05 Wrx vs 06 Mustang GT - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 05 Wrx vs 06 Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Herknav Thats why I questioned it. I don't know anyone with an 05+ that calls it a ...

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    Thats why I questioned it. I don't know anyone with an 05+ that calls it a "chip". The previous GTs used them though. And "exhaust" can mean anything really... and I'm not questioning you at all, just the nin-com-poop you raced.
    Perhaps because one of the companies who makes the tuning software like the AP is called Diablo sport chips
    04 Silver STi M6

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A lot of guys who get these new stangs think they are faster than anything of comparable cost on the road, and most don't know what to look for on another car for mods. But then, I think that is a disease many people have, including WRX drivers.
    Yeah I'm seeing a growing trend of 06 WRX owners thinking this way and knowing very little.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TigsteRz
    I just had a little fun with a 06 Mustang GT.. after work around 1-2 in the morning, he started it and I was bored so what the heck.
    He started it. Classic! Now thats something you say to the wife/girlfriend when she gets pissed about racing.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    Yeah I'm seeing a growing trend of 06 WRX owners thinking this way and knowing very little.
    +1
    I heard this younger guy saying that his 06 WRX TR was 1 of 3 COBB Stage 2's in NY. I don't know if he meant on an 06 or what. But it sounded kind of funny considering mine is Stage 2 COBB & i know of others who are as well. And of course,.. he had a RFL BOV "cuz it makes the car go faster". That's what he actually told people that were checking out his car!
    Last edited by 20WRX04; 06-01-2006 at 01:32 PM.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Gloveperson
    Perhaps because one of the companies who makes the tuning software like the AP is called Diablo sport chips
    Actually, the name of the company is Diablosport. http://www.diablosport.com/ The handheld unit they have is called the Predator. I have one. They are even easier to use than the AP, (no jumper to install!), and it has a lot of functionality. I can remove the speed limiter, adjust redline, determine when the fans come on, adjust timing, adjust the speedo, etc. It even datalogs. The competitor is just as functional and it is the SCT 2. I may be switching over to it, since the shop I plan on having install my twin screw uses it for tuning...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

The best way to explain an AP or similar to the layperson = "chip"....if it were two technicians sitting down for a cup of coffee with lots of time to talk, it would not just be semantics, but in the situation described, it was just that.

Actually, the name of the company is Diablosport. http://www.diablosport.com/ The handheld unit they have is called the Predator. I have one. They are even easier to use than the AP, (no jumper to install!), and it has a lot of functionality. I can remove the speed limiter, adjust redline, determine when the fans come on, adjust timing, adjust the speedo, etc. It even datalogs. The competitor is just as functional and it is the SCT 2. I may be switching over to it, since the shop I plan on having install my twin screw uses it for tuning...
    Well SCT is Super Chips Tuning, maybe the numbnut got screwed up there. I had SCT XCal II on my Cobra and it was awesome and will be putting it on my L once it has gotten a few mods. You should definately make the switch if you are thinking about it.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Well SCT is Super Chips Tuning, maybe the numbnut got screwed up there. I had SCT XCal II on my Cobra and it was awesome and will be putting it on my L once it has gotten a few mods. You should definately make the switch if you are thinking about it.
    I am more than likely making the switch, but I am waiting till I get the work done, as I want to sell the Pred with the C+L CAI as a package since that's how I bought it, (and after I go back to stock, the pred will have the C+L tune in it). I'm getting rid of the C+L and going with the C+L Racer intake because it fits with the Saleen better, (or if I go with the KB, which already has it's own CAI).

Not to mention possibly getting a one-piece driveshaft, (05+ has a 2 piece and it is heavy as fk), and maybe a spec 2 clutch, possibly new flywheel, shorty headers, (I want to keep the cats, and I have heard horror stories about aftermarket high flows letting loose), new engine mounts, upgraded brakes, GT500 fuel pump kit, (not out yet, pumps are hard to find), and a partridge in a pear tree. The only thing left after all of that is.... a new engine!
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

I am more than likely making the switch, but I am waiting till I get the work done, as I want to sell the Pred with the C+L CAI as a package since that's how I bought it, (and after I go back to stock, the pred will have the C+L tune in it). I'm getting rid of the C+L and going with the C+L Racer intake because it fits with the Saleen better, (or if I go with the KB, which already has it's own CAI).

Not to mention possibly getting a one-piece driveshaft, (05+ has a 2 piece and it is heavy as fk), and maybe a spec 2 clutch, possibly new flywheel, shorty headers, (I want to keep the cats, and I have heard horror stories about aftermarket high flows letting loose), new engine mounts, upgraded brakes, GT500 fuel pump kit, (not out yet, pumps are hard to find), and a partridge in a pear tree. The only thing left after all of that is.... a new engine!
    DUDE! That is going to be sick! Don't forget traction bars, that body is going to have to be stiffened pretty well too.

How expensive is the Saleen S/C? I would go with the KB personally, I think I am going to be getting a KB 2.6L when I see the results of others using it (it is brand new. just released yesterday).
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    DUDE! That is going to be sick! Don't forget traction bars, that body is going to have to be stiffened pretty well too.

How expensive is the Saleen S/C? I would go with the KB personally, I think I am going to be getting a KB 2.6L when I see the results of others using it (it is brand new. just released yesterday).
    Actually, I have BMR adjustable LCAs, relocation brackets, adjustable panhard bar, and panhard support brace, steeda bumpsteer kit, caster camber plates, and FRPP handling pack, (front and rear sways, springs, shocks/struts, strut tower brace) along with 18" deep dish black bullets (2x9" and 2x10") with Pilot Sport PS2 rubber all waiting on me when I get home in another month.

I think the Saleen and KB both run about the same. I am now leaning toward the Saleen because I have heard only good things about the tuner/shop I am planning on using. But I have not counted out the KB, which I like just as much.

This isn't going to take place soon, I think this will be a gradual process... after the suspension stuff goes on, (and I put that AVIC-Z1 I want so bad in). I will probably hit the brakes, then do the SC.

Actually, I have BMR adjustable LCAs, relocation brackets, adjustable panhard bar, and panhard support brace, steeda bumpsteer kit, caster camber plates, and FRPP handling pack, (front and rear sways, springs, shocks/struts, strut tower brace) along with 18" deep dish black bullets (2x9" and 2x10") with Pilot Sport PS2 rubber all waiting on me when I get home in another month.

I think the Saleen and KB both run about the same. I am now leaning toward the Saleen because I have heard only good things about the tuner/shop I am planning on using. But I have not counted out the KB, which I like just as much.

This isn't going to take place soon, I think this will be a gradual process... after the suspension stuff goes on, (and I put that AVIC-Z1 I want so bad in). I will probably hit the brakes, then do the SC.
    Good. I am glad to hear you took care of the body flex problems early on.

Sounds like your mod path is going pretty well. Keep us (well at least me) posted.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12