My new WRX vs. my old GSR Hatch
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My new WRX vs. my old GSR Hatch within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I just bought a new 03 WRX, completely stock b/c I wanted to start my own car. Well I ...

My new WRX vs. my old GSR Hatch

So I just bought a new 03 WRX, completely stock b/c I wanted to start my own car. Well I also have a 97 hatch with a GSR motor in it you know prolly runs about mid 14s or so. Well the day I got my new WRX I picked up one of my buddies to drive my honda and another buddy to video tape the race. I didnt want to go from a dig b/c I didnt know how to launch, so we went from a first gear roll about 20mph or so. I just told him to go and I will go off of his reaction. So he jumped on me but by the time i got through first i was right back with him hood to hood. Through 2nd gear I was about a car and a half and then gained about another half car in third. It was fun I was happy for my new car.

I also raced an Acura RSX from a 2nd gear roll. Well that thing could not have been stock b/c through 2nd I was about half a car ahead of him and then through 3rd he was about 3 cars ahead of me. I know that a WRX would beat a stock RSX. I think it was boosted I thought I could hear the bov and spooling wg but maybe he is spraying or something.

Screw drag racing I like to rally race with my car. Minimum maintenance roads and gravel are fun.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStallion
    So I just bought a new 03 WRX, completely stock b/c I wanted to start my own car. Well I also have a 97 hatch with a GSR motor in it you know prolly runs about mid 14s or so. Well the day I got my new WRX I picked up one of my buddies to drive my honda and another buddy to video tape the race. I didnt want to go from a dig b/c I didnt know how to launch, so we went from a first gear roll about 20mph or so. I just told him to go and I will go off of his reaction. So he jumped on me but by the time i got through first i was right back with him hood to hood. Through 2nd gear I was about a car and a half and then gained about another half car in third. It was fun I was happy for my new car.

I also raced an Acura RSX from a 2nd gear roll. Well that thing could not have been stock b/c through 2nd I was about half a car ahead of him and then through 3rd he was about 3 cars ahead of me. I know that a WRX would beat a stock RSX. I think it was boosted I thought I could hear the bov and spooling wg but maybe he is spraying or something.

Screw drag racing I like to rally race with my car. Minimum maintenance roads and gravel are fun.

What mods are on the B18 hatch? Just the motor or supporting bolt on's?

Also, I highly doubt the RSX-S was boosted. If it was boosted it would have seriously left you by bus lengths. Stock RSX-S and stock WRX are a very close race from a roll. They also respond rather well to mods, so if he was running intake/header/exhaust that would be why he put 3 cars on you by the end of 3rd.

Also, be careful doing "fun" driving on gravel roads. The wrx paint sucks ass and often the wind alone will cause chips let along gravel... You could have some serious chip problems if you are not careful driving on gravel a wrx.

Glad you are enjoying the car though
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

The gsr motor is completely stock with a new clutch and i/h/e.

Yeah I was also wondering that about my gravel driving but I figured the car is up pretty high at stock height so I wasnt as worried about it but I will have to take it easy a lil bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStallion
    The gsr motor is completely stock with a new clutch and i/h/e.

Yeah I was also wondering that about my gravel driving but I figured the car is up pretty high at stock height so I wasnt as worried about it but I will have to take it easy a lil bit.
    Regardless of ride height... I would still be VERY worried about it if you care about the appearance of your wrx.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.