it's still a Mitsubishi.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Ike
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    Very true, but the 4G63(T) engines are the SAME Mitsubishi engines that went in those DSM Eclipses and Talons back in the 90s. They may have come a little ways with that engine since then, and I have never doubted the capability of the Evo, but it's still a Mitsubishi.
    The problems with those engines was due to a manufacturers defent in the cranks of the 2G Eclipses, most of the other stuff was typical American car issues. Even though the engines are similar, to compare the reliability of the DSM to the Evo 10 years later is silly.

Edit: Not quite sure if that's what the poster was getting at, if I'm being defensive for no reason then ignore me
    Last edited by Ike; 06-26-2006 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    The problems with those engines was due to a manufacturers defent in the cranks of the 2G Eclipses, most of the other stuff was typical American car issues. Even though the engines are similar, to compare the reliability of the DSM to the Evo 10 years later is silly.

Edit: Not quite sure if that's what the poster was getting at, if I'm being defensive for no reason then ignore me
    yeah when people talk about the "nightmare 7 bolt crank walks" etc. or how unreliable those things are etc. Keep in mind we're tlaking about FIFTEEN YEAR OLD cars. Wait until it's 2017, somebody buys an 02 WRX with 90k on it, puts a 16g and 20psi to it and tell me if it leaks and blows up eventually. And hell, a buddy of mine ran an 11.9@120mph in one of those stock 7 bolts/stock transmission.
    07 Mercedes-Benz E350
    Saks Fifth Ave Edition

04 WRX VF34+TMIC SOLD
    12.62@108 1.7 60'
    295whp & 302tq on Mustang Dyno
    MODS

Quote Originally Posted by WRX88
    Doesn't the MR have a 6 speed? Wouldn't that help with acceleration?
    Not really since the first 4 gears of the MR and regular Evo9 are identical. It was quite a difference in the 05's though, but that 6spd is best suited for road racing and more friendly on the highway as you won't be in high rpm's all the time in top gear. At 65mph in 5th gear, I'm already at 3k rpms.

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    LOL, thats the one thing you always keep coming back to and referring reliability with DSM's. I'm telling you, the Evo is worlds ahead regarding reliability even when speaking about simple bolt ons, but I'm not going to try convince you of that since its already apparent your closed minded. Enjoy your Subaru and my tail lights.

Just a quick question for you BoostJunkie21. You may or may not know, but I see a lot of Evolutions here in the UK, 300's, 340's, and a two FQ-400's. Do these designations indicate horsepower ratings? The FQ-400 is truly amazing.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters
    Just a quick question for you BoostJunkie21. You may or may not know, but I see a lot of Evolutions here in the UK, 300's, 340's, and a two FQ-400's. Do these designations indicate horsepower ratings? The FQ-400 is truly amazing.
    Yes. I wish we had those in the states.

If I could only trade in my vehicle. I am afraid left hand drive cars are not too desirable here.

However, lets say I did get one, would an FQ-400 be worth anything if I brought it back with me to the US?
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpatters
    If I could only trade in my vehicle. I am afraid left hand drive cars are not too desirable here.

However, lets say I did get one, would an FQ-400 be worth anything if I brought it back with me?
    Not really sure about that, sorry.

I went to test drive an evo last summer and something broke while the sales guy was driving me to a parking lot (I just learned how to drive stick earlier that week). Not sure what blew but there was smoke coming out of the exhaust and the car was buckin like crazy and wouldn't get out of first. Another car had to come pick us up. Wasn't a good first impression. Later in the summer, i come to find that the kid i raced (see original post) bought that exact evo(it as an VIII). Two days later, he and his lawyer head down to the dealership and walk away with an evo IX. Just thought I'd share my $.02

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast