WRX vs 350z, Trans Am, 4.6L GT, stg1 WRX and stg2 WRX

This is a discussion on WRX vs 350z, Trans Am, 4.6L GT, stg1 WRX and stg2 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well since the vf39 upgrade this past weekend I've been wanting to see how the car performed. I'm still only ...

WRX vs 350z, Trans Am, 4.6L GT, stg1 WRX and stg2 WRX

Well since the vf39 upgrade this past weekend I've been wanting to see how the car performed. I'm still only running a OTS TurboXS map but the car pulls hard.

Anyways I head out to a local spot even though it was a Tuesday night hoping to find someone out. I get down there and there is nothing but some low riders and a few jacked up 4x4's. I run the normal route and when I come up on this parking lot I see a badass blue 350z running on what had to be 19's and more then likely 20's, black with a nice deep dish chome lip. Had a loud ass exhaust to. This car was sweet looking. He was sitting next to a black T/A convert with a WS6 hood and wheels even though I think it was a lt1 (reasons for this later). Last in the pack was a white GT with a Cobra hood and exhaust. I drive by just as they are pulling onto the strip. Behind me is a blue Cobb STG2 WRX (I know the guy) and as I drive down a bit I see a silver 04 Cobb STG1 (also know the guy) who quickly swings around.

I drive a little slow waiting for the cars to pull up next to me but they seem to be hanging back. So I step on it to give them room thinking they wanted to race each other and I wasn't going to stick my nose in someone elses fight. But when I do they start gaining on me. Next think I know they are about 2 cars behind me and I her them get on it. I downshift into 2nd with the 350z going by me and the T/A right behind me and the GT back about 2 cars already. By the end of the bridge (about 90mph) I had reeled the 350z in and pulled 1 cars on him and the T/A was about 2 cars back with the GT no where in site.

So we turn the corner and come down one of the back roads with the 350z in front of me and the T/A behind me. The 350z pulls into the left lane and I hit the right but before I could get up along side him he nails it. I already was on the gas to get along side him so I just nailed it. I ended up pulling past him and putting about 1/2 car on him (stopped at about 75mph).

Next run was the two WRX's. the STG1 was along side me rolling about 40mph and the STG2 was behind us. The STG1 hit it and got the jump on me but I blew by him rather quick. The odd thing was the STG2 wasn't catching the STG1. In fact if I had to guess I would say the STG1 was pulling on him.

None of the races were what I would call good or ideal since someone always seemed to have the jump. But in the end I walked away happy with my upgrade. My goal is 300awhp (going with an EWG, Meth/Water injection and a tune next) and since I'm sitting at around 250awhp to 260awhp I can't imagin what another 40 to 50 awhp will feel like. this is going to be a fun summer I can tell.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

wow not what i expected any of the turn outs to be...nice kills and congrads on the vf39
    <<<<<<<< LOOK AT MY NAME!!! lol
    COBB stg II

Quote Originally Posted by jugger
    wow not what i expected any of the turn outs to be...nice kills and congrads on the vf39
    Well the 350z had an exhaust but looked more like he cared about flash then dash.

The T/A was a convertable and I'm 99.9% sure it was an lt1. So with the extra weight of the convertable and only an lt1 that would explain this.

The GT. Well they are just slow. Thank God Ford beefed up the new GT's.

Again what shocked me was the STG1 vs STG2. Unless the STG2 sold off some parts since the last time I saw him.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods