The 34 WRX against 05 Evo VIII
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The 34 WRX against 05 Evo VIII within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I met this really cool kid at a local car show and we hung out down there for a while, ...

The 34 WRX against 05 Evo VIII

I met this really cool kid at a local car show and we hung out down there for a while, he drives a white 2005 Evo VIII, when we were leaving he asked if I wanted to give it some friendly runs and I obliged. We first went from a 2nd gear roll, and I pulled about a car, we then went on the interstate and did a high 3rd gear run, this is where I thought he would get me, but I actually pulled more from the 3rd gear roll. He had an intake, AMS intercooler and piping, and a fuel controller, I have a tuned Cobb 2.5.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill!

Do you know if he was running stock boost levels? With those mods, most Evo owners add a MBC. Also, any idea if he had any exhaust mods - dp, cbe?
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

Quote Originally Posted by Chiketkd
    Nice kill!

Do you know if he was running stock boost levels? With those mods, most Evo owners add a MBC. Also, any idea if he had any exhaust mods - dp, cbe?
    He didnt have a MBC, and he had a full 3" turboback. He said he needed a MBC because he was overboosting.

how is a stock evo overboosting? unless his wastegate is shot already.

anyways nice kill
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

Quote Originally Posted by Novtec1
    how is a stock evo overboosting? unless his wastegate is shot already.

anyways nice kill
    He had the AMS front mount, piping, intake, 3"tbe, and a fuel controller. Where did you get that he was stock?

sorry... but still who does all that to a evo and runs stock boost? oh well...
    03 SY WRX (daily)

All those mods without a MBC or a tune...how pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if he only was just a bit faster than stock lol. Nice kill though, as there are some owners who just don't have a clue on how to mod a car properly and can easily overcome.
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by BoostJunkie21
    All those mods without a MBC or a tune...how pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if he only was just a bit faster than stock lol. Nice kill though, as there are some owners who just don't have a clue on how to mod a car properly and can easily overcome.
    ^^^^^ aint that the truth.
    03 SY WRX (daily)

You said you have tuned Cobb stage 2.5. Please list your mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Novtec1
    ^^^^^ aint that the truth.
    Yeah lol, a bit off topic, but I am curious how you are liking that Walbro? Debating on getting one for my IX and getting it retuned with it and a full exhaust. Heard it can be whiny, but its normal right?
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX
    You said you have tuned Cobb stage 2.5. Please list your mod?
    Vf34, Walbro 255, STi 565cc, invidia up/dp, SPT cb,Cobb AP, Street tuner, thats it engine wise. As for him not getting tuned, there is NOWHERE to get a tune done on a AWD car here, so hes waiting to get something lined up in the lines of going a few hundred miles to get tuned.

Yeah lol, a bit off topic, but I am curious how you are liking that Walbro? Debating on getting one for my IX and getting it retuned with it and a full exhaust. Heard it can be whiny, but its normal right?
    walbro pump is good

loud, but i like the sound.

also, my friend has an evo IX. his mods are BR fmic, lower intercooler pipe, BR ported and coated manifold, megan o2 housing, 3 inch high flow cat, and n1 titanium catback

still has the stock downpipe and no tune or mbc, lol

in his defense all the downpipes he wants are backordered, and we fail to see the point in a MBC when there is no tune for it.
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Antyoo
    walbro pump is good

loud, but i like the sound.

also, my friend has an evo IX. his mods are BR fmic, lower intercooler pipe, BR ported and coated manifold, megan o2 housing, 3 inch high flow cat, and n1 titanium catback

still has the stock downpipe and no tune or mbc, lol

in his defense all the downpipes he wants are backordered, and we fail to see the point in a MBC when there is no tune for it.
    Thanks.

You don't need a tune for an MBC and its well enough to have one not to run stock boost as that sucks. So I really hope that when he gets a downpipe, he would get an MBC to yield some good gains (turboback + mbc = 300whp on the IX), and once he gets a tune, watch out!

Thanks.

You don't need a tune for an MBC and its well enough to have one not to run stock boost as that sucks. So I really hope that when he gets a downpipe, he would get an MBC to yield some good gains (turboback + mbc = 300whp on the IX), and once he gets a tune, watch out!
    yea, i know all about the power IX's can make, but we would rather be safe than sorry and wait on a MBC till we get a flash for it

and i dont have to watch out, 2-3 weeks till gt35r

as it was with my utec setup my car was dead even with his, and i still have the stock turbo. my car got faster with the AEM EMS, better boost control and smoother operation ala speed density
    Anthony

mine just started whining, but im used to it. had a eagle talon and had one in there to. its just a walbro, its gonna whine.

yea, theres no tune for a MBC, unless you like running stock boost and watchin it fall off up top on a VIII or a IX a mbc is a damn good mod.
    Last edited by Novtec1; 06-19-2006 at 07:24 AM.
    03 SY WRX (daily)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.