First kill with my freshly Pro-tuned stage 2+ - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on First kill with my freshly Pro-tuned stage 2+ within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't think I was 'Scrooged'. I think you just got a smoking good deal. Seeing as how people are ...

I don't think I was 'Scrooged'. I think you just got a smoking good deal. Seeing as how people are buying internet tunes for $150 I think 3 hours of tuning and many dyno pulls later for $300 is still a good deal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NIce kill. Wagons rock! I had the same thing happen the other day. Some mercedes with big chrome rims. I think it said amg on the back. I dunno, i dont know much about those cars. BUt he was tailgating me. So we hit the next light and i destroyed him. I hit about 80 and slammed on the brakes. He then did the 100 mph ricer flybye. I love the flybye..haha. P.s . This was all dont on a closed road and i do not agree with street racing.
    My money pit

Quote Originally Posted by scott144
    Wow, 250 ....that is the highest I have ever seen...that is almost VF-34 territory. My Mods are up/downpipe (both catless), HKS Cat back, Hyperflow TMIC.

Differences between off the shelf map and Pro tune...definitely more torque down low, power delivery is butter smooth. My car used to be "spotty" it had a few areas in the RPM range where it ran great and other areas where it didn't. Now, it just keeps pulling...4th gear feels like what 3rd used to feel. Also, I was never able to hit target boost with my off the shelf map, I tried the HWG map and adjusted my wastegate arm but was never able to hit more than 15psi, now I consistantly see 16.5. Not to mention I get about 70 extra km per tank of gas now.

As for TDC, I can't reccomend them highly enough, especially if you live that close. I drove 6 hours both ways and feel it was worth every minute of it. Jon, the owner and tuner is an excellent fellow. He took the time to answer all my stupid questions and certainly took his time tuning my car. Total time was about 3 hours, at least 2.5 hours on the dyno (must have done at least a dozen pulls) and then a road tune to make sure everything was OK. Total cost was $300...in my opinion, the best $300 I have spent yet on modifying my car. Hell, with the price of gas these days I am sure the tune will pay itself off in less than 6 months.

Hopefuly, Jon will send me the dyno plot soon so I can post it up.

brfatal....what are your mods? what dyno was used? can you post your dyno plot?
    Thanks for the info Scott.
    NewEngland F4
    Pics, mods and other rides http://www.cardomain.com/ride/383213/1
    03 VF43'd WRX
    02 CBR 954RR
    87 Transam GTA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.