Raced my co workers VW GTI
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced my co workers VW GTI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well i raced the guy i work with today. He has a VW GTI i think its debadged so im ...

Raced my co workers VW GTI

Well i raced the guy i work with today. He has a VW GTI i think its debadged so im not sure and i never really asked. Hes got alot of work done to it...nice sized turbo, injectors, some other stuff...said he had it on the dyno and it made 300 to the wheels. Hes been asking me to race since i came back to work. I have an 04 STi with Invidia catted DP, HKS Carbon Ti catback, and AP stage 2 - 93 oct. SO we get on the highway get in the slow lane till theres a good distance between us and the cars in front of us. We raced from about 60mph...as soon as the 3rd honk came i stomped on it. I blew out in front of him by like 1, 1.5 car lengths into 4th still in front of him by about half car length, when i shifted to 5th we were neck and neck until we reached about 110-115,thats were he started to walk me. Right as i shifted into 6th at about 120 he had probably 1 to 1.5 car lengths on me and then i had to shut it down cause we were rollin up on the other cars pretty quick. Then we had to pull over cause my hood wasnt all the way closed from when he wanted to see my engine in the parking lot...Pretty fast car said he put about 7-9 thousand into it...i thought i would have taken him the entire way but he started to walk me at 110-115. I think i would have i could have stayed in the lead if we started from a dead stop. Time to get protuned...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

All depends what type of turbo etc etc. My friends with a gt30r would of destroyed any stage 2 sti. Tuned or not.(the sti). He was also 1 car behind a viper once and beat a z06 off a roll (c5). Oh btw, stock internals on a 1.8t which is much more stronger then a ej20 or ej25. Of course 1st and 2nd gear were just useless.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Good runs.

No shame in losing to an upgraded turbo VW. Those cars make some great power on the stock internals. Too bad the rest of the cannot be as reliable as the motor
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Good runs.

No shame in losing to an upgraded turbo VW. Those cars make some great power on the stock internals. Too bad the rest of the cannot be as reliable as the motor

so true sadly. They always have electronical problems tranny problems etc etc. My friends was a 20thAe GTI , tranny was perfect still had some electronical problems.

Yeah he says his car gives him problams all the time, he has to sit in the lot until it warms up for like 5-10 even in summertime...or it wont run right...we'll see how i do when i get a protune...i think i can take him after that...sweet car though give him that...
    Invidia Catted DP, HKS Carbon Ti Catback, APS CAI, Perrin lightweight pulley, AP Stage 2 Protuned, cleared headlights, pillar less grill mod, red havac and key ring lights, Rota Revs Royal Black Falken RT-615's

Why did you shift into sixth?????????
    2007 urban gray STI. KTR Ecutek Re-Flash

5th only goes to like 120 and i was at like 118 or so...
    Invidia Catted DP, HKS Carbon Ti Catback, APS CAI, Perrin lightweight pulley, AP Stage 2 Protuned, cleared headlights, pillar less grill mod, red havac and key ring lights, Rota Revs Royal Black Falken RT-615's

Quote Originally Posted by Geekqualizer
    Why did you shift into sixth?????????

we have the shortest gears i've ever seen.

Btw, you would of probably done better and been heads up if you shifted at 6300-6500 range instead of redline depending what gear your in because you use ur torque more. People have done this while drag racing and works for better times and traps. Its like racing from a 60mph roll in a stage 2 sti, your better off in 4th instead of 3rd.

Yeah thats what i did...i have my rev limiter set at i think its 6300 so when i see it and i shift its at like 6500...so yeah i shifted at like 117-118 or so somthing like that...yeah i dont wait till redline cause you gotta shift before it cause theres more power waiting for you in the next gear...just was a little bit quicker...i know when i get it protuned ill be walking him...or from a dig right now i think i can beat him to 120mph

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.