Wish it wouldve been the WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Wish it wouldve been the WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today I was driving home in my 05 Civic SI. My Girl had the WRX. A tricked out Saturn Ion ...

Wish it wouldve been the WRX

Today I was driving home in my 05 Civic SI. My Girl had the WRX. A tricked out Saturn Ion starts revving at me so I punch it and so does he. The Ion winds up like it has a supercharger? NE wayz we go at it a few times when there is no traffic. Whats crazy is my SI killed him from a 20-30mph roll by half a car through 3rd. Do they make superchargers for saturns? If so what kinda power do they make?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Type: Supercharged inline four,aluminum block and head
    Valvetrain: DOHC, four valves per cylinder
    Displacement: 1998cc
    Bore x Stroke: 86.0 mm x 86.0 mm
    Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
    Claimed Crank Hp: 200 hp @ 6450 rpm
    Claimed Crank Torque: 200 lb-ft @ 5800 rpm
    Measured Wheel Hp: 197 hp @ 6450 rpm
    Measured Wheel Torque: 169 lb-ft@ 5200 rpm
    Redline: 6450 rpm

Got that from a car and driver road test. Did he take you after 3rd?

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

he started to creep but we both slowed because of traffic

Saturn Ion "Redline" comes with a s/c.

Stock they are high 14sec cars. It would be a very good race with a civic si.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I did not know saturn made a car like that. I wish I could have had a red light. My SI will Take the WRX through 1st gear. well not all the way through 1st but it gets a fast launch

how is your fwd, no tq car pulling a wrx in first gear? most of a wrx is in the launch when it has traction...
    Shawn Williams
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR
    14.226 @ 95.31 mph

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you need to race a WRX driver that knows how to launch. That's where they shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    I think you need to race a WRX driver that knows how to launch. That's where they shine.
    +1 Couldn't agree more.
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

Quote Originally Posted by gfred024
    I did not know saturn made a car like that. I wish I could have had a red light. My SI will Take the WRX through 1st gear. well not all the way through 1st but it gets a fast launch
    Try that with me, ill eat your SI alive.. SI (stock) can not, never, ever take a wrx from a digg (with both a good driver)

AWD>FWD

Your GF must be a really bad driver

True very true
    Last edited by WRX_Aruba; 05-31-2006 at 08:33 AM.
    My05 WRX "XPT Stage 2" (A4RM200K)

launch a WRX with 40psi in your tires @ 4500-5000 rpm, then come back and tell us which is faster off the line. check out some of the stickys on how to launch in the drag racing forum. I promise ...you will eat your own words.

My SI will Take the WRX through 1st gear. well not all the way through 1st but it gets a fast launch
    what does "not all the way through 1st" mean? the first 30 feet? I am thinking the WRX racing you bogged the launch and once it got about 2500 RPM's, it blistered past you from a dig. a bad launch/driver and/or bogging the launch is about the only way to nose a WRX in an SI from a dig -- and only for a few moments. Even if you are boosted, you wouldnt have the traction from a dig.

there is a boosted SI down here in knoxville and from a roll, it is very quick, but down at the track, he doesnt have traction until 3rd gear usually.
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 05-31-2006 at 09:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    what does "not all the way through 1st" mean? the first 30 feet? I am thinking the WRX racing you bogged the launch and once it got about 2500 RPM's, it blistered past you from a dig. a bad launch/driver and/or bogging the launch is about the only way to nose a WRX in an SI from a dig -- and only for a few moments. Even if you are boosted, you wouldnt have the traction from a dig.

there is a boosted SI down here in knoxville and from a roll, it is very quick, but down at the track, he doesnt have traction until 3rd gear usually.
    Yeah the day I see a FWD car on street tires cut a 1.7-1.8 60ft, I'll be amazed.
    2005 Aspen White STi

If I'm not mistaken, the Saturn ION Redline contains the same 2.0l supercharged I-4 ECOTEK engine that comes in the Cobalt SS.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    If I'm not mistaken, the Saturn ION Redline contains the same 2.0l supercharged I-4 ECOTEK engine that comes in the Cobalt SS.
    It is..

Whats done to the SI? With an intake and exhaust the new 06 SI is running 14.2 1/4.. With ION is running 14.2 to 14.4 stock.

As for beating the WRX in 1st. Well there are very few cars that can claim that and I have yet to see ANY Civic on that list.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

u only raced from 20 -30? thats not reallly a race but ok

and half of first gear is like 2 seconds or less. i know im coming off like a pee pee here and not trying to, but those "races" arent long enough for anything to happen. things change at higher speeds when aerodynamics come into play. and dont feel bad, that guy still has to say "i have a saturn, you know, the company that made the Vue?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.