wrx vs Porsche 911 turbo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs Porsche 911 turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yes yes, it sounds absurd~ I was on my way back to work and a silver 911 pulls next to ...

wrx vs Porsche 911 turbo

Yes yes, it sounds absurd~

I was on my way back to work and a silver 911 pulls next to me. Since my car has the STi looks, maybe the driver of the 911 thought my car was a STi.
    We talked a bit at the traffic light and he wanted to see how my car performed against his~

From a dig he pulled about a car from the light. second and third he started to pull further away. DANG that thing pulls. We both had a good launch, but wow stupid of me to even try it.

As we approached 75mph we slowed down. He asked me to do a pull from 45 and I punched from 2nd gear, maybe he was in 2nd or third, not sure. All I can say, porschasss~ are the sh!t. I apoligize for my language, but I never had a chance to run against these cars. I'm honored for having a chance to race against him. LOL my dream car is the 911 turbo

Steve
    2004 WRX Java Black Pearl
    Stage " " TD05-16G external wastegate set up. Protuned by Rob@automaster of westchester.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

it has AWD and twice your horsepower and would probably cost you $130K when it's all said and done.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

it's not like I wanted to win....... All I wanted to see is how my ride perform against these great machines. Props to Porsche~ beautiful car, ONE DAY I WILL OWN ONE~!!!

Steve
    Stage " " TD05-16G external wastegate set up. Protuned by Rob@automaster of westchester.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

Nice death! Those are beutiful cars!!!
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

An honorable death.

New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    An honorable death.

+1
    I'm honored that he even gave me a chance~
    Steve
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

pschh! stoplight drag racing is a joke... when i had a lil vf22, i put all those guys to shame cuz i either kept up or pulled slightly. porsche, lamborghini, etc. throw an 18g, 20g, or GREEN on and you'll eat em up. but then again, they're still stock and you're maxed out, without building the engine or swapping it.

porsche turbo is nice, but for $130,000, I can get a barely used Ferrari 360. it works out though cuz my friend would get the Porsche, so best of both worlds! (and lamborghini's may look nice, but the seats hurt your back after a while)
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Hmm, i had no idea that the 18G, 20g or the Green would make that difference.
    I was thinking of getting the super 16G or the 18G. If that made the difference, I would love to give another try with them once again.

Steve
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

If you had an 06' you would have beaten him from the roll.

I will own a 911T someday... Oh yes, it will happen.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    If you had an 06' you would have beaten him from the roll.
    Um no... Fastest time I've seen for an '06 Stage 2 is 13.18@102mph. The 996 911 turbo runs the 1/4 mile in ~12.4@115mph!!!

There is an owner of a Stage 3 WRX (VF39 turbo, STI TMIC) who's gone 12.3@111mph. He may have stood a chance from a dig or a roll.
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

lol you guys are on crack if you think your beating or even hanging with a 911 turbo from a roll with stage 2 06 rex. a 20g STI would get spanked from a roll.
    You wanna shoot? shoot. Dont talk!

911t

911t's are quiet the orgasmo car. Any sort of mod involving higher boost or flow there-of; She'll be pumping out over 500 fwhp. Your going to need Serious Mods to Kiss its ass.

here we go

you need something like this to keep up.

www.wbrperformance.com/webstuff/wrxpiping.jpg

When I said the 06' would have beaten it I was making a joke.....
    Because so many members here with 06's think that it is the new fasAr!!!!!! and capable of anything on the topend.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by boostinmywrx
    you need something like this to keep up.

www.wbrperformance.com/webstuff/wrxpiping.jpg
    Or these, each with less than 300 whp...

http://www.zcar.com/month/2004/03/

http://www.zcar.com/month/2003/01/ <--this one has an N/A DUAL CARBED engine (but it's sprayed as well)
    EDIT: DOH!! It has triple Webers on it. I could have sworn it had dual SUs. My bad. I'm a dumbass.

http://www.zcar.com/month/2002/05/ (and this one would destroy the 911)
    Last edited by mike05STi; 05-25-2006 at 09:53 AM.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.