Lamborghini Gallardo vs Stage 2 STi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Lamborghini Gallardo vs Stage 2 STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Padge Ok well in Newark, DE this weekend I had the fortune to run into the local ...

Quote Originally Posted by Padge
    Ok well in Newark, DE this weekend I had the fortune to run into the local Gallardo. This is a beautiful yellow with 20' black rims or so owned by what looks to be a 24 year old kid.
    I don't know if you've seen the black bugeye down at UD, but it has 415whp, and he told me he was looking for a race with the gallardo. There is no doubt in my mind that the bugeye would kill the gallardo. Maybe thats why he didn't want to race; big turbo subarus have been beating up on him.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here's a link to the Car & Driver road test of the Gallardo:

http://www.caranddriver.com/roadtest...-gallardo.html

They saw 0-60mph in 4.1, 1/4 mile 12.4@118mph, top speed 191mph.

At anything less than 120mph, a tuned Evo or STI should be able to compete with a Gallardo relatively well from a dig (Gallardo will have the best advantage from a roll). However, above 120-130mph, I see the higher top end and lower Cd of the Gallardo taking over. Not many STIs or Evos can pull all the way to 180+mph.
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

She knows the sti is fast, but doesnt understand how it can compare to a lambo/ferrari.
    uh, it doesn't
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Sti

I have a new STI,what is the proper way to Break it in?I have ordered a Cobb computer upgrade but I do not know much about mod's to STI. Any Suggestion's?

Banned
    Not to be a d***, but use the search key. There is a lot of banter on break in and this is a very pro-Cobb board, so we have lots of good info.

Quote Originally Posted by annointed
    Based on my experience, you probably would have hung right in with him...I encountered a Gallardo back when I had my blue WRX (18g, dyno'd 326 whp @ 24 psi). The Gallardo was owned by a Philadelphia Philly who takes it to the local drag strip sometimes. I was surprised how well my car hung in there w/him.

I posted about it back then: 18g'd WRX vs. Lamborghini Gallardo...(detonation hampered):(

Encounters like this are unforgettable. The few runs I've had in my WRXs against exotics are among my favorates of all time. Although my NSX is a far, far cry from a Gallardo, now the shoe is somewhat on the other foot, since everyone and their mother tries to race the NSX. I still haven't had to face an STi or an Evo in it, and I don't know if I'd want to mess with them, for that matter Maybe I'll have to tell them to hold on, while I run home and grab a WRX to open up a can of Subaru whoopass, lol.

werd. nothing better then a good run with a ford gt down i95s. having the guy staring in the rear view like wtf is he still doing there at 120.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by keith185
    I have a new STI,what is the proper way to Break it in?I have ordered a Cobb computer upgrade but I do not know much about mod's to STI. Any Suggestion's?
    Majorly off topic/hijack
    '06 wrx wr-blue

what kind of gearing do you need with 20 foot rims? hahah

haha
    10 second all motor HONDA-daily
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX-grocery getter
    1995 Dodge Neon, 104 mph trap 10 psi-sold

Quote Originally Posted by xtrememotion
    what kind of gearing do you need with 20 foot rims? hahah
    doh!
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

One last thing... there was one point where we were just driving right next to each other at high rpms, and all of a sudden my exhaust and his meshed perfectly so it sounded like just one car You could not tell a difference in exhaust notes at all, it was a very weird experience. My exhaust is an invidia G200.
    Sounds like it was fun nonetheless!

Also, I've experienced this exhaust synchronicity while riding (sport bikes) with my buddies. It's like a perfectly orchestrated symphony!
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    uh, it doesn't
    Amen to that. I would take a stock 360 or 430 over a 500whp STi or Evo anyday.
    stupidman has spoken

just an update, apparently the kid with the gallardo at UD is in trouble for stock fraud. So he may be saying by to the lambo.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1
    just an update, apparently the kid with the gallardo at UD is in trouble for stock fraud. So he may be saying by to the lambo.
    That seems to be the best way to make serious money in a short while these days.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Yeah, that punk is a student at UD. I live on Rt4.... I see it now and again. I was in a white spec v (my old car) and trying to get him to punch it a little....when he did, it lept like a gazelle! Hmm.... 250,000 dollars should get you something. I didnt know a modded STi could keep up with something that fierce tho.

I now drive a 03 wrx wagon. I like it a lot more.

Stock fraud? LOL I thought there was something shady about a kid (that goes to UD) driving a car that costs as much as half decent house. (well at least a decent house for the next year in this town)...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.