Stage 2 wagon vs another srt-4

This is a discussion on Stage 2 wagon vs another srt-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ever since I raced and beat an srt-4 with exhaust and intake (45mph - 90 I pulled 3 car lenghts) ...

Stage 2 wagon vs another srt-4

Ever since I raced and beat an srt-4 with exhaust and intake (45mph - 90 I pulled 3 car lenghts) I've been wondering if it was a fluke or my car is quicker than I think it is. My car is an 04 Wagon 5 speed with pretty 18" wheels, a gutted up-pipe, K&N drop in filter, Stromung 3" TBE (with 2 high flow cats), and the cobb accessport set on stage 2 93 octane. A friend of mine has an 04 srt-4 with a 3' TBE, AEM intake, Mopar Stage 1 and we installed a 60mm throttle body last night. After taking his car out and making sure there weren't any vacuum leaks or any idle oddities due to the throttle body we decided to have some fun runs. It was about midnight so the interstate was clear and we headed out.

1st run we slowed to about 45 mph. I honked 3 times and we took off. I immediately started pulling away and at 80 let off with I'd say a 4 car lenght lead. Turns out he started off in 3rd gear while I started off in 2nd.
    Next race we slowed to 40mph with both of us in 2nd gear this time. We take off and I pull him back to my rear bumper as I shift into 3rd gear. Right when I go to shift into 4th gear (90-95mph) he lets off with his front bumper even with my front door. So he was catching up slowly.
    The last race we slowed to about 35mph and both took off in 2nd gear. This race was about as even as you could get. He slowly inched ahead and at a little over 100mph my front bumper was even with his front door.
    I'd like to see what would happen the faster we went because he seemed to pull only when I was at the top of my 3rd gear. Once I shifted into 4th it stayed about the same. Good runs, hopefully I can convince him to take it to the strip this year.

Jason
    Last edited by JasoNeon; 05-09-2006 at 11:58 AM.
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Cool

Cool info. U'r car is pretty fast. I didn't think the 2.0s were that quick, but they seem pretty formiddable when modded.

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Good stuff. I haven't really raced too much except at the track. I've ran against SRT-4s & lost. They are quick, especially a stage 2 or 3! I MIGHT be able to keep even with a nicely modded one if i had a good launch. Tell your buddy I said to head to the track & have some fun.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods