Forester XT vs. Corvette C6

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs. Corvette C6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Not really. Well kinda. I was on route 59 heading north right before it turns into 2 lanes. The corvette ...

Forester XT vs. Corvette C6

Not really. Well kinda.

I was on route 59 heading north right before it turns into 2 lanes. The corvette is behind me and the lane we are on is the lane that will have to merge. Well the cars next to me have been trying to cut me off (or not let me merge early) for the past 2 lights so my brother tells me to just kill them and get in front of them.

When the light turns green I launch and kill every car next to me. Then I see the corvette merge over behind me and I continue to go untill I hit 90mph and the corvette shuts down about 5 car lengths back. Wasnt a race but the corvette was not catching up like he wanted to so he was just like "never mind". Funny part is that the cars that we left behind were probably confused because no one wanted to cut me off after that

The corvette was just going to merge over but he thought he was just gonna walk past me and ooopps. Believe me, had he tried a little longer I would have seen his back plates, I know that. That is what I like about my XT, no one ever sees it coming, Corvette was probably just as confused as everone else and shut down not knowing what happened.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Black XT
    That is what I like about my XT, no one ever sees it coming, Corvette was probably just as confused as everone else and shut down not knowing what happened.
    I hope the mindset of "wagons being slow" never evolve. This will give us a chance to blow minds for years to come.
    F4.21 have root access, will travel
    :wq! 6MT20G

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19 View Post
    long haul, the wagon will give you happiness in the times of madness...

Where were you where 59 is only one lane. Down into naperville (south) it stays 2 lanes, and it stays that way until you get way north towards Gernee and such.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Don't try that from a roll though. lol. I already did in my stage 2 XT and got walked bad. From 50 to 120 km/h it was probably 3 bus lengths. I did have 2 friends in my car and it was hot out, but I don't think it would have made much of a difference. .

From a stop though I probably would have done a bit better. With the sleeper factor and all.
    05 FXT
    Perrin Up-pipe
    Cobb turbo back
    Protuned by sub racing

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Where were you where 59 is only one lane. Down into naperville (south) it stays 2 lanes, and it stays that way until you get way north towards Gernee and such.

Naperville and Aurora are 3 lanes. Near Fox Valley Mall.
    It merges into 2 lanes about a mile before I-88.

Quote Originally Posted by 03subrex
    Don't try that from a roll though. lol. I already did in my stage 2 XT and got walked bad. From 50 to 120 km/h it was probably 3 bus lengths. I did have 2 friends in my car and it was hot out, but I don't think it would have made much of a difference. .

From a stop though I probably would have done a bit better. With the sleeper factor and all.

Funny part is that I wasnt really trying to race the vette untill he tried to sneak up on me, and he started to pull but not as fast as he thought he should.
    Yea, I dont ever try to race Vette's because the outcome is pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Black XT
    Naperville and Aurora are 3 lanes. Near Fox Valley Mall.
    It merges into 2 lanes about a mile before I-88.
    ahhhh.

I was trying to figure out where it changed lanes like that.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    ahhhh.

I was trying to figure out where it changed lanes like that.

I shouldnt really race in that area considering it is naperville. I will probably get one of the bicycle officers from the river walk to pull me over

VettEs Are NaStY!
    Fp18g, Txs RFL
    650cc PE Injectors, Walb 255 Fp3" TBE, Perrin Inlet Hose, UteC, HeliX uppipe,Stock Tmic
    STock Clutch , Stock 5 Speedn
    STI ShortBloCK 265whp 300tq @17psi Still DETUNED
    13.1 @104 Slipping Clutch

Quote Originally Posted by 03subrex

I just had a run in with a C6 from a roll.. From 3/4 thru 2nd gear I held side by side until I hit 4th where the vette started to pull on me. By the time we shut down my front bumper was at his back bumper. I'm a vf39 untuned WRX. Tuned I think I would have taken him.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods