06 sti VS. 06 sti.... not a good ending :(
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 sti VS. 06 sti.... not a good ending :( within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There are these two brothers in my area that both have STI's. One is 18 and the other is 20. ...

06 sti VS. 06 sti.... not a good ending :(

There are these two brothers in my area that both have STI's. One is 18 and the other is 20. They were racing and apparently a jeep cherokee that it was funny to cut of one of the kids. The kid gets cut off, slams his car into the jeep, gets rear ended, and flights into a forest. The other brother runs to the scene, and finds his brothers car crashed, the seat had been bent and as he took his brother out of the crashed car, he found him dead. He had broken his back/spine upon impact, probably had something to do with the chair bending. The cops came and arrested the brother because they were drag racing. As far as for the driver of the cherokee, i have no idea. I will try to find out more. Im quite upset at this accident, i dont really know the kids, and my brother met the kids a few days ago... but the accident really shook me up. Life is too precious. The kid that died was the 18 year old younger brother.

peter
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sorry about that, that is a bummer.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

damn thats crazy..so young..did the jeep fled the scene?

Local news article?

Yeah, regardless of the lack of legality of drag racing, that Cherokee driver had no right/business to intentionally cut him off (if they did it on purpose). Why do some civilian drivers find it necessary to take it upon themselves to play traffic cop?
    That's very sad to hear about that happening. May God be with his friends and family members.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

reading that story makes me shiver. btw you have any pics?
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Oh man that sucks. RIP

Reminds me of my bros wreck where he died but he wasnt racing. He was just driving on the only dry snow day and went left prolly said oh sh!t wrong lane and overcorrected and hit a tree and died on contact. He too was 18 on his way to his gf's for lunch/movie. RIP Tom 2-20-03
    April 04 WRBlue Pearl MT <--"Stitch"
    Mods: Premium Package,STI short shifter and titanuim knob,Momo Airleather shift knob,Rota Formels 17's,AP Stage 2,Coolsafe Thermostat, Apexi Intake, RallyArmor mudflaps, Bosal Cat-back exhaust, Crucial Racing Down-pipe, gold painted calipers,daddy's group buy 3 52mm gagues, center pod, delphi xm radio, JVC CD reciever

Sorry to hear this... Here is the article in the chicagotribune
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...l=chi-news-hed.
    Hopefully the link works....

A Green Oaks teen was killed in a traffic collision, which left seven people injured, on a road in north suburban Lake County.

Around 5:30 p.m. yesterday, Ryan Meinken and his brother were traveling eastbound on Illinois Highway 137 at a high rate of speed in their 2006 Subarus when Ryan's Subaru rear-ended a Honda Accord that emerged from Oak Grove Road in an unincorporated area near Libertyville, Lake County sheriff's office Sgt. John Lucas said.

Ryan's Subaru spun out of control and collided head-on with a Jeep Cherokee that was westbound on Illinois 137. The Subaru bounced off the Jeep and slid off the road and into some trees. Meinken, 17, was dead at the scene, Lucas said.

"The Subaru spun and ended up going east in the westbound lanes on its rear," Lucas said. "The Subaru's rear then struck the front of the oncoming Jeep," the sergeant said.

All four occupants in the Honda were taken to Lake Forest Hospital, CLTV reported. Three others in the Jeep, one adult, a 7-year-old boy and a 10-year-old boy, were taken to Lake Forest and Condell Health Network in Libertyville. One of the boys from the Jeep was being treated for a broken ankle.

Meinken's brother pulled his Subaru over following the accident and was not arrested, authorities said.

Authorities this morning are trying to determine if Ryan and his brother were racing, Lucas said. The accident is being investigated by the sheriff's office's accident team.

Meinken recently graduated from Carmel High School in Mundelein, according to the sheriff's office.
    Not quite the same story as the OP.
    -Max.

06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

this version makes me feel very sorry for the people in the cherokee. doesn't sound like they had anything to do with it and were just hit by a racer.
    Shawn Williams
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX TR
    14.226 @ 95.31 mph

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    Not quite the same story as the OP.
    I love teh intardweb rumor mill.

Well now....
    What did we learn?
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    Well now....
    What did we learn?
    That according to an unnamed source, it was all a Jeep driver's fault. So street racing is fine, but cutting off a dipsh1t going 120 on a public road in traffic is evil.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

That's the scary part about it... we all know when we are driving like *******s... there are other *******s out there too. There is no sense in driving real fast around other cars. Also, for most cars... it's hard to judge when another car is going 120mph(especially when glancing in the review mirror).... so that car might not have known that he was "cutting him off"... It's our responsibility as drivers to maintain a safe pace to make sure that we cannot be cutoff.

RIP to the lil bro :-\

I hope we can all learn from these mistakes... it only takes one **** up
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

yeah, the article sounds a bit different from what i heard from very close friends of the two kids involved. When i find out more info ill post it. From what it says on the article, makes me feel bad for others who were affected (jeep, and honda).
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast