Subaru WRX Forum banner

02 WRX wagon vs. 2000 Ford Lightning

879 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  gingertooth 
#1 · (Edited)
02 WRX wagon vs. 2001 Ford Lightning

EDIT: The Lightning is a 2001 which has the 380hp, rather than the 360hp in 2000.

A friend of mine has a 2001 Lightning. Now that I have a bit of work done to my wrx, we decided to give them a run on a back country road. We agreed to a 0-100 run, since these are around our trap speeds. That being said, my mods are erz downpipe, jdm sti uppipe, and cobb stage 2. I think I am having problems with my setup right now, but I am not sure....only a trip to the track will tell. Anyway, I obviously took him out of the hole with a 6kish rpm launch, and held him off until around 80mph, but he was pulling pretty well on me, enough to put 3/4 of a car on me by the time we hit 100 and shut down. I think they run 13.6-13.7ish at the track, and if this is the case, I am pretty happy with the outcome, since I would be right around that time. Would a 3" catback help enough for me to hold him off? I am trying to decide between that or a bigger TMIC and tune...but leaning toward the TMIC/tune because I like having the stock muffler, even though it will probably be much more expensive.

#2 ·
enjoyrth said:
EDIT: The Lightning is a 2001 which has the 380hp, rather than the 360hp in 2000.

A friend of mine has a 2001 Lightning. Now that I have a bit of work done to my wrx, we decided to give them a run on a back country road. We agreed to a 0-100 run, since these are around our trap speeds. That being said, my mods are erz downpipe, jdm sti uppipe, and cobb stage 2. I think I am having problems with my setup right now, but I am not sure....only a trip to the track will tell. Anyway, I obviously took him out of the hole with a 6kish rpm launch, and held him off until around 80mph, but he was pulling pretty well on me, enough to put 3/4 of a car on me by the time we hit 100 and shut down. I think they run 13.6-13.7ish at the track, and if this is the case, I am pretty happy with the outcome, since I would be right around that time. Would a 3" catback help enough for me to hold him off? I am trying to decide between that or a bigger TMIC and tune...but leaning toward the TMIC/tune because I like having the stock muffler, even though it will probably be much more expensive.

i wouldn't be suprised if it did. i certainly felt a very noticable difference when i did the catback. you should hold him off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.