accord beating wrx is this POS?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on accord beating wrx is this POS? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I found this posted on clubrsx.com thought it is jus BS So just a week ago I traded in my ...

accord beating wrx is this POS?

I found this posted on clubrsx.com thought it is jus BS

So just a week ago I traded in my beloved RSX-S for the new Accord V6 Sedan with Navi and 6-Spd manual tranny. Lost some of the crazy cornering action I used to enjoy, but picked up some straighline prowess. So I had a good time driving around in my car and now that I'm over 500 miles (yes its been a week...) I took an opportunity to enjoy my newfound sleeper image.

Mini Cooper S with white racing stripes and all the like zooms past me on a road and at the next light I pull up next to him. He looks over and laughs and then when it hit green he peels out and starts goin on his merry way. At the next light (these are long lights so I got lucky and was next to him at a few in a row) Next light I can see him inching forward again so I turn off the VSA (amazingly restrictive on those hard shifts 1-2 and such) and wonderfully so I flew away from the kid by a good 5-8 car lengths by the time I was around 60 mph and then I let off because it was just getting ridiculous. Kid pulls up at the next light and doesnt look over...+1

Later the same evening a bright blue WRX pulls up next to me (and as far as I can tell it was stock...so no flaming on the fact that if he was modded im sure it could be different...but u can say that about any car) He actually revved at me, and I chuckled, because I havent had anyone rev at me in a good 3 years, and so I let on it and pulled away by a few car lengths on this guy too.

Rather fun for a grocery getter...I'm gonna throw on the TL rear sway bar and get the HFP suspension with some nicer tires and I should be circlin around with some respectable g's in the corners.

Just figured I would share, I'm loving the whole sleeper thing, catches these brats off guard, and I'm told by some various accord forums that with an intake and premium gas (which I use regardless), these V6 accords are runnin 14.1's. I'm looking forward to that and hopefully a cocky automatic 350z driver (note the automatic...ive been on these forums long enough to know that if he was a good driver in a 350z with manual, he should beat me by 5 car lengths or so....but avg driver might still be hangin around if im good about my shifting)

i found it randomly
    Last edited by ustoleymyrice50; 06-09-2006 at 03:27 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ustoleymyrice50
    So just a week ago I traded in my beloved RSX-S for the new Accord V6 Sedan with Navi and 6-Spd manual tranny. Lost some of the crazy cornering action I used to enjoy, but picked up some straighline prowess. So I had a good time driving around in my car and now that I'm over 500 miles (yes its been a week...) I took an opportunity to enjoy my newfound sleeper image.

Mini Cooper S with white racing stripes and all the like zooms past me on a road and at the next light I pull up next to him. He looks over and laughs and then when it hit green he peels out and starts goin on his merry way. At the next light (these are long lights so I got lucky and was next to him at a few in a row) Next light I can see him inching forward again so I turn off the VSA (amazingly restrictive on those hard shifts 1-2 and such) and wonderfully so I flew away from the kid by a good 5-8 car lengths by the time I was around 60 mph and then I let off because it was just getting ridiculous. Kid pulls up at the next light and doesnt look over...+1

Later the same evening a bright blue WRX pulls up next to me (and as far as I can tell it was stock...so no flaming on the fact that if he was modded im sure it could be different...but u can say that about any car) He actually revved at me, and I chuckled, because I havent had anyone rev at me in a good 3 years, and so I let on it and pulled away by a few car lengths on this guy too.

Rather fun for a grocery getter...I'm gonna throw on the TL rear sway bar and get the HFP suspension with some nicer tires and I should be circlin around with some respectable g's in the corners.

Just figured I would share, I'm loving the whole sleeper thing, catches these brats off guard, and I'm told by some various accord forums that with an intake and premium gas (which I use regardless), these V6 accords are runnin 14.1's. I'm looking forward to that and hopefully a cocky automatic 350z driver (note the automatic...ive been on these forums long enough to know that if he was a good driver in a 350z with manual, he should beat me by 5 car lengths or so....but avg driver might still be hangin around if im good about my shifting)

i found it randomly
    Wow, 14.1's. I have raced a few with exhaust, intakes, and so on and so forth, with my SRT-4. They did not hold up very well. Maybe bad drivers.

Good kills.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

The WRX without a launch is like a 15 second car... no BS. I barely pulled on a stock RSX Type S from a roll, back when I had a turboback... so, the new Accord V6's shouldn't have a problem beating a stock WRX without a launch. This is the new age where cars like the Accord and Camry have power... and enough of it to run mid 14's from the factory.

I new V6 6speed accord coupe is as fast if not faster a lot of other cars around the same HP rating. I have driven one before and those things are quick
    '04 WRX STi

accords are straight flyin yo. I heard someone locally raced a 6cyl mustang with an accord and wacked it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    accords are straight flyin yo. I heard someone locally raced a 6cyl mustang with an accord and wacked it hard.
    omghi2u
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I'd love to have a tree house for adults in my backyard.

Yeah, very possible, just cause a lot of people on here diss Honda's, doesn't mean they can't be fast...

No suprise here.

The new V6 6spd accords are low 14sec cars when driven properly. Even though the wrx is capable of 14.0-14.2 times, a large majority of most drivers on the street are probably only good enough to get their wrx's in the 14.4-14.7 range... This is particularly because the wrx is so dependent upon its launch for a good e.t. and therefore if not launched perfectly, it can have some pretty negative affects on the outcome of a race.

So if he didn't launch, or poorly launched I could easily see a 6spd accord putting 3+ cars on a rex. As others have already said, stock or lightly modded wrx's are nothing special from a roll and will get beat by cars such as RSX-S, Maxima MT, Accord MT, etc..
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Back in the day when 227 HP was nice to have. Now you have Camry's, Maxima's, Accord's, and Altima's with the sweetest revving V6's putting out anywhere from 240 - 265 HP with 6 speed gearboxes and still weighing relatively light. You have to keep your guard up with these cars.
    2008 Evo X GSR. Custom tuned, Works panel filter, Intercooler pipe upgrade, TBE.

Registered User flyingpertyhigh's Avatar
    yeah, does anyone know anything about the new 268hp camry?

My first ever drag run in my WRX was an 18.32 @ 93 mph. hehehehe
    Sonic Yellow Snow Cone
    My Mods
    "Is that your dog sled?" "I'm standing next to it."
    Quote from TFATF-4 Anchorage Drift

schoolloans
    As its been said, A stock WRX is a 15 second car without an AWD launch. For a better indicator of how "fast" your car is (not how hard it can launch)...

...forget E.T.'s and start looking at trap speeds. A V6 Honda is traping 95-97 STOCK. This outruns a 2.0l WRX.

We get caught up in our 14.low in the 1/4. Our traps speeds (which is a MUCH better indicator of power/weight) are in line with low 15 second cars. When V6 family sedans are trapping mid-high 90's these days, any soccer mom with soem spunk on the highway will show you her tails...

First you need to find a stock WRX.
    Sonic Yellow Snow Cone
    My Mods
    "Is that your dog sled?" "I'm standing next to it."
    Quote from TFATF-4 Anchorage Drift

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans
    As its been said, A stock WRX is a 15 second car without an AWD launch. For a better indicator of how "fast" your car is (not how hard it can launch)...

...forget E.T.'s and start looking at trap speeds. A V6 Honda is traping 95-97 STOCK. This outruns a 2.0l WRX.

We get caught up in our 14.low in the 1/4. Our traps speeds (which is a MUCH better indicator of power/weight) are in line with low 15 second cars. When V6 family sedans are trapping mid-high 90's these days, any soccer mom with soem spunk on the highway will show you her tails...
    Sad, but a VERY true post
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans

Very true. Most stock 2.0L WRXs trap 94-95mph in the 1/4 mile. The race would be much closer with a 2.5L WRX though. I've bogged many a launch at the track (sometimes with the tach dropping down to 1,500rpms) and I've still run 14.3-14.4 @ 97+mph.
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.