How does an 06 WRX fair against a 06 Mustang GT? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on How does an 06 WRX fair against a 06 Mustang GT? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SilverSubaab You mean at the track...right? Man, i've seen this a hundred times. "you mean at the ...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSubaab
    You mean at the track...right?
    Man, i've seen this a hundred times. "you mean at the track right?" Like noones ever done it on the street from this forum. (ugh!!) I dont support street racing, but if i see a car on the road and no traffic at all, ill race the bastard, im not gonna ask him if he wants to drive 100-200km to a track for 1 minute. Again, i dont support DUMB street ricers, but a legit no traffic straight go, im down neday.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    +1

also, STi = more $ than GT, you *better* be faster at the track... stock.

...and therefore every stock car more expensive than an STi *better* be faster than an STi at the track
    Last edited by STI-51; 05-21-2006 at 04:48 PM.
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, start.

Quote Originally Posted by STI-51
    ...and therefore every stock car more expensive than an STi *better* be faster than an STi at the track
    If your going to make a comparison between two performance cars, cost DOES enter into it. And I am not talking about a grand or so difference. We are talking more along the lines of 8 grand or so, (depending on how bad the dealer screws you or you screw the dealer). Thats alot of money for mods...

As far as your question, if you had said: "...and therefore every stock perfromance car more expensive than an STi *better* be faster than an STi at the track" I would have responded with a qualified "yes". And all without casting dispersions on your sanity or state of mind.

Don't get me wrong, I love the STi, I think it is an awesome machine and I wish I had one. We all love our cars, but some of us love them blindly...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

I ran an 06 GT from around 20 up to 80ish, and put about 3 cars on him.

I wasnt pleasant to the gears, and didnt let up all the way on the shift, so I pulled a lil bit each time he shifted.

He pulled up afterward, and said 'wtf do you have done, I havent lost a race yet.'

Mods in sig...

I think I was just a more agressive driver, and thats why I took him.
    05 Saab 92x - GTSpec II Header / UPpipe, Stromung Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, MadDad 3rd Cat Eliminator, MadDad Whisper Catback, Crucial Racing Cooling Kit, Defi D-Link Boost (PSI) & EGT (Farenheit) Gauges in Autometer Bezel Pod, Kenwood AV System, Cold Package, Sport Package.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolloans
    ???

It's laps times would be much closer to an STi's.
    I'm not so sure they would. Don't get me wrong, the new GT is a FAR cry over the last generation but they aren't quite up to the Evo or STi around a road course, at least not stock for stock. Definitely an improvement over last gen though.
    2005 Aspen White STi

???

Stock for stock, an 06 GT will destroy a STOCK WRX around a road course...

Maybe a 17 year old learning stick in an STi would make them close on a track. A stock 06 WRX would still probably beat it around a track. The new Mustang handles very well, but still will have to go into a turn slower, go through it slower than an STi and will have to brake *much* earlier due to its significantly worse brakes.

It also will have to exit any corner later under hard throttle unlike the slingshot the STi will do, and the STi is faster in a strait away.
    Last edited by Gloveperson; 05-27-2006 at 12:06 AM.
    04 Silver STi M6

???

Stock for stock, an 06 GT will destroy a STOCK WRX around a road course...

Uh..... No.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12