'03 WRX vs. '06 Honda Si
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on '03 WRX vs. '06 Honda Si within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have been having a nice debate with some ric... er... I mean Honda Si owners in 8thcivic.com. Haha... One ...

'03 WRX vs. '06 Honda Si

I have been having a nice debate with some ric... er... I mean Honda Si owners in 8thcivic.com. Haha... One kid says he can take a WRX in the twisties ... any opinions... pretty much a stock WRX with an catback vs. a stock Si. Let me know what you guys think...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ret030
    I have been having a nice debate with some ric... er... I mean Honda Si owners in 8thcivic.com. Haha... One kid says he can take a WRX in the twisties ... any opinions... pretty much a stock WRX with an catback vs. a stock Si. Let me know what you guys think...
    He quite possibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He quite possibly can.
    +1 Don't under-estimate the new Civic SI in the handling department. Even in straight line acceleration, they could probably give a stock 2.0L WRX a good run for their money. The new SI's trap 95mph in the 1/4 mile and can run 14.8 with a good driver on the factory tires. Put larger and stickier rubber on there and they would be even faster!
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

how about compared to a stage 2 2003 WRX with eibach pro kit and perrin rear sway bar/adjustable endlinks? vs SI in twisties of course....would like to know in case I run into one on the dragon.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    how about compared to a stage 2 2003 WRX with eibach pro kit and perrin rear sway bar/adjustable endlinks? vs SI in twisties of course....would like to know in case I run into one on the dragon.
    LOL! The SI would make a good snack and then you could go Evo hunting!
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

i run most of the dragon in 2nd gear...there are only a couple of places where I can have enough room to wind it out and move to 3rd.

STi's do a lot of 2nd/3rd shifting. I can outrun one usually with an average driver in it just because of the shifting part i think. I was able to outrun one in the dragon a couple of weeks ago
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Depends on what kind of "twisties" really. The longer suspension travel that a WRX has will IMHO help if the road is descending or graduating or there are bumps. Through a real tight course though, I think an SI might be enough to take a stock tired WRX.
    04 Silver STi M6

Quote Originally Posted by Chiketkd
    LOL! The SI would make a good snack and then you could go Evo hunting!
    just make sure you go hunting with the right equipment. as for the SI is a nice car but in a different class than the WRX.
    08 Audi RS4 (the retirement car)
    03 SY WRX (daily)
    07 Forester XT (wifes ride
    07 GSX-R 1000 (when cars get boring)

given equal drivers, he will DESTROY you.

A stock suspension 02-05 wrx has absolutely nothing on a new civic si. I am running full suspension (struts, springs, sway bars) and had trouble keeping up with one that was only running springs

The car is just too nimble and operates with an excellent LSD system which allows it to accelerate rather well out of corners. Car and driver said it was the least FWD car they had ever driven that was actually FWD.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    given equal drivers, he will DESTROY you.

A stock suspension 02-05 wrx has absolutely nothing on a new civic si. I am running full suspension (struts, springs, sway bars) and had trouble keeping up with one that was only running springs

The car is just too nimble and operates with an excellent LSD system which allows it to accelerate rather well out of corners. Car and driver said it was the least FWD car they had ever driven that was actually FWD.
    I want to go and test drive an '06 si to see how it stacks up against my Mazdaspeed Protege. I'd expect similar characteristics, MSP suspension being a little more radical.

The si is definitely a car I'd look at if I was back in that market. I'm liking the nimble attitude, the rev happy motor and the Honda Reliability...

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    I want to go and test drive an '06 si to see how it stacks up against my Mazdaspeed Protege. I'd expect similar characteristics, MSP suspension being a little more radical.

The si is definitely a car I'd look at if I was back in that market. I'm liking the nimble attitude, the rev happy motor and the Honda Reliability...
    I was blown away at how good the handling is for FWD and this is just by riding in one and racing one around the twisties. A stock si pulls .94/.95 on the skidpad, which is pretty amazing for stock. Hell, a wrx struggles to get a .86 and the si skidpad numbers are sti/evo territory.

I have driven an MSP and that was very nice. I think the MSP is just as nimble, but I would venture to say the si has better cornering and grip.

Go test one out though and let us know what you think. 2 of the best FWD handling cars.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I was blown away at how good the handling is for FWD and this is just by riding in one and racing one around the twisties. A stock si pulls .94/.95 on the skidpad, which is pretty amazing for stock. Hell, a wrx struggles to get a .86 and the si skidpad numbers are sti/evo territory.
    Doesn't skidpad numbers have a lot to do with what kind of tires the car is running? I know the WRX has all seasons while the SI has the option for some soft compound summer tires.
    04 Silver STi M6

Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    Depends on what kind of "twisties" really. The longer suspension travel that a WRX has will IMHO help if the road is descending or graduating or there are bumps. Through a real tight course though, I think an SI might be enough to take a stock tired WRX.
    Ya hes right. what if its a tarmac or gravel stage.
    O2 WRBlue

(( MODs + Pics ))

Every SI I have seen locally has summer tires (looked at the Honda dealership) Every wrx has mud and snow rated tires. If you put stickys on a wrx it would be a drivers race with the edge going to the SI. With springs and tires a wrx would beat an SI except in maybe the tightest turns.

Stock to stock, the SI would definitly win.
    stupidman has spoken

A stock si pulls .94/.95 on the skidpad, which is pretty amazing for stock. Hell, a wrx struggles to get a .86 and the si skidpad numbers are sti/evo territory.
    I'm really liking the new Si but skid pad numbers don't tell you crap about the handling. I'd be much more interested in slalom numbers and lap times than 200-300ft skidpad numbers. Going by one magazines skidpad numbers you could draw the conclusion that the Si handles better than a STi or Evo, and we all know that's not even close to true. The Si is definitely a great handling FWD car though; it's about time Honda put an LSD upfront.
    2005 Aspen White STi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast