Raced my friends MONSTER MIATA last night... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Raced my friends MONSTER MIATA last night... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by scoob Yeah it probably handles like brap, but man the striaght line would be stupid crazy! think ...

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Yeah it probably handles like brap, but man the striaght line would be stupid crazy! think of the power to weight ratio! I saw one at a local get together a year ago. It was red with two white rally stripes. Man the hood was so big I wounder how the driver could see in front of him, ii sounded awesome though, and comes off like a Japanese Shelby Cobra.

Billy Blanks
    Yeah, those types of setups are def. cool. We have an LS1 FC RX7 roming around Chicago. He not running any boost yet and runs consistant 11's supposedly.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Yeah it probably handles like brap, but man the striaght line would be stupid crazy! think of the power to weight ratio! I saw one at a local get together a year ago. It was red with two white rally stripes. Man the hood was so big I wounder how the driver could see in front of him, ii sounded awesome though, and comes off like a Japanese Shelby Cobra.

Billy Blanks
    Ehhh, according to this guy's website, it still handles pretty damn well...enought to pull .92gs on the skidpad. It also says that the conversion adds about 250lbs to the front. You could get an aluminum intake and heads (if the 5.0 doesn't come with them already), and other little stuff, and bring the weight down even more.

http://www.monstermiata.com/Monster_Miata_Faq.asp
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Wow. If you can get that thing to handle it would be hard to beat. A true Japanese Shelby Cobra!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

I Support ClubWRX
    Stock 302's have a alum. intake but cast iron heads. I'm sure if he built the motor through he went with alum. intake and heads. The extra weight of the 302 isnt really that much at all. 427 cobras were able to handle very well and the big block weighted alot more then the 302 ever did.

The extra weight on the front isnt idea but it by no means makes it a horrible car. If the rear is setup right it sh ould handle very very well.

And on a side note if he's adding the Nitrous I doubt he's very serious about road racing/auto crossing anyway. These are mean little cars.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

the idea is nothing new... they've been running Supercharged V8's in miata's in Australia for a long time now. its a whole dedicated racing series to these miata's... that said, these things still handle extremely well. miata's are difficult cars to get extreme drift angles in cuz they are so stable.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    the idea is nothing new... they've been running Supercharged V8's in miata's in Australia for a long time now. its a whole dedicated racing series to these miata's... that said, these things still handle extremely well. miata's are difficult cars to get extreme drift angles in cuz they are so stable.
    I've heard the same thing about the 1stgen Datsun Z cars. They do have a 50/50 weight distribution. I guess that's why we never see the old Z cars or Miatas in drift contests...thank God.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX
    Yeah, I think I saw one in a magazine some ten years ago.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Well... here it is. This is the Monster Miata I mentioned in this thread. it has a 5.0 liter v8 from a Ford mustang in place of the old 4 cylinder. Currently he is putting out about 350rwhp and after hitting the track this weekend we will find out his 1/4 mile time (probably around ~11.5) with bad traction.

It goes into the body show next week for new paint, to fill the holes and to replace the spoiler.

Finally in a few weeks he is installing nitrous... about a 200 shot progressive system starting at 50hp and working to 200hp at the end of the run.

The car weighs in at 2550lbs. :laugh:

VIDEO LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6YmO-DbN4
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

That exhaust is BEGGING for some Flowmasters. It's too quiet. It's not like he's going to fool anyone with the quiet exhaust as long as that three feet high 'there's a beast under here' hood cowl is on the car. <--with that said, aren't there any lower profile intake plenums for the 5.0?
    -Albert Einstein

-Ronald Reagan

wow that's great.

I bet that catches a lot of people that say "look at this ricers hood" off guard.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    wow that's great.

I bet that catches a lot of people that say "look at this ricers hood" off guard.
    i think that was originally what he was going for, but now he is getting it cleaned up to look nice.

Its incredibly fast, I got a ride today and saw my life flash before my eyes. Makes my stage 2 sti feel like a slug.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    <--with that said, aren't there any lower profile intake plenums for the 5.0?
    i asked him the same question and he said the area of the cowl closest to the windshield isnt needed, but the halfway point of the hood is raised to fit the engine underneath. he isnt going to bother getting a different hood... i thought he should though. oh well
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

Padge,
    You wrote that the Miata weighed in at 2550? Was that with him in it and a full tank of gas? I could have sworn they weigh stock just under 2100 lbs. I also read on the monster miata website like I posted in this thread earlier that the 5.0 adds about 250 lbs. So it would be about right if he was in it with a tank of gas.
    My 240Z should weigh about that much when I'm done with it. <--maybe I'll come find your friend when I do get it done.
    -Albert Einstein

-Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    Padge,
    You wrote that the Miata weighed in at 2550? Was that with him in it and a full tank of gas? I could have sworn they weigh stock just under 2100 lbs. I also read on the monster miata website like I posted in this thread earlier that the 5.0 adds about 250 lbs. So it would be about right if he was in it with a tank of gas.
    My 240Z should weigh about that much when I'm done with it. <--maybe I'll come find your friend when I do get it done.
    with the new motor, him and a full tank he is a "guestimating" 2550. he is going to a weigh station at some point, but until then we wont know for sure.
    Patrick
    2004 Java Black STi
    COBB Stage II
    Invidia G200 Exhaust
    Helix Catted downpipe
    K+N Typhoon Intake
    Tanabe GF210 Springs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.