06rex tr vs 06 mustang gt
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06rex tr vs 06 mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I know the new 06 gt's are fast but will my 06rex with cobb stage 1 be a good race? ...

06rex tr vs 06 mustang gt

I know the new 06 gt's are fast but will my 06rex with cobb stage 1 be a good race? I haven't had the opportunity to run yet to know. What are your thoughts.....
    Last edited by 06grayrex; 06-10-2006 at 01:07 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

driver's race from a dig

he'll own you from a roll if your stage 1, even if your stage 2 it'll be close
    from a dig it'll be a drivers race.

I was just wondering because after installing stage 1, the car just felt 10x better than it did before. Cruising down the highway around 70-75 even in 5th around 2900rpms then you get on it, and it just goes and goes and goes. I cannot even think what stage 2 will be like...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

stage 2 is nuts! Way better than stage 1. I was going to race this kid that had a 05 gt. When i finaly saw him, he had a 04 cobra. This was before cobb and i got shat upon... quite heavily. But he blew his motor so now my car is faster

i ran this kid with a gt manual transmission. we ran from a roll and from a stop. From a stop i destroyed him and his excuse was that my car is so light (3330lb golf is not light) and from a roll i started inching away and he was amazed, said my power to weight ratio is better and thats why i won

I think a stage 1 '06 will do very well against it and a stage 2 will probably pull on it pretty easy... especially the 2006 wrx's!
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by 06hwrx
    he'll own you from a roll if your stage 1, even if your stage 2 it'll be close
    from a dig it'll be a drivers race.

+73
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

My brother has an '06 Roush and walks away from me. We have similar mods, but the car has too much torque and HP. I cannot say what 2.5 would do, but the cars run strong (providing someone knows how to drive).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_0534.jpg  
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Couple of weeks ago at our local track, a 2006 Roush Mustang GT made some passes and i wasn't all that impressed. It only ran mid 13s with ~105 trap speed.
    N/A -- 11.9@119 1.911 60' w/street radials
    N2O -- 11.3@126 1.820 60' w/street radials

What stage? The Roush's come in stages like the Saleens do... and the Roushcharger (the SC made by Roush) is not the performer that the Saleen or the Kenney Bell is...

For the same money as you can get a stage 3 Saleen or Roush, you can get the Shelby Cobra, (assuming you can get MSRP) and still take a trip to Disney World... Roush and Saleen are names and you pay extra fpr them...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

The current Roush's come only in one stage, Stage 1, strictly suspension and brakes. Their supercharger is not yet CARB certified so no cars have them. So mid 13's at 105 is not bad for what is otherwise a stock GT motor.

My brother's car simply has an exhaust, intake, and custom tune.

As for the tuners, they are all great in my opinion. I guess it's up to personal taste you know. As for Shelby Cobra's, the dealership my brother works at has a waiting list, starting @ $20,000 over invoice for anyone that ante's up. That trip to Disney World may have to wait after all. Judging from it's performance, it is still second fiddle to the '06 C6.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

I don't know if I am willing to take the word of one magazine... wait till some of the Mustang magazines get ahold of it.. they will drive it like they stole it...

I think there *are* folks out there that are getting close to MSRP, and that is the lucky ones with SVT Powerleases. Those folks get extra allocation, seperate from the dealership for the car, if they want it. So it doesn't count against the dealerships allocation. In other words,. if a dealership jacks up the price for a powerlease person and they decide not to buy, the dealership doesn't get to sell the car, they don't even get it. So there is not so much motivation to screw with them. Of course, those that are stuck with only one Ford dealer...
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    I don't know if I am willing to take the word of one magazine... wait till some of the Mustang magazines get ahold of it.. they will drive it like they stole it...
    I guess we'll wait for Evan Smith of "Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords" to take it down the 1320.

I've had quite a few Mustangs, but regardless, when a new model is introduced they are hard to come by at invoice.

Anyway, if I was to take 10 WRX TR's and average their 1/4 mile times, and do the same for the '05 - '06 Mustangs, the Mustang would come out on top. I am sure modded WRX's (stage 1 and 2) would fair better, but the GT would have the edge.

Herknav, your sig shows an '05 GT, what's you thought?

I agree with you, stock for stock, the 05+ GT should edge out the 06 WRX. I think it is close enough to make it a driver's race sometimes, (depending on track conditions and drivers). Mod the WRX to stage 2, and I think it would probably beat the GT. Mod the GT, (CAI and tune) and it flips back again to the GT.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.