First kill with my freshly Pro-tuned stage 2+
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on First kill with my freshly Pro-tuned stage 2+ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was leaving work this morning (6AM) and I pull onto the 4 lane divided rd heading home. As I ...

First kill with my freshly Pro-tuned stage 2+

I was leaving work this morning (6AM) and I pull onto the 4 lane divided rd heading home. As I am pulling away from the first set of lights I see a car in my rearview coming up very fast in my lane...You know the type, comes up hard on your rear when the other lane is open only to change lanes far too close to you and speed on.

As it turns out it is an Alero with huge chrome wheels (19" +) and an exhaust from what I can see. Of course I am praying we catch the next light....and low and behold the WRX God's answer me.

I roll up slow beside him and he starts inching ahead waiting for the light to turn, by the time we had a green he was already half way through the intersection and hard on it. Hammer first, shift into 2nd as I am passing...wind out 2nd shift to 3rd...look in rearview...bus lengths behind. Get off the gas and coast back down to the limit to get the obligatory ricer fly-by.

I love my new protune...I know really this wasn't even worth the wasted gas but he shouldn't have messed with the wagon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Haha Glad to see the wagons kicking ass up North!!!
    U think that was good you should have seen the look on the guy in the M3 today

So how much better is stage 2 than 1... I'm still awaiting my catless up and dp
    former suby driver... current saab driver

Quote Originally Posted by scott144
    ...Of course I am praying we catch the next light....and low and behold the WRX God's answer me....
    I'm in this situation 3-4 times a day during my daily 90 mile commute. People with big egos and slow cars trying to prove something. The gods never answer my wish, and those people get away with being a--holes. Its very frustrating.

I remember back when I had a slow POS neon. I would be in the same situation and always got trapped at the next light, not being able to do anything about the situation.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    I'm in this situation 3-4 times a day during my daily 90 mile commute. People with big egos and slow cars trying to prove something. The gods never answer my wish, and those people get away with being a--holes. Its very frustrating.

I remember back when I had a slow POS neon. I would be in the same situation and always got trapped at the next light, not being able to do anything about the situation.
    Crap 90 mi commute dou do this with the rex and if u do what to u get for miles to a tank... mostly highway

[QUOTE=So how much better is stage 2 than 1... I'm still awaiting my catless up and dp[/QUOTE]

I actually was stage 2 for almost 2 years. I just got my car Pro-tuned by Jon at TDC Tuning 2 weeks ago. I would highly reccomend a Pro-tune to any Cobb owner.

I actually was stage 2 for almost 2 years. I just got my car Pro-tuned by Jon at TDC Tuning 2 weeks ago. I would highly reccomend a Pro-tune to any Cobb owner.
    what numbers did you put down on a protuned stage 2??
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

I am still waiting on Jon to email me the dyno plot which I will post. I believe it was a little over 230hp/240tq.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    Nobody ever attempts that stuff on me. I've had maybe 2-3 cars try to race me this year. And I drive a lot (25-30k a year).

Scott, what octane? That number seems low.

93 octane...low? I haven't seen too many posted pro-tunes much higher than that.

What other mods are done to the car?

I'm thinking about getting my stage 2 protuned at TDC. I only live like 40 min. away from there. Is there a decent difference between the ots map stg2 vs. protuned stg2?
    NewEngland F4
    Pics, mods and other rides http://www.cardomain.com/ride/383213/1
    03 VF43'd WRX
    02 CBR 954RR
    87 Transam GTA

Quote Originally Posted by Jhawley
    Crap 90 mi commute dou do this with the rex and if u do what to u get for miles to a tank... mostly highway
    I do this in the Evo. Mileage varies between 24 and 28 mpg, depending on how often I go into boost. Yeah, its mostly highway.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    93 octane...low? I haven't seen too many posted pro-tunes much higher than that.
    230 whp is OTS map territory. I made just shy of 250 whp on 93 with a stage 2 equivalent.

Wow, 250 ....that is the highest I have ever seen...that is almost VF-34 territory. My Mods are up/downpipe (both catless), HKS Cat back, Hyperflow TMIC.

Differences between off the shelf map and Pro tune...definitely more torque down low, power delivery is butter smooth. My car used to be "spotty" it had a few areas in the RPM range where it ran great and other areas where it didn't. Now, it just keeps pulling...4th gear feels like what 3rd used to feel. Also, I was never able to hit target boost with my off the shelf map, I tried the HWG map and adjusted my wastegate arm but was never able to hit more than 15psi, now I consistantly see 16.5. Not to mention I get about 70 extra km per tank of gas now.

As for TDC, I can't reccomend them highly enough, especially if you live that close. I drove 6 hours both ways and feel it was worth every minute of it. Jon, the owner and tuner is an excellent fellow. He took the time to answer all my stupid questions and certainly took his time tuning my car. Total time was about 3 hours, at least 2.5 hours on the dyno (must have done at least a dozen pulls) and then a road tune to make sure everything was OK. Total cost was $300...in my opinion, the best $300 I have spent yet on modifying my car. Hell, with the price of gas these days I am sure the tune will pay itself off in less than 6 months.

Hopefuly, Jon will send me the dyno plot soon so I can post it up.

brfatal....what are your mods? what dyno was used? can you post your dyno plot?

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    My mods are listed in my profile. This was pre-motor swap. Tuned at FIS in McKinney and the readings were from a Mustang dyno. I'd post the dyno but my mom lost it when I lent it to her to scan it for me.

He took the time to answer all my stupid questions and certainly took his time tuning my car. Total time was about 3 hours, at least 2.5 hours on the dyno (must have done at least a dozen pulls) and then a road tune to make sure everything was OK. Total cost was $300..
    Youch! You got scrooged. One thing I love about Steve at FIS is that he always goes out of the way for his customers. It took him 1 1/2 hr to tune my car. Total bill: $125 (1 hr)
    Last edited by brfatal; 05-29-2006 at 10:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.