05 Wrx vs 06 Mustang GT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 Wrx vs 06 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just had a little fun with a 06 Mustang GT.. after work around 1-2 in the morning, he started ...

05 Wrx vs 06 Mustang GT

I just had a little fun with a 06 Mustang GT.. after work around 1-2 in the morning, he started it and I was bored so what the heck.

My mods_
    -- VF34 Turbo
    -- STi Pinks
    -- Fuel Pump
    -- Full Turboback

His mods_
    -- "chip"
    -- exhaust

from a 70mph roll I pulled 2-3 cars and let off at 100mph. I thought these cars were pretty quick stock, esp on the highway.. anyway he wanted to run from a stop and that wasnt any good news for him either by the time I hit 80mph I was already 4 cars ahead and slowed down. It was pretty fun night, I did better than I thought I would have

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

are u running any kind of EM on ur mods..just wondering .

im protuned.

He can't drive. Not to mention exhaust, (axelbacks) gives zero perfromance increase and you don't "chip" the 05+. So it sound like he was stock.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

you can "chip" an 05+. that just means getting an engine management thing. my roommmate has one, it looks pretty close to our accessport and works pretty much the same way. at least that's the extent of my knowledge on the whole mustang chipping issue. so it is possible to chip the 05. my friend with his 05 with chip, exhaust, and intake is running 310 rwhp and running 12.9s now which isn't bad.
    Shawn Williams
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR
    14.226 @ 95.31 mph

Nice runs.. Ever since my vf39 install I have been wondering how I would fair against the newer Mustang. I'm not tuned yet so I'm guessing it would be alot closer race.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

ahhh time to order a 18g and fmic

05+ Mustangs are not all that good from a highway. First-third gear in either tranny keeps them above 5000 rpm. Shift into 4th (the 1-1) and the revs drop and the car feels like it died.

A chip (tuning) will add like 20 WHP to one of those cars and ones with full exhaust and a chip (probably what this guy has) along with an intake since intakes come with most chip packages will put him at about 320 WHP. If he only had the chip and a cat back, its more like 295 or so.

Anyway, good kill
    04 Silver STi M6

The ones I see at the track tend to trap 100-104, while VF3*'d WRXs trap 105-107. The one below arrived on a trailer and ran 104.77:

N.E. F4
    Mods

my friends mustang that i talk about above traps between 107-109 and he uses it as a daily driver. they are cool cars for the 1/4 but i wouldn't buy one. on the highway he pulls hard.
    Shawn Williams
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR
    14.226 @ 95.31 mph

He wasn't "chipped" he was "tuned", just like the WRX. You cannot chip the 05+, you HAVE to tune it, (no one makes any sort of piggyback unit yet). When you "chip" a car, you are replacing something. You might think it is semantics, but it isn't. Just like with the AP, it is all electronic, there is no physical hardware left attached to the car.

A CAI, LT headers with catless x or h pipe and a tune might get you 310 to the wheels, (it really depends on the tune). So what do you mean by "exhaust"? Replacing the axelbacks doesn't do anything except burn your hands, lighten your wallet, and change the sound of the car, (at least, *I* burned my hands when I did it).

100 in the 05 manual tranny is third gear around 5000 rpms or so, if I remember correctly, (I have been away for a while now), so I am not sure about the "1-3 is above 5000" thing.
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav

100 in the 05 manual tranny is third gear around 5000 rpms or so, if I remember correctly, (I have been away for a while now), so I am not sure about the "1-3 is above 5000" thing.
    IDK, I was just repeating something I read in motor trend/car and driver/road and track. I will try to find the article
    04 Silver STi M6

Good stuff

I have been fairly disapointed with the 05/06 mustang gt capabilities. Not bad performance for the dollar, but I thought the 03' Mach1 I drove was 10X better than what the new GT has to offer.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    He wasn't "chipped" he was "tuned", just like the WRX. You cannot chip the 05+, you HAVE to tune it, (no one makes any sort of piggyback unit yet). When you "chip" a car, you are replacing something. You might think it is semantics, but it isn't. Just like with the AP, it is all electronic, there is no physical hardware left attached to the car.

A CAI, LT headers with catless x or h pipe and a tune might get you 310 to the wheels, (it really depends on the tune). So what do you mean by "exhaust"? Replacing the axelbacks doesn't do anything except burn your hands, lighten your wallet, and change the sound of the car, (at least, *I* burned my hands when I did it).

Humm.. I asked what mods he had and he told me "exhaust" and "chip" I have no idea how mustang mods work but thats what the driver told me. as for 2-3 cars it really looked like it he was pretty far back, when I slowed down and exited and he followed me to the light and thats round II happend and we had a nice talk for a few mins.

Quote Originally Posted by TigsteRz
    Humm.. I asked what mods he had and he told me "exhaust" and "chip" I have no idea how mustang mods work but thats what the driver told me. as for 2-3 cars it really looked like it he was pretty far back, when I slowed down and exited and he followed me to the light and thats round II happend and we had a nice talk for a few mins.
    Thats why I questioned it. I don't know anyone with an 05+ that calls it a "chip". The previous GTs used them though. And "exhaust" can mean anything really... and I'm not questioning you at all, just the nin-com-poop you raced.

A lot of guys who get these new stangs think they are faster than anything of comparable cost on the road, and most don't know what to look for on another car for mods. But then, I think that is a disease many people have, including WRX drivers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast