Rematch granted
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rematch granted within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My little brother and I ran from a 20mph roll before when my WRX was still stock... the outcome... I'm ...

AP stg 2 WRX vs. SRT-4

My little brother and I ran from a 20mph roll before when my WRX was still stock... the outcome... I'm walked on as if I'm not trying!

Now, 8 months later... my car is upgraded to AP stage 2 2005 WRX, with newly installed Helix TMIC, against my little brother's 2005 SRT-4 (stock).

-- From a 60mph roll (3rd gear)...
    I surprisingly pulled quite well from him, ending with 1-2 car length in the middle of 4th, continously pulling. So, we tried once more, but it ended with the same result.

-- From 20mph roll (1st gear)...
    My WRX outran the SRT-4 very well at this condition. I pulled so well that I can see his headlights on my rearview mirror... that's probably approx. 3 car lengths.

The outcome of these runs really surprised me a lot! I thought that AP stage 2 upgrade will only make up the difference between a stock WRX to an upgraded one, judging from how bad it was the first time we got at it. Now I know how much difference is between stock and AP stage 2 WRX. I'm happy to see the improvement, literally; not just in dyno graphs!
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 05-15-2006 at 12:22 PM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice job dude, man you make me want stage 2 even more...........

get ur bro at stg II and race again
    NEWENGLAND F4
    Mod List

Quote Originally Posted by HoRnYTuRbO
    That'd be over for me!

I'm very familiar with SRT-4's, I know what they're capable of. It's just from my personal expectation, I was way off and didn't expect to do quite well.

your bro must be a really bad driver. Is'nt the AP 2 only throwing down 224 WHP? About what a stock srt-4 puts down? even with your upgraded intercooler and up pipe, i highly doubt what gains you got would help you with the weight differnce in the srt.

So why not race him from a dig?

Or does he know he would be your lady friend

Quote Originally Posted by HoRnYTuRbO
    Then just go stage 2.5 and you will have no problem
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by DTFH3030
    your bro must be a really bad driver. Is'nt the AP 2 only throwing down 224 WHP? About what a stock srt-4 puts down?
    I highly doubt him being a bad driver. Just exactly how you become a bad driver, especially from roll... shift 1k sooner from the redline, mis-shifting every gear?

I'd understand if we were coming from a dig... those things are not so easy to put the power down to the ground being a FWD car. And not all AP stg 2 putting the same whp to the ground. Even I myself don't know how much I'm putting down.

even with your upgraded intercooler and up pipe, i highly doubt what gains you got would help you with the weight differnce in the srt.
    And your point would be... I should've lost?... didn't have a chance?... your flagging a BS?... list could on... ??? I've always thought that win is a win and I don't understand what you're getting at here... you could try to prove me wrong though. But that would just waste our time, would it? That or we're so used to seeing SRT-4 winning it all the time.
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 05-16-2006 at 03:58 PM.

Cool.
    So then essentially they are calling bs? A stage2 wrx beating a stock srt4 doesn't seem that unlikely to me, no where near the realm of unlikely warranted to call it bs. I mean he has no reason to lie about it, absolutely none.

Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX
    I highly doubt him being a bad driver. Just exactly how you become a bad driver, especially from roll... shift 1k sooner from the redline, mis-shifting every gear?

I'd understand if we were coming from a dig... those things are not so easy to put the power down to the ground being a FWD car. And not all AP stg 2 putting the same whp to the ground. Even I myself don't know how much I'm putting down.

And your point would be... I should've lost?... didn't have a chance?... your flagging a BS?... list could on... ??? I've always thought that win is a win and I don't understand what you're getting at here... you could try to prove me wrong though. But that would just waste our time, would it? That or we're so used to seeing SRT-4 winning it all the time.
    you answered your own question like a million and a half times. all i said was your brother is a bad driver. you don't have to miss a gear to be a bad driver, he could be shifting slow as fuk. who said that all stage 2 were throwing the exact number down? even if there not it's probably just from different dynos, weather conditions, or even heat soaked intercoolers. Most likely they will be performing the same.

^^^

even with your upgraded intercooler and up pipe, i highly doubt what gains you got would help you with the weight differnce in the srt.
    What do you mean by this? I'm given the impression that I'm BS'ing this thread.

all i said was your brother is a bad driver.
    And how can you pass on judgement because of the outcome of the runs? Have you seen him drive? Were you there during our runs? Obviously not! Then don't pass on judgement!

Once again... you're welcome to prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 05-16-2006 at 05:07 PM.

^^^

And how can you pass on judgement because of the outcome of the runs? Have you seen him drive? Were you there during our runs? Obviously not! Then don't pass on judgement!

if i beat a stage 2 wrx with my mediocre driving skills, then your brother should be able to do it also, if he doesn't suck at driving.

^^^

yeah nevermind... i just typed out a whole thing then reread the post. your car traps a tick higher then a stock srt4 ur 102ish to a 100ish of a stock srt4. you won by just a car or 2. thats how it should of went. good job.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 05-16-2006 at 05:52 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

if i beat a stage 2 wrx with my mediocre driving skills, then your brother should be able to do it also, if he doesn't suck at driving.
    I see! So you drive one... tell me, what do you think he's doing wrong that makes him a bad driver? Tell me exactly, then I will declare this whole thread as BS! I am very perplexed at your claim... I have no idea how you can say what you just said.
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 05-16-2006 at 06:05 PM.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    I do not see a problem. I have been beat by a Stage 2 WRX in my stock SRT-4. I am a very good driver as well. And my car runs very good.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.