2006 WRX vs. HONDA S2000 - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX vs. HONDA S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; but they look and handle awesome. my friend in la bought one (good town for it) and itd be a ...

but they look and handle awesome. my friend in la bought one (good town for it) and itd be a fun weekend car, not enough torque though. my neighbor has an elise, now thats a sick coupe id trade an sti for.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by $lick Rick
    actually, the s2000 responds like **** to most motor mods, boltons are practially a waste of money
    the only way get any decent gains out of that motor is to add forced induction and/or rework the engine heavily
    +1

The S2000 gets virtually no gains at all from bolt-ons. The general rule of thumb is without dumping about $5000+ into the engine bay for either an NA rebuild or F/I kit they aren't getting any faster. An even a good N/A build won't get it up to the levels of a well modded WRX or STI. The F20/F22 is basically maxed out from the factory. Which is interesting because many people claim that's the best engineered 4-cyl ever. But a modded K20(A, A2, Z1, Z3) can actually produce much better numbers, NA or F/I.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    +1

The S2000 gets virtually no gains at all from bolt-ons. The general rule of thumb is without dumping about $5000+ into the engine bay for either an NA rebuild or F/I kit they aren't getting any faster. An even a good N/A build won't get it up to the levels of a well modded WRX or STI. The F20/F22 is basically maxed out from the factory. Which is interesting because many people claim that's the best engineered 4-cyl ever. But a modded K20(A, A2, Z1, Z3) can actually produce much better numbers, NA or F/I.
    I raced one in my old h23 prelude. He beat me but not by much. This was from a deadstop. After seeing him basically only inch away from me, I lost a lot of respect for the F series motors. He had at least exhaust too. I had I/H/E.

Anyway, SUBARUS rule!!!
    2006 World Rally Blue Pearl TR Sedan.
    OEM fogs
    OEM Rear deck lid
    -much more to come-
    VAG-EYE-NA is a beautiful thing!!
    Lifes Necessities: Food,Clothing,Shelter and SUBARUS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    +1

Thats crazy cause I visit the S2ki site. At work there is 1 Evo, 2 S2k's, 2 350z's, 3 WRX's, couple of civics, 2 hemi Chargers and 2 GTO's.There are some higher class cars but they usually don't play. But go to that S2ki site and let them tell it they are beating M3's, GTO's, and NissanZ's from a roll with bolt ons. Now I see the Z would be close but it my Job the z runs the 2 S2K all the time and wins by about a car everytime. The M3's and GTO not happening I think their test pipe is leaking exhaust in the cabin I just don't see that happening. I never say any thing cause it usually turns into a flame war. S2K has nice pull up top I drive theirs all the time but when I run the GTO at work I usually end up a bus behind with 9 grand shifts from a 2nd gear 50 mph roll.
    Last edited by IECaliwrx; 09-14-2006 at 09:06 AM.

I think most are confusing the strengths and overall purpose of the S2000. It's not a 1/4 mile car, take it to the track and then start comparing. I have an 05 rex and love it, but I have a friend with an 06 s2k, and it's a beautiful, fun,fast car. I will get flamed for this but it's also a convertable, which I personally like.

To each their own.

Registered User 3rdeyevisual209's Avatar
    s2k's are hella slow!

Quote Originally Posted by uurexx
    I think most are confusing the strengths and overall purpose of the S2000. It's not a 1/4 mile car, take it to the track and then start comparing.

That's a great argument and all... but if we only compared "1/4 mile cars" to "1/4 mile cars", then we'd be comparing mustangs to mustangs all day and it'd get pretty damn boring

The wrx isnt a 1/4 mile car either, but 1/4 mile performance is what we're comparing in this thread for the most part

I agree that the WRX isn't a 1/4 mile car either....but all too often the testosterone driven members of ANY car enthusiest forum will try to convince anyone willing to listen that their car is superior to anything else. If this were a drag racing forum then it would be more relevant...but it's not. I'm not defending any viewpoint/car here but you can't realistically justify comparing track cars to drag cars. I'm not saying the rex is a drag car either so spare me the lecture to come.

If you want to drag buy a mustang/camaro, if you want to rally(yea right!) buy a rex/evo, if you want to track the car(thats south of 100k) buy a elise/s2000. Again I know that these respective cars aren't limited to my examples but for right off the lot performance these are realistic generalization. Everyone and their dogs are brainstorming an arguement to make against me regarding this topic but just because some person wants to prove that their car is faster in a straight line doesn't justify comparing cars that are designed for different purposes.

I'm trying to give an un-biased opinion and I know many don't appreciate that, but oh well, that out of my control. Lets get negative responses coming my way!!

Quote Originally Posted by uurexx
    but you can't realistically justify comparing track cars to drag cars. I'm not saying the rex is a drag car either so spare me the lecture to come.

Nobody is comparing drag cars to track cars.... that was my point, what's yours?

You say it's unfare to compare it in the 1/4 mile, but why?
    Since neither are 1/4 mile cars, their 1320 times are neutral territory and infact levels the playing field for the comparison, and in fact, it makes for a very close comparison.

I could possibly see your argument it we were comparing the rally capabilities of both cars, but we're not. We're comparing the only form of sanctioned racing in which the two cars can realistically compete against eachother stock vs stock. You cant get anymore unbiased than that.
    Last edited by $lick Rick; 09-22-2006 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IECaliwrx
    Thats crazy cause I visit the S2ki site. At work there is 1 Evo, 2 S2k's, 2 350z's, 3 WRX's, couple of civics, 2 hemi Chargers and 2 GTO's.There are some higher class cars but they usually don't play. But go to that S2ki site and let them tell it they are beating M3's, GTO's, and NissanZ's from a roll with bolt ons. Now I see the Z would be close but it my Job the z runs the 2 S2K all the time and wins by about a car everytime. The M3's and GTO not happening I think their test pipe is leaking exhaust in the cabin I just don't see that happening. I never say any thing cause it usually turns into a flame war. S2K has nice pull up top I drive theirs all the time but when I run the GTO at work I usually end up a bus behind with 9 grand shifts from a 2nd gear 50 mph roll.
    What the hell are you trying to say? Am I the only one who can barely comprehend this post?
    2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by Bboy AJ
    What the hell are you trying to say? Am I the only one who can barely comprehend this post?
    Prob. since I posted it like about 2 weeks ago. Yet you are the only person that came with jokes

The point ace was they act like its the ultimate drag racer. I was showing from my perspective it is not, and I was demonstrating my experiences of why I thought that. Ya dig?

No one on that site acts like that. Your english in your original post was awful. I am sure that I am not the only one who could not decipher it.

If you are saying that M3s and GTOs are faster than the S2000, no one will argue about that. That is fact.
    2006 WRX TR

are you serious you want me to link like 200 post for you. My english was horrible but no one else had an issue. I already saw your post on the s2k that started a **** storm in the newb sec. So I understand why my post struck your nerve not my english but my opinion. I put that
    up a week ago. Said it, now I am done with it .

Banned
    who cares what a s2000 is faster or slower than it is still a HONDA

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast