06 sti VS. 06 sti.... not a good ending :( - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 06 sti VS. 06 sti.... not a good ending :( within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dsel That according to an unnamed source, it was all a Jeep driver's fault. So street racing ...

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    That according to an unnamed source, it was all a Jeep driver's fault. So street racing is fine, but cutting off a dipsh1t going 120 on a public road in traffic is evil.
    street racing is not fine. and either are those as$holes who cut off people on purpose only to get them to break hard and accidently cause some accidents to occur. If two people are street racing, and i see them pass me... i would not try to cut them off to cuz an accident or to scare them, especially if they are already going so fast. You may think that cutting off people in such a scenario is morally acceptable, but i don't. If this person does it on purpose, i think he should be sent to jail on some degree of murder, because thats exactly what it is. The article claims this wasn't the case, but if it was, i would be pissed off at the jeep driver a bit more than those stupid kids.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ellinopedo182
    street racing is not fine. and either are those as$holes who cut off people on purpose only to get them to break hard and accidently cause some accidents to occur. If two people are street racing, and i see them pass me... i would not try to cut them off to cuz an accident or to scare them, especially if they are already going so fast. You may think that cutting off people in such a scenario is morally acceptable, but i don't. If this person does it on purpose, i think he should be sent to jail on some degree of murder, because thats exactly what it is. The article claims this wasn't the case, but if it was, i would be pissed off at the jeep driver a bit more than those stupid kids.
    +1
    Well said. Plus, the Jeep driver can always play stupid even if he did do it on purpose. The cops would never know. I mean, who would believe two racers over a 'normal' driver.

Quote Originally Posted by magikman
    Also, for most cars... it's hard to judge when another car is going 120mph(especially when glancing in the review mirror)...
    If you have no depth perception. I'm not saying I could guess within 1mph of the speed of a car coming up behind me, but it's not that hard to tell a car that is coming up on you, is going well over the speed limit.
    But, on your behalf, there are countless drivers out there that have their mirrors incorrectly adjusted (or broken), or they could be like the myriad of retard drivers here in Nashville, yakking away on their cell phone when they changed lanes, or putting on their makeup (I've seen it happen), OR worse yet, and one of my biggest pet peeves, they didn't use their turn signals (which most drivers think are just optional) when they changed lanes (which may have caught the racer's eye and given him just enough warning to slow down).
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

what I'm saying is it's the opinion of the person who posted originally that the jeep "decided" to cut them off for fun. that's BS. if someone is street racing, and going balls out on a public road, people around them usually don't anticipate such jackasses and drive as if there aren't jackasses on the road.

You think he had a grin on his face when f-nut hit the tree at 100 or whatever? I'm sure he didn't. No one likes to see a kid die, but if he's going to drive like a freakin retard, I'm gratified in this case that he didn't take anyone to heaven/hell/neither with him.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan

Peachypumpkincheeks

Interesting how we heard this same story in another thread and reacted differently:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...=133909&page=3 (Starting from Post #55)

Honestly, however it happened, that sucks. I don't know what really happened (obviously none of us do) but my sympathy is with those who were physically injured (or killed) and those who will be emotionally affected.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

They had some thing similar happen in western MD a few years back. 2 people were racing on a dual highway and a woman, supposedly a teacher, pulled out in front and was struck and died on impact.

In defense of the "average" driver pulling out at an intersection. You're use to the road and you're assuming that everyone is oberying the law, -maybe- going +10 over the limit, so you do your thing and pull out. But if some one is doing 2-3 times the legal limit, they're not watching out for this. Also, your average driver has never seen 100mph, let alone anything over that speed. They don't know how quickly something doing 120-140 mph can reach point b and they trust in the institution of local laws and limits on the road way. So saying some one intentionally pulled out infront of a speeding car could possibly be a misconception. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of ass holes out there that would enjoy doing that, but there are also people out there that are ignorant to the fact.

Trust me, I ride a bike...I'm automatically in the habit of assuming everyone on the road wants me dead or doesn't know I'm there. It's saved my ass on my bike and in my car. I'm no saint my self and have seen speeds 150+, but of course, that was in my "younger" days and since then anything over 120 has been on the track. I can usually tell when a car is hauling ass and I'm sure most people on here can as well. But we're auto sport -enthusiast-, not "average" drivers.
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?

i just told the story the way i heard it from first hand experience. The kid that died was a friend of my brother, my cousin, and a lot of my friends. I just shared what i heard, plus... what exactly happened will never be known... probably. There are always two sides of the story, and it could have been very well that the guy in the jeep did not quite understand at the speeds the kids were driving and did accidently pull in... or he could have been those dumbasses who barely stop and try pulling into traffic as fast as they can without caring about cars already in traffic... trust me, this happens to me all the time. regardless, its a sad occurance.
    my R32 on CarDomain

Golf R32
    2004 SL500
    2000 M5 - SS exhaust, Xpipe, AFE Cold Air Intakes, Proj39 Angel Eyes, Carbon Fiber kidney grills, LED taillights... 111mph traps. soon, dinan ecu upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by dsel
    what I'm saying is it's the opinion of the person who posted originally that the jeep "decided" to cut them off for fun. that's BS. if someone is street racing, and going balls out on a public road, people around them usually don't anticipate such jackasses and drive as if there aren't jackasses on the road.

You think he had a grin on his face when f-nut hit the tree at 100 or whatever? I'm sure he didn't. No one likes to see a kid die, but if he's going to drive like a freakin retard, I'm gratified in this case that he didn't take anyone to heaven/hell/neither with him.
    its very doubtful that someone driving with KIDS in the car (as per the article) would decide to cut off a sports car that was (allegedly) street racing. Obviously people who are close to the victims are going to place blame on someone besides the victims. It is a horrible thing that happened, and nobody deserves to die learning a lesson like that.
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

Registered User CyberneticEmcee's Avatar

Yeah

That was on memorial day. They cherokee didn't pull out in front of the car. The car crashed into a Honda accord. The car skid to the other side of the expressway in reverse and the rear bumper crashed into a jeep. The brothers where racing each other. Not trying to be mean but, that's what comes wit racing. You win some, you loose some or you get killed. Now the brother is gonna loose a lot of sleep. He is part responsible for his own brothers death. The car lost control, it didn't hit anything, it just lost control and spun out. Believe me, I feel bad, so people don't read this and say dude he is mean. I am saying all of us that race know we have a 50 50 chance everytime we race. STI, EVO, I don't give a crap if it's a GEO metro, you can crash and die. If there was a ride for him, I would particpate but that what happens. I have a 1 year old baby, sos I just let em go most of the time. It ain't worth it. I just had a friend fall off his R1 thinking he was superman also. I say to myself, my daughter is everything. I got to live. This is a sad story, I saw the wreckage and couldn't believe it. That is the second Impreza I seen twisted up. The first was a white one, It had crashed into a tree and the kid flew out the front window. SAW it with my own eyes. It was crazy, dude looked like a dummy flying out the car, and bounced off 2 trees, the kids bones had basically been turned to like broken glass size fragments. THESE ARE NOT TOYS, DON'T GET MAD AT THE PEOPLE WHO CUT YOU OFF BECAUSE EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. THAT PERSON THAT CUT YOU OFF MAY HAVE JUST SAVED YOUR LIFE. I ain't smokey the bear or anything, I just don't wanna see another SUBIE brother of ours killed. A LIFE in general lost to street racing. LAME STREET RACING. GET ON THE TRACK. REST IN PEACE KIDS, that is our prime exaple right there.
    Catch me in Chicago playin Biggie. The greatest emcee ever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12