2006 WRX vs. HONDA S2000 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX vs. HONDA S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mangiapane Maybe it's because I drove a Honda Prelude before my new '06 TR, but to me, ...

Quote Originally Posted by mangiapane
    Maybe it's because I drove a Honda Prelude before my new '06 TR, but to me, the top end is damn damn DAMN good! It pulls hard past 120... HARD.

The topend on the 06' is pretty decent and considerably better than the previous wrx years, but in comparison to an S2000 it still lacks. One traps 95-97 and the other traps 100-102.

However if you go from lower speed rolls then the wrx has a bit of an advantage since it can utilize the torque a bit more.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

in my 03 stock wrx i stayed with an s2000 on the highway almost head to head. When he realized he wasnt pulling on me, he gave me a not so nice gesture.
    STI fog covers and splitters
    STI replica front and rear strut bars
    Prodrive Springs
    Helix V3
    Espelir Catback
    Cobb Stage 2

I'm not flaming anyone, but I cannot get over the fact of how much quicker/faster the '06s are. I've been hearing stg. 2 EJ20s are about dead even with a stock EJ25?
    2006 World Rally Blue Pearl TR Sedan.
    OEM fogs
    OEM Rear deck lid
    -much more to come-
    VAG-EYE-NA is a beautiful thing!!
    Lifes Necessities: Food,Clothing,Shelter and SUBARUS!!

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    He was probably stock, Those cars are amazing with some mods. On a track our WRX's would get ow3nd bad!
    yeah, wrx's are amazing with some mods...
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    The topend on the 06' is pretty decent and considerably better than the previous wrx years, but in comparison to an S2000 it still lacks. One traps 95-97 and the other traps 100-102.

However if you go from lower speed rolls then the wrx has a bit of an advantage since it can utilize the torque a bit more.
    There are dudes all over this site pushing 13.7's @ 100mph traps in 06's. The reason wrx's traps are low is because of the monster 60 ft times. If you take off with just an aggresive clutch slip you can see the same traps as in a S2000. Bottom line, kneck and kneck from a roll.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Can't the '06s cut like a 1.6 or 7 60ft. time? An s2000 can do that too!?! I don't know about that.
    OEM fogs
    OEM Rear deck lid
    -much more to come-

No...... The trap speeds are kneck and kneck, not the optimum 1/4 times. If the wrx gets a weak launch the traps will be practically the same along with the 1/4 times (lower 14's). So in theory they are very close from a ghey a$$ roll. I myself ran a well modified S2000 from a 20 mph roll and lost by 1-2 cars or so. I have an 06 tr stock. If it where a stock S2000 I would have hung with him even better. I know he had atleast a full exhaust and hondata em with an intake from the rumors here in town. He told me himself all he had was a clutch(with about 6-7 stickers on his rocker panel, carbon fiber hood and trunk, volk racing wheels). I had to practicaly threaten him to roll down his window to talk to me afterwards. Nice looking and sounding car though.

I see under your screenname you ran a 13.6 in the rain!?!? Was THAT in your '06?
    OEM fogs
    OEM Rear deck lid
    -much more to come-

Go 06 stage 2... you WON'T be disappointed. I went stage 2 and was screwing around in fifth on the highway...I looked down and saw the needle past 140 stage 2 top end > stock by a LONG shot
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

I see under your screenname you ran a 13.6 in the rain!?!? Was THAT in your '06?
    I also still have the damn bugeye mob up too. I forgot how to change all that s&^t. The run was in my 02 stg2 wrx.

Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    Go 06 stage 2... you WON'T be disappointed. I went stage 2 and was screwing around in fifth on the highway...I looked down and saw the needle past 140 stage 2 top end > stock by a LONG shot
    Dude tell me more about your stg 2 06! I'm really getting close to getting mine too. I need more info please!!!

I'm not flaming anyone, but I cannot get over the fact of how much quicker/faster the '06s are. I've been hearing stg. 2 EJ20s are about dead even with a stock EJ25?
    Dunno about that, the 06 I ran into the other day was only inch'n away from me down low in second. I'm only stg1 with 3" catback, ic hoses, and a pulley. I had my GF in the car with me, plus the added weight of my system. (He still had the dealer plates so the engine was probably pretty green though.) Stg 2 ej20 should still beat a stock 06 given equal drivers.

Well thanks for clearing all that up. Your car looks amazing by the way. Nevertheless, I've seen stg. 2 ej20 timeslips and some of them made me go . Slow wise that is. Well, not slow, but DEFINITELY not where they should be.
    OEM fogs
    OEM Rear deck lid
    -much more to come-

Registered User 3rdeyevisual209's Avatar
    deeewwwwd! 06 wrx stock vs 06 s200? you will walk him! i have seen alot of s2ks at the track hittin 14.6! i hit 14.0 on my 06 tr stock with a full tank of gas.

Quote Originally Posted by enash99
    He was probably stock, Those cars are amazing with some mods. On a track our WRX's would get ow3nd bad!

actually, the s2000 responds like **** to most motor mods, boltons are practially a waste of money
    the only way get any decent gains out of that motor is to add forced induction and/or rework the engine heavily

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.