Anyone raced any BMWs in their 06s yet? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Anyone raced any BMWs in their 06s yet? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex I am sure there are others as well, but I dont feel like and thinking ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    I am sure there are others as well, but I dont feel like and thinking and typing anymore. Basically, the if you are stage2 there are a lot of Bimmers you can play with from a dig and even a roll... The only ones to worry about from then on out would have to wearing an M-badge.
    I am going to make my girlfriend race me in her mother's car just to see what would happen. I figured that a stage 2 or higher WRX wouldn't have a problem with most 3 or 5 series beamers, but I was curious about a stock WRX.
    Car-less

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I ran from a 20MPH roll with a Dinan SC E36 M3 2 door to 100MPH. He got the jump on me but I quickly caught and passed him, he stayed at my rear bumper the whole way.

The E46 M3 isn't that fast either. The tiptronic shifts slow as hell. I caught and passed on in my E36 one day in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by FASSTI
    I ran from a 20MPH roll with a Dinan SC E36 M3 2 door to 100MPH. He got the jump on me but I quickly caught and passed him, he stayed at my rear bumper the whole way.

The E46 M3 isn't that fast either. The tiptronic shifts slow as hell. I caught and passed on in my E36 one day in DC.
    From the specs I have read on the E46 M3, they are pretty even with the STi's as far as 0-60 and the $.25 mile. One of my friends works with a guy that has an M3. I'd love to run him post-Cobb AP or UTEC one day. I would assume they have better top end and would start to walk an STi around 80-90.

TB,
    That sushi in your avatar isn't the 'Nagafuki' Suprise, is it? Haha.
    "It lay eggs now. Enjoy!"
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

I have Cobb Stage 1 and I've raced a 2005 330xi from a 60 roll and he destroyed me. He had a very slight jump on me but there was no denying that he was pulling. The power specs seem to be quite similar, I think the Bimmers just have better gearing. I have no idea if it was modded.

I also raced a Captain Cool Guy in a '90s M5 from a dig and absolutely crushed him until I let off at like 80mph.

havent raced a M yet but when i raced a reg 3 series it was a joke
    NEWENGLAND F4
    Mod List

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    I have Cobb Stage 1 and I've raced a 2005 330xi from a 60 roll and he destroyed me. He had a very slight jump on me but there was no denying that he was pulling. The power specs seem to be quite similar, I think the Bimmers just have better gearing. I have no idea if it was modded.
    They are capable of 97/98mph traps on average with the 6spd and some hitting 99/100 with the non-awd version. They are decently quick and it comes at no suprise that it pulled a stage1 wrx from a roll. Combination of better breathing, better gearing, and better powerband.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Busted M3 95' with cat-back
    Pulled 3 cars on 1/4
    TBE, CAI
    WRX wagon 06

I Support ClubWRX
    The 330i with an automatic should be no problem for an '06 WRX. The manual version should be a better match. Other than that, a new WRX should be able to handle 325i and 530i with ease. And I guess the 745i is kill-able if you drive well enough.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

i just had a run with an M coupe. quite a fun few seconds, but i haven't fully broken in my car yet, so i couldn't really redline it. i got him from the gate, first time i had launched in the wrx, but he ended up passing me after i got to third thanks to my short revs.

i see a rematch in my future...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12