First SRT-4 experiance.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on First SRT-4 experiance. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today was my first encounter with the fastar. Mr. Dodge got behind me at a light and was nice enough ...

I Support ClubWRX

First SRT-4 experiance.

Today was my first encounter with the fastar. Mr. Dodge got behind me at a light and was nice enough to let me hear his uncatted and back firing exhaust. No problems as I dont mind being revved and it didnt sound half bad. The light goes green and I take off like normal (Pay attention to this tid bit).

He takes off behind me, and I assume he thought I was going to launch, but I didnt. I casual go into 3 and give it some gas (Probaly went 10 over speed limit if that) but none the less pulled away (This was by no means a race but I got some distance on him).

We then get caught at another light but I have another car next to me and the neon behind him. I think at this point the other car knew what was going on (The SRT was still gassing it up at me and letting me hear all the power unleashed under the hood). I again leave casual and get up to speed. I get into third and by this time the SRT is beside me and he takes off rather quickly toward the next red light. I didnt pursue and just casual came up to the next light.

He was stopped at the light and it turned green so I rolled through in second gear. I got up to normal speed for the road and shifted into 5th gear. He stayed nose to nose with me the whole time (I assume waiting for me to take off). I did my normal driving and just dealt with the uncatted dual monsters and bov music for a bit. We then come to a 2 lane 4 way stop.

I look over at him and say something to the effect of "I cant race you my car is to slow". He asked "what's wrong with it". At this point I wish I was more sarcastic on the fly as I would have said "It's only a subaru" or "It has 4 doors it's not a race car". I replied to his question "I'm not sure what's wrong". I told him I'm not much on racing anyway and said see you later and again casual drove off. I shifted into second just in time to see him leave the line and take off rather quickly. I got up to speed limit and he was pretty much out of sight around a turn.

I didnt mind the cat and mouse games, but I got the impression that he wasnt a car enthusiast but rather a pro drag racer. The dodge sounded like he had some basic mods and it did take off rather quickly. I'm not sure how the wrx would have stacked up since I refuse to launch my car, but judging by the way he was taking off I think I might have been able to hold a car lentgh most of the race.

This is the first time I've ever encountered a "semi equal" car in the wrx so I figured I'd write about it. The dodge owner was cool when I spoke to him and he appeared to have a fast ride. If I had this car about 2 years ago all bets would have been off, but I have a much higher appreciation for it.

I think from now on I'm just going to start telling people like this at lights that "I only race in the snow sorry" and leave it be. I do like to have fun in my car and I drive it faster then most mini vans, but I'm not into beating on it for the sake of winning a race. I enjoy just driving my car around like a grandma just as much as I do full boost in 3rd gear. Either one brings a smile to my face. And being this is the first time in over 2 weeks I've gotten to drive the car it was even better.

Sorry for the long rant.......but what else is off topic for?

Cliffnotes: Got lined up next to a srt-4 several times. I took off and the car seemed really fast. The slow wrx was no match for the fastar and I didnt even attempt to race him. SRT-4 seemed like it would have put atleast a length on me without a launching, but it wasnt the place or time to see. My new saying for anyone who wants to race on the street is going to be "Sorry I only race in the snow".
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice death !

At least the dude wasn't a total jerk about you not wanting to race. Big props to you or doing the right thing!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

2005 GTO Yellow Jacket 6 speed
    2005 SRT4 flame red 5 speed
    2006 Subie impreza 2.5i regal blue automatic

race any srt4 with an unskilled driver around corners and you will whoop it......i need motor mounts so god damn bad for it
    2005 GTO Yellow Jacket 6 speed
    2005 SRT4 flame red 5 speed
    2006 Subie impreza 2.5i regal blue automatic

I Support ClubWRX
    There's no point in racing an SRT-4. You will lose to teh fast4r by definition.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speeddemon200
    race any srt4 with an unskilled driver around corners and you will whoop it......i need motor mounts so god damn bad for it
    +70 trillion.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Just jjjcurious... (god damn, my "j" key just actually ****ed up...) What is everybodies gripe with the SRT4? Is it just because its a Dodge? Are the owners you have met ****s? Whats up?
    Phill aka Mosquito

Quote Originally Posted by Honda kid from another board
    Ah VTEC. All the lag, none of the turbo. It's like waiting for bad sex.
    1987 Toyota MR2: Winter project. Body work done! Now its down to replace fuel pump, clutch, front tires, give it a quick paint and its ready for the road again.

1996 Subaru Legacy L: Winter car, thats right... car. Not beater, this car is too nice to be a beater. Only minor upgrades planed.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sometimes though,the WRX just begs to be beat on.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by WRX AutoXer
    Just jjjcurious... (god damn, my "j" key just actually ****ed up...) What is everybodies gripe with the SRT4? Is it just because its a Dodge? Are the owners you have met ****s? Whats up?
    There is nothing wrong with it and I think everyones grip is just that the car is so cheap and so freaking fast. But yeah, a lot of the owners are douche-bags.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+1 ive met a few nice owners tho i think alot of gripe between owners is how it gets compared and the two vehicles realy arent that alike actually both are realy different...it gets realy old when srt-4 owner loves to show off there 40-100 skills but will never race from a dig...

people say the srt and the wrx is the new camaro vs mustang genre but honestly i dont think its compared correctly...evo vs sti...much better rivalry...srt vs cobalt thats a lil more like it

the wrx is a drivers car...the srt is a rocket where one way is the only way

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    There is nothing wrong with it and I think everyones grip is just that the car is so cheap and so freaking fast. But yeah, a lot of the owners are douche-bags.
    Ok I can understand that. I was just curious.
    Phill aka Mosquito

Quote Originally Posted by Honda kid from another board
    Ah VTEC. All the lag, none of the turbo. It's like waiting for bad sex.
    1987 Toyota MR2: Winter project. Body work done! Now its down to replace fuel pump, clutch, front tires, give it a quick paint and its ready for the road again.

1996 Subaru Legacy L: Winter car, thats right... car. Not beater, this car is too nice to be a beater. Only minor upgrades planed.

yup

There are a lot of SRT owners out there who are way to eager to race. I was like that for probably the first 3 months I had the car. It was the first "fast" car I'd owned. I was trying to race 350Zs, WRXs, mustangs, u name it. But i've calmed down now. And it is quite annoying when someone is trying to instigate when u'r not in the mood. I get revved on by stangs n camaros all the time. And because of the car's reputation, i get really random car's trying to get me in the stop light wars: Accord V6s, old turbo volvos, just unassuming characters.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    meh ! my p00ps do corners better than a srturd4

i'm sorry u met one i wouldnt waste my time on entertaining one!
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Eh my friend got a new ACR SRT4 last year, got like 1500 miles on it and then rolled the **** out of it down a canyon. I will say, it is a VERY safe car when tumbling down a canyon 6 times.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I have no problem with cars that are quick and cheap, I highly doubt anyone else does but the fact that theyre cheap makes the easily available to more youngsters who think theyre the the sh!t and eventually ppl like me just want nothing to do with them. (the fact that they were spawned from the all mighty neon doesn't help either )
    - Local Riceist

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.