2006 WRX vs. HONDA S2000 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX vs. HONDA S2000 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by scoob Convertibles are horrible aerodynamically Especially when you have both hands over your head and your are ...

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Convertibles are horrible aerodynamically
    Especially when you have both hands over your head and your are screaming "WAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"...

erm, that I have ever done that...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't be so sure. The new Saturn Sky has a c.d. of .43 and it LOOKS just as aerodynamic as an S2000. Aerodynamics is a funny science. Just because a car looks slippery, doesn't mean it is. Convertibles are horrible aerodynamically, and pointy rear ends are bad to. The design of the S2000's windshield doesn't help either.
    Honda S2000 w/ top down = .42

Honda S2000 w/ top up = .38

Honda S2000 w/ OEM/Mugen hard top = .32

So as you can see, with the top down it is pretty crappy. With top up it is not that bad, and with a hard top it is actually pretty decent.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Those look like Cd values above but you also need frontal area to know which car actually has better aero characteristics.

Does anybody know what the Cd is and frontal area for both cars?

I'm curious too.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Honda S2000 w/ top down = .42

Honda S2000 w/ top up = .38

Honda S2000 w/ OEM/Mugen hard top = .32

So as you can see, with the top down it is pretty crappy. With top up it is not that bad, and with a hard top it is actually pretty decent.
    Awesome research DTRex, how'd you find that man!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Do you know the Cd for the 02-06 rex's?

what does a JDM s2000 put down? Anybody????

Awesome research DTRex, how'd you find that man!
    Honda S2000 website.

Honda has never officially published cd numbers for the car (probably because they are not that great) so Mugen (the world famous tuning company) released cd info for the car to demonstrate the cd advantage of its hard top option for the vehicle.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Do you know the Cd for the 02-06 rex's?
    I couldn't find anything for the sedan, but:

WRX wagon = .38

WRX STi = .33

I assume the sedan would be pretty similar the wagon.
    Just call me Clark Kent

what years are these numbers for, because i read somewhere that the 06 was designed to be significantly less

Hummmm. The sedan is probably worse than the wagon. Wagons are usually pretty good(especially with the rear roof mounted wing attached). The back window on the sedan hurts it I would think. What year are you talking about?

The wagon numbers were in correlation to 02-05 and sti numbers were for 2004 model year
    Just call me Clark Kent

Everythnig I find puts the wrx sedan at .33-.34 Cd. the wagons has got to be better than that. I don't know how reliable my info is though. The STI was at .33. My car is dropped about 2 in. in front, and 1.5 in. rear. I have 225 size 17in dia. 45 profile tires, and no wing. I wonder what that works out to be? My guess is .33 at best.

Quote Originally Posted by evothis
    what does a JDM s2000 put down? Anybody????
    JDM S2000 worth 246 hp with 2L engine instead of USDM s**tty 2.2L with different power@rpm

Having owned a Stage 2 STi and trading it in on a S2000, I would have to say, stock for stock a S2000 would beat an STi from a roll. I would say that my S2000, with I/H/E right now, isn't much slower than what my STi was at, while I was Stage 2. The key for the S2000 is to start the race from 6000rpms. I was actually surprised in the S2000, the handling is about the same level my STi was with coilovers. Overall, I like the S2000 much more than the STi and the 28mpg is freaking awesome!
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

Installing soon... K-Sport Coilovers and Defi Gauges!

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    Having owned a Stage 2 STi and trading it in on a S2000, I would have to say, stock for stock a S2000 would beat an STi from a roll. I would say that my S2000, with I/H/E right now, isn't much slower than what my STi was at, while I was Stage 2. The key for the S2000 is to start the race from 6000rpms. I was actually surprised in the S2000, the handling is about the same level my STi was with coilovers. Overall, I like the S2000 much more than the STi and the 28mpg is freaking awesome!
    That is pretty suprising. I could see it being pretty close stock if your s2000 is new since they trap in the 100mph area with a few good drivers getting 101/102... but a stage2 STi traps 106-108 and a i/h/e s2000 is barealy good for 104mph. Either way though, from the couple I have driven they pull hard up top and I am not suprised it handles better than your STi with coilovers.

I would love an S2000.
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.