Rematch granted - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Rematch granted within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Congrats on the kill, it sounds very believable with your list of mods....

Congrats on the kill, it sounds very believable with your list of mods.
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Death To Ricers
    I do not see a problem. I have been beat by a Stage 2 WRX in my stock SRT-4. I am a very good driver as well. And my car runs very good.
    I've beaten two SRT-4s from a mid roll before in my stock STi. Aren't Stg2 WRXs nearly as fast as STis from a roll? It seems plausible to me.
    2005 Aspen White STi

You cant say that a AP stage 2 has no chance of beating him, thats just stupid.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

dth303lasjsldfjsd fwhateveryourname is, your not making anyfriends.

but it's easy to tell youdrivetehfastAR.

maybe the stage2 wrx you raced was the bad driver in your case? did you consider that?
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

Quote Originally Posted by Fahren
    dth303lasjsldfjsd fwhateveryourname is, your not making anyfriends.

but it's easy to tell youdrivetehfastAR.

maybe the stage2 wrx you raced was the bad driver in your case? did you consider that?
    Hmm... good point!

This goes out to DTFH3030... I won the race, END OF STORY! Thanks for making this thread a bit more interesting!
    Last edited by Me&05WRX; 05-17-2006 at 11:08 PM.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    I drive teh fAstAr and I do not act like a jerk. But then again I did drive the WRX before teh FaStAr!!!
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

i was also under the impression that an untuned Stage 2 would put down about the same as a stock SRT, which is what the original poster admitted to in the beginning. so i don't see the big controversy here, especially when he beat the SRT so decisively.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

yep seems like a good race to me. now go find one with a 5 dollor spring mod. doh, uber cheap 15-20hp.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    yep seems like a good race to me. now go find one with a 5 dollor spring mod. doh, uber cheap 15-20hp.
    haha yup.

Good kill. Ever since I killed one from a roll several months ago I've been wondering if it was just me or what. So recently, after installing a 62mm throttle body on my friend's SRT we went out and raced. Stage 2 wagon vs another srt-4 There's the link, and he also has an AEM intake, 3" turbo back exhaust, and the mopar stage 1 computer. It was fun.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

yeah the guy you raced and the stock srt mentioned in the original thread are only. 100bucks away if done properly for another 30whp! or you can do the same thing ghetto for less than 5bucks! these guys need to unlock the power! anyway. good times tho.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    yeah the guy you raced and the stock srt mentioned in the original thread are only. 100bucks away if done properly for another 30whp! or you can do the same thing ghetto for less than 5bucks! these guys need to unlock the power! anyway. good times tho.
    If you're talking about a different wastegate actuator he had an AGP one, which we had spiking up to about 18 and falling off to about 14 at redline. It studdered like crazy when you first got on the gas though and gas mileage went to hell with it. I think he said he was averaging about 16mpg with it on there. Stock wastegate on the SRT is about like the one on the WRX....it sucks and makes the boost come on really slow.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

Quote Originally Posted by JasoNeon
    If you're talking about a different wastegate actuator he had an AGP one, which we had spiking up to about 18 and falling off to about 14 at redline. It studdered like crazy when you first got on the gas though and gas mileage went to hell with it. I think he said he was averaging about 16mpg with it on there. Stock wastegate on the SRT is about like the one on the WRX....it sucks and makes the boost come on really slow.

Jason

yeah thats the price you pay for the extra power. the studder comes come over spooling the turbo and well more boost means more fuel. less gas milage. my car gets gallons to the mile when its floored. litterly a quarter tank (3-4gallons) in 7-8 drag strip passes.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

One of the SRT guys chime in here if I'm I'm wrong, but weren't the first year SRT-4s slower than the newer ones? I seem to remember them originally being like 210-ish hp or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skunkers
    One of the SRT guys chime in here if I'm I'm wrong, but weren't the first year SRT-4s slower than the newer ones? I seem to remember them originally being like 210-ish hp or something like that.
    2003's dyno'd at 215ish....

04's got the Mopar Stage 1 injectors and dyno'd 225ish....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast