2006 WRX vs. HONDA S2000 - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX vs. HONDA S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; That's based on your butt dyno. Stock STi traps higher than S2000. End of story....

That's based on your butt dyno.

Stock STi traps higher than S2000. End of story.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX

yah that post left me scratching my head.. i knew better.. but now i feel better
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX

I'm not talking about the 1/4 mile. I know for a fact that a STi is faster than a S2000 stock for stock 1/4 milewise, but from a roll it is a whole different story. Remember, I have owned both cars, so I'm not talking out of my ass, I am speaking from experience. If I were to take my S2000 to the track I would expect a much slower 1/4 mile time, since I won't be able to pull a 1.7 60ft, but it wouldn't be to terrible slower than what I was running in my STi. I wanted more of a top end car and wanted to stay away from turbos, so I opted for the S2000, you can't argue with the 34mpg on the highway I was getting today or the 28mpg I get normally. I wasn't even coming close to that in the STi...

You have to take into consideration that the S2000 is roughly 400lbs lighter than a STi and has a nice top end. I raced a S2000 that had a SRI (aka hot air intake) and exhaust when I was Stage 2 and I pulled like a car and a half on him. Not bad for a pretty much stock S2000 with an intake that is actually hurting performance vs a Stage 2 STi. Again this was from a roll, I very rarely get to the track or even race for the most part.

I switched to the S2000 to get a cheapier car, it was cheapier than the STi, is cheapier to insure, and better MPG. Overall I have save a bunch of money in insurance ($500 less than the STi every 6 months) and I have saved loads at the pump getting more miles to a tank and only having to put in 10 gal of gas instead of the 12.5ish that I was putting in with the STi.

I love both cars and each has their strong point, but in the end I am much happier with the S2000 and it really isn't much slower than what my Stage 2 STi was doing from a roll. I don't know what it will do at the track, because I haven't been there with it and won't go until I get a stronger rear diff so I don't have to worry about killing mine.
    Last edited by V8This; 06-19-2006 at 07:12 PM.
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

Installing soon... K-Sport Coilovers and Defi Gauges!

My experience was an 00 S2000 vs my wife's 02 stg 2 4eat wagon. I put up a vid clip awhile back. The S2000 WILL pull inyo the triple digits from a highway roll and will get killed from the dig or low roll. The rex really needs a bigger turbo or better gearing (especially the sh*t autos) to take one of those on the highway.

Of course, stick a SC on a S2000 and it'll be interesting to see what it does from the dig and on the streets....
    07 RDX

04 STI: SOLD
    02 4eat Cobb Stg 2 WRX Wagon: Wife's

pimpin all over the world

well me, lookin for racing on the streets of miami with my 2006 WRX TR i found a 3.5 altima with a catback and a s2000 each line up! and on 2 gear roll i beat both of them nasty!! and that's a real story!on that time i just got the hks catback and my intake.. so!! i'm not afraid of those cars anymore!!! and now with my 2006 STi Stage 2 protune i just destroy them!!!

pimpin all over the world

well me, lookin for racing on the streets of miami with my 2006 WRX TR i found a 3.5 altima with a catback and a s2000 each line up! and on 2 gear roll i beat both of them nasty!! and that's a real story!on that time i just got the hks catback and my intake.. so!! i'm not afraid of those cars anymore!!! and now with my 2006 STi Stage 2 protune i just destroy them!!!

ive raced my friends s2000 (ap1) he had a catback.

60mph roll even top of 3rd

4th gear he started to pull very slowly

my experience with them is pretty one-sided from a stop or roll...

But then again, it helps when you bring twice the whp they come with stock to the party, as well as more aggressive gearing than they have stock
    Last edited by jigga; 08-12-2006 at 04:06 PM.
    02 WRX WRBP sedan..
    Upgrades??? stock...

To the reply on the S2000. I played with one last week. I have a 06 WRX TR nothing special pure stock. I am goin to save the long story on how he challenged me and iam still trying to break in my car and learning how to drive it. Well he pulls up on me wanting to run and taunting me on and i just said f@@k it course he gets the jump and pulls into my lane and all i saw was black smoke and stuff hitting my windshield no idea really what that was but it was not pretty. Well he gets in the other lane slows down doing 30 i put mine back in second and we try again and he punches it and gets the head start but not much i stayed right on his rear fender and slowly creep up he slows down and turns guessing he won or something or it could have been his girlfriend was pissed cause he was racing not sure lol. All i know is the 06 can hang with or beat the S2000 really depends on the driver. Mind you i only had 500 mines on the motor. Its sooo hard backing down though.

Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1
    I raced an s2k off a light with niether one of us launching, and it got owned. First and Second gear on my car ended the race for him. He was trying to play catch up all the way through fourth. Moral of that story: my arm can produce more torque than an s2k.
    He was probably stock, Those cars are amazing with some mods. On a track our WRX's would get ow3nd bad!
    2003 Platinum Silver Metalic Sedan
    VF-34 Powered
    My Mods
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Even if your car was stock, your chances of warranty coverage are about as good as a retarded chimp trying to do a calculus problem while high on pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    Up top they should take a 06 wrx, but wrx topend = a joke so that's really not saying much.
    Maybe it's because I drove a Honda Prelude before my new '06 TR, but to me, the top end is damn damn DAMN good! It pulls hard past 120... HARD.

yeah that's probably why.

The wrx does pull harder from a roll than your average car, but on this forum there are so many professional rocket drivers you got to be careful what you say.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

professional rocket drivers or accord owners.

Alright, so I get flamed for giving the WRX a compliment. Whatever, that's fine. I fully understand that there are fast WRXs' on this site. *******s.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast