wrx vs Porsche 911 turbo - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs Porsche 911 turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my friends dad has the 996 turbo x50, and i'm pretty sure it will destroy just about anything. I was ...

my friends dad has the 996 turbo x50, and i'm pretty sure it will destroy just about anything. I was in a 415whp bugeye, and that was just about as fast.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no stage 2 sti, wrx or 06' wrx could ever even keep up with a 911 turbo. not even close.

sick

Those cars are sick, I thought we were talking about sub's. But hell ya they would beat a 911t.

Ive raced two in my car. One was the slightly older turbo 911 with 400hp and the other the newer with the 415hp I believe. The 400hp one I raced from a dig, and I had a car til about 80 90 then it got close. With the 415hp one we were both rolling it was much closer basically us pulling side by side. I was making about 330 340awhp with my old 1820 fmi setup on race gas. The jdm six spd was a big help tho keeping me in boost. Now with my new setup I plan to just outright smoke em..

Don-
    Don-
    03' Sedona Red Pearl WRX **FOR SALE**
    Built axis 2.5, Rotated GT35R kit .82 with a JDM Six spd 500+awhp on race 400awhp on pump
    2007 Mustang GT 5 spd
    2007 Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Quote Originally Posted by beecha91
    Ive raced two in my car. One was the slightly older turbo 911 with 400hp and the other the newer with the 415hp I believe. The 400hp one I raced from a dig, and I had a car til about 80 90 then it got close. With the 415hp one we were both rolling it was much closer basically us pulling side by side. I was making about 330 340awhp with my old 1820 fmi setup on race gas. The jdm six spd was a big help tho keeping me in boost. Now with my new setup I plan to just outright smoke em..

Don-

Yea, he's done

my cousin has a 911 ( non turbo 40th anniv. )
    when i was over at his place we went out on PCH just to have a little fun. In all honesty, i was able to keep up with him, and or pass him on most of the runs.. and you figure even though it is a regular carrera ( non-s ) it can still take off.

my cousin isn't a bad driver either ( so dont say that was the cause) , he came from an e46 M3 which he beautifully modified.

and after we traded cars to try again, he had the same results in my car.

go figure huh? our little ~$20k cars can keep up with 'ze germans!
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

O I Agree

If it aint turbo.....your right it wont take much if anything to keep up/ pass him... They are gorgeous cars..but not best bang for your buck. If i had the money i'd buy one for sure.

These cars are amazing. If there is anything that I don't like about them, i think it would be the driver.

Buying a porsche is not that difficult. IMHO, in order to own one, everything around you should be equivalent to these cars. In other words, I can't get a Porshe 911 turbo and live in an apt paying rent. I hope I'm not offending anyone. This is just my opinion. This is a typical scene in Korea. Some of my friends live in a POS place and drive BMW's and other imports. I just think it's not right.

Steve
    2004 WRX Java Black Pearl
    Stage " " TD05-16G external wastegate set up. Protuned by Rob@automaster of westchester.
    NJIC#38
    Mods, pics

word

I see what ya mean. Could we officially say that yea its a great car but not worth the money...

a Porsche is worth every penny, turbo or otherwise

even a base 911 > Stage 26 STi.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    a Porsche is worth every penny, turbo or otherwise

even a base 911 > Stage 26 STi.
    + 05802570475043572985285-234
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I like the 911T's. The other 911's just don't do it for me but the turbo just looks right. I could see having it as a daily driver someday.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by STiPwrSlide
    lol you guys are on crack if you think your beating or even hanging with a 911 turbo from a roll with stage 2 06 rex. a 20g STI would get spanked from a roll.
    Bah. They trap about 115 mph. It's simple: If you trap better, you won't lose. I do have to say that Subaru 6spd's have horrible gearing and you'd have trouble on the topend not because of power production but because they have you shifting into top gear at only 120 mph. My old 92 Stealth 5spd would do that at the top of third.

My 95 Stealth equaled a 911 Turbo's runs although I was 4-5 mph slower we crossed the 1/4 within a couple of hundredths of a second. Not bad for a 4000lb car on stock turbos with only a downpipe, mbc, and fuel upgrades.

Sure, they're nice cars but what isn't when you've spent over $100k? I don't consider them some special vehicle built of "unobtanium". Honestly, if it were my $100k, I'd choose a twin turbo v12 Mercedes coupe and have some style with my speed.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M
    Bah. They trap about 115 mph. It's simple: If you trap better, you won't lose. I do have to say that Subaru 6spd's have horrible gearing and you'd have trouble on the topend not because of power production but because they have you shifting into top gear at only 120 mph. My old 92 Stealth 5spd would do that at the top of third.

My 95 Stealth equaled a 911 Turbo's runs although I was 4-5 mph slower we crossed the 1/4 within a couple of hundredths of a second. Not bad for a 4000lb car on stock turbos with only a downpipe, mbc, and fuel upgrades.

Sure, they're nice cars but what isn't when you've spent over $100k? I don't consider them some special vehicle built of "unobtanium". Honestly, if it were my $100k, I'd choose a twin turbo v12 Mercedes coupe and have some style with my speed.

there is something i think your missing here john m. they don't charge you a ridiculous amount of money for nothing. a 06 stage rex nor a 06 stage sti would never even come close to a 911 turbo. it far superior. sorry. it is a beast. 0-60 is nothing. track racing is where it's at. and a 911 turbo would never be caught by sti. unless it had a load of work done to it in which a modded 911 turbo would stil never be caught. 911s rule. you must be on crack.

I know they're very good on the track. However, I don't do any roadracing so that wouldn't really do anything for me in a daily driver. In real-world driving, the kind that doesn't get you reckless driving convictions, the STi could do anything I'd ever want to attempt.

They're two different cars, aimed at two different markets. I just don't start bowing when somebody says they have a Porsche. At least the 911 is a real car - don't get me started on that Boxter / Cayman crap.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.