06 wrx AP vf39 93oct vs 03-04 Mach 1 lightly modded

This is a discussion on 06 wrx AP vf39 93oct vs 03-04 Mach 1 lightly modded within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, I was cruising our local strip a couple of times tonight when I pulled up next to a Mach ...

06 wrx AP vf39 93oct vs 03-04 Mach 1 lightly modded

Ok, I was cruising our local strip a couple of times tonight when I pulled up next to a Mach 1 at the light. Rather than race him there, I let him pull off and got behind him, and put my blinker on to enter a local desolate highway. He seemed mostly stock with an exhaust. Don't know what else he had.

So anyway, he rides about 55 miles an hour until I get up next to him. When I got right to his door, I heard his engine rev a little, so I hit it (I was in 3rd) I got the jump a little, and continued to pull him through the end of 3rd (95ish) before I hit the brakes. I was about 2-3 cars ahead.

We slowed up, and raced again, this time he got the jump a little. We went from about 45 and I was in second. I immediately began to pull him, shifted into third pulled a little more and then, BLAAAAAAT.....I hit fuel cut and my stupid check engine light came on. The code it threw was "wastegate solenoid range" or 0244. At the time my car hit fuel cut, I was about 1/2-1 car in front of him.

Anyway, at the next interchange we gave the thumbs up and split ways.

Anyway, thought I would share.
    Last edited by StupidMan; 05-13-2006 at 08:39 AM.
    stupidman has spoken

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good run.

I had a friend with an 04' Mach 1 running bolt on's. That car sounded mean as hell and was extremely fun to ride in.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Just out of curiosity, what do 06 WRX with VF39 trap in 1/4?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX
    Just out of curiosity, what do 06 WRX with VF39 trap in 1/4?
    Not sure if many have run it yet, but stage 2 sti's are hitting 110+ with good drivers. I would assume 06 w/vf39 it is similar. Maybe a tick or two faster than the sti since we won't be changing gears as often.

As far as the Mach 1 I just saw a post on a mustang forum where a guy went 12.7x at 108 with an exhaust and shifter. Good Stock #'s they are getting 13.1x at 104ish.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Good run.

I had a friend with an 04' Mach 1 running bolt on's. That car sounded mean as hell and was extremely fun to ride in.
    Thanks!

No doubt one of the better sounding cars ive heard. Sounded demonic. Very metallic and raspy. I would own one just for the noises that thing made.
    Honestly I started to get intimidated just hearing it in front of me before we got to the highway.
    Last edited by StupidMan; 05-13-2006 at 08:31 AM.
    stupidman has spoken

A friend of mine has an 04 Mach 1 with exhaust. That is definately a nice car. With 3 people in the car it spun tires going into 4th Also going sideways is always fun
    Wheel Painting Guide
    Bugeye Mafia Mbr #86 Takin it to da matresses.....

Kennett Fire Company No. 1 Station 24

with my 06 and vf39 went 12.7 at 108. but i'm a learning driver. 60ft of 1.78

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Not sure if many have run it yet, but stage 2 sti's are hitting 110+ with good drivers. I would assume 06 w/vf39 it is similar. Maybe a tick or two faster than the sti since we won't be changing gears as often.

As far as the Mach 1 I just saw a post on a mustang forum where a guy went 12.7x at 108 with an exhaust and shifter. Good Stock #'s they are getting 13.1x at 104ish.

Thanks!

No doubt one of the better sounding cars ive heard. Sounded demonic. Very metallic and raspy. I would own one just for the noises that thing made.
    Honestly I started to get intimidated just hearing it in front of me before we got to the highway.
    Only one stg2 STi hit 110 and most people didn't believe him.
    Here is the thread on NASIOC http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1001887

Most are hitting 105-106ish area.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by shortyswrx
    with my 06 and vf39 went 12.7 at 108. but i'm a learning driver. 60ft of 1.78
    Great time!!! Do you have a timeslip you can post? What was your 1/8th mile split and trap?
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice. It's always good when you can take on and beat an 8 cylinder. Way to represent.

I'd like to shake the hand of the person who trapped 110 in a stage 2 STi. I managed a high 107 tops.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Upon further review, I came across 2 posts with 110 traps but no time slips. Most are 106-108.

YB were you protuned or base map? I would think you would certainly be hitting 108-110.
    stupidman has spoken

I Support ClubWRX
    Base stage 2 map. Snow tires to boot. I figure I was good for maybe a 109. I didn't see a 110 in the books. I only ran it twice at stage 2. I guess I get a little bored with the AWD launch and run...would rather be turning the twisties these days (I can hear my dad cringing all the way back in michigan as I speak). I know this may sound a little strange, but the AWD launch takes a bit of the fun and challenge out of it for me. It's almost a no brainer to get a good hole shot. Yeah, thats a good thing, but I miss the exhiliration of nailing a good launch with nothing but rear tires to power you. Even on slicks, you can screw it up. With the STi it was almost black box perfect.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Not sure if many have run it yet, but stage 2 sti's are hitting 110+ with good drivers.
    Did you dream that or just pull it out of your ass?

Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Did you dream that or just pull it out of your ass?

Check 1:20 Pm post.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Upon further review, I came across 2 posts with 110 traps but no time slips. Most are 106-108.

YB were you protuned or base map? I would think you would certainly be hitting 108-110.

Must I say this again ^
    stupidman has spoken