First SRT-4 experiance. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on First SRT-4 experiance. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; woah a nice srt driver(no offence to the nicer srt drivers). they all try to race in traffic, i just ...

woah a nice srt driver(no offence to the nicer srt drivers).

they all try to race in traffic, i just act like i cant win
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMotor
    Eh my friend got a new ACR SRT4 last year, got like 1500 miles on it and then rolled the **** out of it down a canyon. I will say, it is a VERY safe car when tumbling down a canyon 6 times.
    He fell in the canyon six times?!?!?

j/k

lol ya, once just didn't do it for him - to his credit, the car looked better after the bumps and bruises...more....non-ugly.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    I have no problem with cars that are quick and cheap, I highly doubt anyone else does but the fact that theyre cheap makes the easily available to more youngsters who think theyre the the sh!t and eventually ppl like me just want nothing to do with them. (the fact that they were spawned from the all mighty neon doesn't help either )
    yeah, those SRT-4 are fast, but pound for pound, the WRX is a better car, lasts longer WITH better features, and the WRX holds more potential. The srt4 is made for going fast in a straight line. WRX with AWD can turn, gun out of turns and corners, and on the new ones, like my 06 WRX, come standard with a big brake kit so you can stop, turn, brake, all around better handling from the WRX. I have never driven SRT4, but I have driven the WRX, it it handles great and reminds me everyday why I choose the WRX.

Plus, the WRX comes stock with big brake kit, AWD, better warranty, six disc changer, MOMO steering wheel all standard. The warranty alone and the power train warranty (that covers the turbo as well,) show that not only are the parts disigned better, but the factory is willing to stand behind it. There is a reason Dodge stopped making the SRT4 neon. That plus the great optional extras like those that are found in the limited package, make the WRX a better CAR, part for part, pound for pound. The SRT4 might go faster in a straight line, but it can't brake as well, handle as well, accerlate as well from a dig, is not as comfortable, and the WRX offers more upside in relation to mods and performance, as well as respect. A guy drove a 2005 dodge neon into the race shop I used to goto a few months back, and this is how the two mechanics conversation went as he pulled away from showing them his new ride:
    "That car is pretty fast. It is faster than my civic."
    "yeah, but it is still a neon."

Just my 2 cents, I put my money where my mouth is, and when I bought a new car two weeks ago, I choose a WRX. So far I love it.

Banned
    I used to beat up on them all the time with a mildly modded fwd stock turbo talon. I knew how to launch my fwd though that made the biggest difference. It did run 12.9 in the quarter to. I miss that car for sure. But my wrx wagon is a much better all around car than the talon ever was.

We can't let the new NEON's get the best of us ! I only race up to sixty and let off. Highway I only go up to uh whatever it takes . SRT's are way too rounded, they tend to look a little tonka toy looken, I don't know thats just me.

I broke a swet reading that story,,,,, phew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12