03 WRX stage 1 vs MR2 turbo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 03 WRX stage 1 vs MR2 turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Its been a long time since I had my MR2 turbo, but now sitting with Cobb Stage 1 flash on ...

03 WRX stage 1 vs MR2 turbo

Its been a long time since I had my MR2 turbo, but now sitting with Cobb Stage 1 flash on my 03 Im thinking it would have given my II a run for its money before i did anything to it, anyone have an altercation with an MR2 turbo yet?
    Resist...Defy...
    VF34 Powered, D i r e c t o r~ o f ~P r o c u r e m e n t ~ f o r ~t h e~B u g E y e d~M a f i a

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Since you are an MR2 owner I am sure you are aware of their potential.

In stock form the car was good for mid 14's if driven properly which makes it a tad slower than what you would expect out of a wrx. However, the wrx only is faster on paper with the 1/4mile times. The MR2 posts a higher traps and better acceleration times if are not going from a stop. So an MR2 in stock form would be a very formitable car for a stock wrx.

Again though, as I am sure you know, the MR2 is insanely responsive to mods. Exhaust and MBC alone will pull mid 13's @ well over 100mph. My only encounters were with a friends MR2. His stock MR2 vs my TBE wrx = Me pulling him from a dig pretty hard... about 3-4 cars. From a roll it was pretty close most of the way but as I was riding out 3rd I put maybe 3/4 of a car on him.
    Then he went downpipe, catback, intake, EBC, and a couple other basic mods. From a dig he spun a lot so I got a hard jump... However nearing 70mph or so he caught up and was passing me. We shut down ~ 110 with him 2 cars ahead. From a roll; forget about it. A quick 40-80 run had him about 4+ car ahead and we didn't bother to go faster... it was obvious who the victor would be.
    With his mods he was expecting lower - mid 13's @ 104/105mph.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

my brother bought a 93 mr2-t with the jdm turbo and catless downpipe about a week ago. we havn't raced yet, but were heading to the track on friday. i've been in the car, and it feels like a monster. i think it could easily beat my 05 stg4 wrx. now if i could just talk him in to letting me take it for a spin
    I want my subie back.

http://www.mr2clean.iwarp.com/ my brothers MR-2 = insane fast.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

good grief. that thing's loaded any vids, track times, etc...
    I want my subie back.

I went neck and neck with one at the track last week. I was slowly pulling away when he hit the brakes before the trap (if he ran under 14 seconds he'd have to wear a helmet). My car was sluggish in the heat, and ran 13.1 @ 108.4.
    N.E. F4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by chromatica
    good grief. that thing's loaded any vids, track times, etc...
    Nah, I keep bugging him about taking it to the track, but he just likes to putt around town in it.

He's raced a new 911 turbo, viper gts's and a bunch of other crap and has never lost.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

yeah.... *sigh* the MR2's are very wicked fast but my problem was is that if you really cant keep it reliable if your going to go crazy with it and drive to work the next, always something breaking.... but i do see some that get heavy track use and still ddrive home to NY.
    Resist...Defy...
    VF34 Powered, D i r e c t o r~ o f ~P r o c u r e m e n t ~ f o r ~t h e~B u g E y e d~M a f i a

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.